Official Nashville Predators Thread

We are not beating this Jets team playing a run and gun game. We have to play a more defensive style (I know not Lavy’s style) to beat them. We did this in our playoff wins against them last year.

We are not beating this Jets team playing a run and gun game. We have to play a more defensive style (I know not Lavy’s style) to beat them. We did this in our playoff wins against them last year.

Lavy’s style relies heavily on getting significant production offensively from defenders at the blue line and that is not happening anymore. When the Stanley cup run happened, the defenders were cranking out goals like crazy.

Agree as well with the dump and chase, it isn’t working anymore and it kills me when they do that crap on a power play.

The Preds should be up 3 or 4 goals to none if not for great saves/defensive efforts by the Wild.

Saros plays lights out, the team can't score in front of him to add to the lead, and now we're tied.

Because they need a 2C and/or another winger.

And Subban and Ellis have not been good this year. Josi’s been the only constant.
So trade a top defender in hopes that a college prospect pans out? Rather throw tolvanen out there than trade away. IMO of course

One thing I've noticed is that Laviolette's 5th year in both Carolina and Philly resulted in him being fired and this is his 5th year in Nashville. Now I don't know why he was previously fired by those two teams but it seems like his teams just don't produce in those fifth years.

One thing I've noticed is that Laviolette's 5th year in both Carolina and Philly resulted in him being fired and this is his 5th year in Nashville. Now I don't know why he was previously fired by those two teams but it seems like his teams just don't produce in those fifth years.
Worried, don't wanna see Nashville be a doormat

So trade a top defender in hopes that a college prospect pans out? Rather throw tolvanen out there than trade away. IMO of course

Subban and Ellis have not been top defenders this year now. Not really close, actually. I’d take more offensive fire power over either of those “top defenders.”

Pekka and Juuse need to take this team out behind Bridgestone and beat them over their heads with their sticks. The defense is crap and they can't score either anymore.

Have said before but Preds seem to make backup goalies look like Vezina contenders. Need to look up how they have done last couple years vs backups, might be just me but thinking it's not very good.

Doubt it happens but fun to talk about as fans but would anyone support firing Lavy to make a run at Joel Quenneville?

VN Store

Back