Official Nashville Predators Thread

There’s no money to get Duchene without the Subban trade though. And he didn’t defend that well anyway last year IMO
I agree. I just wish we could have gotten a better defenseman for the third line instead. The two we got are sitting in Milwaukee. But anyways I text my sister in law and asked what they were doing. They were just starting the game like 35 minutes ago. Not allowed to tell them what happened. Glad his Caps went down

Really got to tighten up the defense though. That 3rd pairing is going to kill us going forward. I don't know if any of the guys down in the AHL are better than Matt Irwin or Hamhuis but they got to see if they can upgrade there.
They can't be any worse

There’s no money to get Duchene without the Subban trade though. And he didn’t defend that well anyway last year IMO
Totally agree. I thought he was kind of under the radar mediocre last year (didn't play all that great, but nobody really pointed it out).

Maybe I'm way off, but I wonder if he has lost a step skating-wise. Still a pretty good a skater, but the not the superior one he used to be. I remember going to a game his first season in Nashville and I was blown away not just by how fast he was but how superior his skating was relative to everyone else on the ice, both teams included. He overshadowed everyone else I thought, which was shocking considering all of these guys were NHL players. Incredible balance, change of direction, no wasted motion, effortless strides. Last year, his skating was fine, but it wasn't clearly superior to everyone else's anymore.

Between Rinne and Saros we've given up 17 goals against, I'm not blaming them entirely because the defense has been awful.

I legit think this team has the offense to win the Cup but that defense has got to improve for that to happen.

Rinne is undefeated and Saros is winless so far this year.
Both the defense and Saros have played poorly when Saros has gotten the start, but I agree with @YankeeVol that Saros is the bigger problem of the two. I hate that because it'd be really nice this year for Saros to play well and hold Pekka to about ~50 starts. Pekka gets worn down in the playoffs, even when he was in his 20s.

Both the defense and Saros have played poorly when Saros has gotten the start, but I agree with @YankeeVol that Saros is the bigger problem of the two. I hate that because it'd be really nice this year for Saros to play well and hold Pekka to about ~50 starts. Pekka gets worn down in the playoffs, even when he was in his 20s.
Saros has stretches like this (and good too). He just needs to be more consistent

Last edited:
I didn't like all the liberties the Vegas players were taking against us especially after the game was out of reach in the 3rd. Forsberg got knocked out of the game, hope he isn't too bad hurt.

VN Store

Back