Official Nashville Predators Thread

Did you see foresburg just cheesing when Fiala was trying to get feisty? Seriously laughed out loud watching
Yeah that was awesome. Saw that smile from my seat in the 300 level.

Wonder if Fiala will start getting the boo bird treatment now given the way he acted last night. If so, Suter probably be glad to get some folks that still won't let go that he left for more money, where his wife wanted to go, and left the team in a better position to get better than if he had stayed, off his back.

Reactions: Gzearl11
Yeah that was awesome. Saw that smile from my seat in the 300 level.

Wonder if Fiala will start getting the boo bird treatment now given the way he acted last night. If so, Suter probably be glad to get some folks that still won't let go that he left for more money, where his wife wanted to go, and left the team in a better position to get better than if he had stayed, off his back.
He might, especially if he indeed leave on some kind of rocky terms. The continued booing of Suter is a head-scratcher to me.

I’ve heard from multiple people that Suter lied to Poile. Told Poile he was staying. Not sure if that is accurate, but that is something I have heard from more than one person.

I’ve heard from multiple people that Suter lied to Poile. Told Poile he was staying. Not sure if that is accurate, but that is something I have heard from more than one person.
Maybe so. I don't keep up much with the rumor stuff. It worked out for the Preds (and for him I guess). They never would have been able to put together the team they have if they dropped a ton on Suter.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Maybe so. I don't keep up much with the rumor stuff. It worked out for the Preds (and for him I guess). They never would have been able to put together the team they have if they dropped a ton on Suter.

I agree. Just think that may have something to do with the booing whether it’s true or not.

The fact that the Preds don't have Suter, Weber, or Jones anymore yet the defense is fine is an encapsulation of his genius as a GM. There are so many other teams in this league that if they saw 3 players depart of that caliber, for any reason, they'd have a real hard time replacing them. They might be lacking depth there for years. Those 3 are gone and it's like nothing even happened, and they've been replaced with more than capable guys. Just incredible scouting/drafting. I know Weber was traded specifically for another elite defenseman, but how often do you see deals like that not work out?

The fact that the Preds don't have Suter, Weber, or Jones anymore yet the defense is fine is an encapsulation of his genius as a GM. There are so many other teams in this league that if they saw 3 players depart of that caliber, for any reason, they'd have a real hard time replacing them. They might be lacking depth there for years. Those 3 are gone and it's like nothing even happened, and they've been replaced with more than capable guys. Just incredible scouting/drafting. I know Weber was traded specifically for another elite defenseman, but how often do you see deals like that not work out?
I think Columbus is happy with the trade as well. It's worked out well for both teams. The PK - Weber trade was a steal IMO.

I think Columbus is happy with the trade as well. It's worked out well for both teams. The PK - Weber trade was a steal IMO.
That trade was going to be a steal for whoever got Subban. Montreal's problem was that Subban was a great player, but I don't think they ever were going to get it out of him there. He went from being under a microscope and people looking for him to be perfect to a more relaxed hockey environment and city. It was a perfect move for him. It's similar to the success someone like Bob Shoop or Dave Clawson has experienced after leaving Tennessee.

The thing that made that trade the most surprising was that Subban is 4 years younger than Weber.

2-0 Carolina... Just another horrible start.. About to give up on this team and ask dish for my money back on the half season NHL package lol

VN Store

Back