Official Nashville Predators Thread

The roster management, and more importantly the development of the young players on this team is troubling. This franchise is getting the reputation of being toxic to young talent. That doesn't change right away....... But you have to start changing that right now......... Immediately.

If Poile won't or can't then he needs to go immediately as well. They are on the verge of becoming a dumpster fire.

Reactions: 05_never_again
I agree about a rebuild but what do we do with Duchene & Johansen? Their contracts are horrible.

We really should’ve tried to move them both last year.

I agree about a rebuild but what do we do with Duchene & Johansen? Their contracts are horrible.

We really should’ve tried to move them both last year.
You might have been able to move Duchene after the year he had. No one is taking Johansen.

Did Poile and this entire organization just mail it in after the 2017-18 season?
Two things, I think that validated what they were doing. And that you needed a mix of crafty veterans and solid youth to make a good run. Somewhere along the way they forgot how to deal with the young players, help them grow, learn from mistakes and get comfortable and get a good feel for their linemates.

I think Hynes is a big impediment to the growth of young players and Poile has enabled Haynes to trash our younger players setting them back years. It's going to take a new coach years to develop the roster back to what it used to be, the question is will we have to have a new GM too. Hynes is done after this year, he used up the benefit of the doubt when some of his players overachieved last year. It's obvious this team doesn't have it.

I'll say this, if Poile really believed Tolvy would clear waivers he's lost his ability to read the room and any other decision he makes as GM should also be questioned.

Two things, I think that validated what they were doing. And that you needed a mix of crafty veterans and solid youth to make a good run. Somewhere along the way they forgot how to deal with the young players, help them grow, learn from mistakes and get comfortable and get a good feel for their linemates.

I think Hynes is a big impediment to the growth of young players and Poile has enabled Haynes to trash our younger players setting them back years. It's going to take a new coach years to develop the roster back to what it used to be, the question is will we have to have a new GM too. Hynes is done after this year, he used up the benefit of the doubt when some of his players overachieved last year. It's obvious this team doesn't have it.

I'll say this, if Poile really believed Tolvy would clear waivers he's lost his ability to read the room and any other decision he makes as GM should also be questioned.
Was reading this article yesterday and I think this guy nails it. Said it has to be incredibly frustrating for a young player to do exactly what management wanted him to do, yet still see himself on the outside.

Eeli Tolvanen’s departure should be the last straw for Nashville fans - On the Forecheck

The Hynes hire, IMO, never made sense from the jump.

Nashville battled the entire game against the Oilers last night. Even if they'd lost 4-3 it would still have been the best game they've played all year.

Aside from Monday night, if Preds keep playing like they have been, there's going to be a lot of empty seats. Also probably will be a lot of cheap seats on TicketExchange from ticket holders fed up with going and trying to get at least a few dollars for them.

Second straight win. Tonight's game was against the Blackhawks though. Congrats to Roman Josi on becoming the leading scorer in Preds history.

Massive night by Juuse Saros tonight. Sets a Predators record for saves in a game and a new record for NHL this year. Big win over Carolina

Reactions: Manning Up
Massive night by Juuse Saros tonight. Sets a Predators record for saves in a game and a new record for NHL this year. Big win over Carolina
67 freaking shots, dang.

Preds only had 27 and won 5-3 lol. Granted the 5th was an empty net goal but still

Last edited:
Reactions: Manning Up

And it was announced that Saros was selected to the All Star game. This game was a barometer for the rest of the season. Looking forward to THG's comments tomorrow.

Jumped both St. Louis AND Colorado in the standings. On a side note, Tolvanen has 3 points in 3 games for Seattle.

Played very well against the second best team in the NHL tonight. Toronto scored the winning goal late in the 3rd period. Let's take it to the Habs tomorrow night.

VN Store

Back