Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so not trying to troll just trying to catch up here. JG met with PF at a steakhouse in Cincy and there are pictures confirming it. Where exactly are the pictures? GRUDEN to the Hill!

volundeer, My thoughts and prayers are with you, sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what that would be like but you seem to have been blessed with the proper mindfulness for the loss. God Bless.
God bless you too lifeVol.
Appreciate you!:)

God bless you too! I appreciate you and your kindness. I have plenty of room for improvement, but my son made me a far better person than I was before him. He forced a lot of the selfishness and pettiness out of me. I put him first out of necessity and through that he taught me to put others first more. Our daughter is a few years older than him (she’s getting married next year), and because of him she has a HUGE heart for anyone who is different, marginalized, bullied, etc.

Sorry.., didn’t mean to go on and on!

We got nothing but time bro...we can always lend an ear or sixty

Reactions: 2 people
I love this thread and everybody in it cept for the trolls and negagrudes. This has been the craziest roller coaster 3 weeks ever. But it's been the best because without this thread and you awesome peeps I would have gone totally BATSH!T or would've drowned in Bulleit and Fireball. Props to all you crazy Grudes. BEST THREAD EVER!

Reactions: 6 people
That's awesome! I loved that story you told about the Arkansas game and how you wrote PF and thanked him and he wrote you back and you still have the letter. Now we have finally broken the Fulmer curse of how he was treated unfairly by Haslam/Hamilton/Currie by hiring him as our Ad and right this football ship. And now you found this treasure. Oh Gruden is coming. I don't need an insider or someone who speculates cause a plane is headed somewhere. I just know it in my heart. Can't explain it. See my wife was diagnosed with Grade 4 Glioblastoma Multiforme brain cancer. She had brain surgery in August. They could only get 60% because it was too deep. She is the absolute love of my life and this beautiful Knoxville girl love UT football as much as anyone on here. She has never been to a game. I hope to take her to one next year. I prayed to the good Lord above that Gruden would come and return us to glory. GRUDEN TO THE HILL 💯

thoughts and prayers go out to you BOTH

my dad was diagnosed the very day I graduated college and I know how long of a road it can be

the ups and downs make it tough, you laugh a while and cry a while but you both hang in there. just have no regrets and make every moment last!

Grudenight all, I might hang on a little longer but I wanted to say it one last time. SOON!!!! Jon Gruden Head Coach of the Tennessee Volunteers!!!!!

God bless you too! I appreciate you and your kindness. I have plenty of room for improvement, but my son made me a far better person than I was before him. He forced a lot of the selfishness and pettiness out of me. I put him first out of necessity and through that he taught me to put others first more. Our daughter is a few years older than him (she’s getting married next year), and because of him she has a HUGE heart for anyone who is different, marginalized, bullied, etc.

Sorry.., didn’t mean to go on and on!

I'm a firm believer that situations and people are placed in our path at the right time to teach us lessons or guide us to our true destination. I think you were placed in all of our paths to give us one important thing...

Perspective.

Thank you.

Reactions: 8 people
thoughts and prayers go out to you BOTH

my dad was diagnosed the very day I graduated college and I know how long of a road it can be

the ups and downs make it tough, you laugh a while and cry a while but you both hang in there. just have no regrets and make every moment last!
You are so right. Shes a positive person and we are sticking together and loving each other and life. To the fullest. The Chemo and radiation is absolutely devastating tho as she has to do them simultaneously. It's barbaric wish there was a better way, a cure. Thank you

Reactions: 3 people
That's awesome! I loved that story you told about the Arkansas game and how you wrote PF and thanked him and he wrote you back and you still have the letter. Now we have finally broken the Fulmer curse of how he was treated unfairly by Haslam/Hamilton/Currie by hiring him as our Ad and right this football ship. And now you found this treasure. Oh Gruden is coming. I don't need an insider or someone who speculates cause a plane is headed somewhere. I just know it in my heart. Can't explain it. See my wife was diagnosed with Grade 4 Glioblastoma Multiforme brain cancer. She had brain surgery in August. They could only get 60% because it was too deep. She is the absolute love of my life and this beautiful Knoxville girl love UT football as much as anyone on here. She has never been to a game. I hope to take her to one next year. I prayed to the good Lord above that Gruden would come and return us to glory. GRUDEN TO THE HILL 💯

BIGORANGEFISH thank you so much for what you wrote! I have been praying for your wife. She sounds like an inspiring, loving woman and you are fortunate to have her and she you. I so hope you can take her to a game next Fall. It’s going to be special - like you said, we just know it. If there’s anything my husband and I can do for you all, holler. We would love to be of assistance. We can never repay all the folks over all those years that helped us. I know you probably won’t believe this, but our daughter had neurosurgery twice -I’m very serious- in the midst of everything else. I just couldn’t believe it when the doctor said she needed neurosurgery (benign pituitary tumor). I thought that right there might finish me off emotionally, but I prayed and trusted and held on tighter to God and we made it through somehow. And we experienced a lot of blessings in the process. Sometimes the most difficult things can give us the greatest blessings. Anyway, keep loving and trusting and reach out if you need a hand, ok? :)

Thank you! He was physically and cognitively disabled so the most difficult thing is after nearly 19 years of caregiving it just stopped. I still feel like I need to care for him, even though I know he’s in God’s care. He was such a good boy and a blessing to us. I take it a day at a time. Fortunate to have lots of support from family and friends. Some days God has to carry me, to tell the truth. Volnation has been a huge blessing, just giving me something totally different to think about and a new community of people to get to know and share with. I appreciate you all so much!

It is great that he had such an amazing Mom to look after him. Thanks for sharing your story.

I feel ya. Lost my Mom 2 years ago to lung cancer. Tried to take her to see the Stones in Nashville. She saw them in the 70s and always told me about it. She tried to get me to go to Memphis with her to see them when I was an early teen but I was too cool at the time to go to a show with my Mom.
So I got handicap accessible tickets, knowing she would have to be wheeled in if she went at all. It would be a gametime decision. Turned out she just wasn't up to it after having transfusions or chemo (can't remember which) that day. She definitely appreciated the gesture, but by that time was on the way out as it turned out. She died 4 months later. 58 years old. I hate it.

I was kind of bummed it didn't work out, but really in the long run I have plenty of memories to be thankful for. Having one thing not work out didn't really diminish the positive influence she had and still has on me.

I hope you get to take her to the ballgame!!!!
Stay strong and pull for the Grude!

Reactions: 4 people
I'm a firm believer that situations and people are placed in our path at the right time to teach us lessons or guide us to our true destination. I think you were placed in all of our paths to give us one important thing...

Perspective.

Thank you.
Well, now you’ve done it. I’m crying. Try not to cry often in case I can’t stop, you know. Thank you so much. The perspective thing works both ways though. You all are bringing me the perspective that’s daily life with myriad good things and bad things so my focus isn’t always on how quiet and empty it seems now. You are very sweet.

Bless you and prayers for you and your wife.

I have no idea how likely Gruden as coach is. I have no inside sources, and I'm very much an "I'll believe it when I see it" type of person. I take everything I read or hear with a grain of salt. But I do think he would be a huge get for us if it were to happen. I can understand those who question and doubt his capabilities, but imo, you cannot argue his football knowledge. The argument would be can he translate that knowledge to college football? I believe he could. Add his knowledge and his charisma together, and you have the makings of an outstanding coach, imo. All that said, my point when starting this mini-essay was to simply point out, when all is said and done, I would love for Gruden to come forward with his side of the tale. I know it's not likely to happen, and I guess if he takes the job it wouldn't matter as much, but I'd still like to know.

BIGORANGEFISH thank you so much for what you wrote! I have been praying for your wife. She sounds like an inspiring, loving woman and you are fortunate to have her and she you. I so hope you can take her to a game next Fall. It’s going to be special - like you said, we just know it. If there’s anything my husband and I can do for you all, holler. We would love to be of assistance. We can never repay all the folks over all those years that helped us. I know you probably won’t believe this, but our daughter had neurosurgery twice -I’m very serious- in the midst of everything else. I just couldn’t believe it when the doctor said she needed neurosurgery (benign pituitary tumor). I thought that right there might finish me off emotionally, but I prayed and trusted and held on tighter to God and we made it through somehow. And we experienced a lot of blessings in the process. Sometimes the most difficult things can give us the greatest blessings. Anyway, keep loving and trusting and reach out if you need a hand, ok? :)
That is so awesome thank you for your prayers and support. See this is why VN are best fans in the world

Reactions: 4 people
So did this Gruden and Fulmer meeting in Cincy take place? And do we have pictures?

Fulmer was not there at the time of the pic ("no one associated with UT"). Not sure what is in the pic other than Gruden. How it proves Gruden was at the restaurant tonight, not quite sure. Time stamp or was someone in the pic that would indicate it was not taken earlier, like a potential assistant coach (or coaches)? Probably a little far fetched, but that's the way my mind works. (I'm pretty certain I saw a flying saucer when I was in high school).

Something wrong with me.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back