Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
jmo. Think bev realizes she messed up letting hoh pick the previous ad.
She prolly said... Phil, get me the fawk out of this mess.

Vn, we tore her down, now build her back up and send thank you emails and tweets. Let her know we know how hard it was to go against the haslam cartel.

this.

Reactions: 3 people
Bev seems clueless. No wonder it was a cluster f***.

I couldn't disagree more. I thought she did a great job considering this kind of spotlight is not where she is accustomed to being.

I can't imagine the PC going any better short of Phil closing the whole thing with a "soon."

Reactions: 7 people
I didn’t think Bev did too badly. She looked tired and overwhelmed. She said she had heard from tons of people. I think she is probably very very tired.

Reactions: 4 people
Maybe, but I think she was just terrified. This is probably not anywhere near at the top of her list of favorite things to do.

I thought her remarks, while obviously prepared by committee, were very, very good. CPF was just himself, as he should have been.

She said all the right things and refused to answer any questions about coaches. I thought she represented the school very well. Just consider how much pressure she has been under lately.

Reactions: 9 people
guys and gals, we need to flood twitter, facebook, and emails with thank you to lady davenport. as hard as we went after this, they responded, and deserve a kind, heartfelt, thank you.

Reactions: 19 people
I promise you this. He wants to screw over the SECCG really bad. He will work all night to land a top tier coach to be announced before or after the game... He wants TN to get back in the spotlight. NOW.

Reactions: 9 people
Bev seems clueless. No wonder it was a cluster f***.

She’s not clueless just has to watch what she says a lot of lawsuits may be coming. She’s in tears because she didn’t get it right the first time and her job is next if she doesn’t stay on board !

Basilio still laughing at anyone talking Grumors. It is a new day Basilio. The gate and gatekeeper has been torn down.

She just seemed like a person with her tail between her legs. The bottom line is that she underestimated the fan base and she’s waving the white flag.

Reactions: 8 people
It's Beginning to look a lot like GRUDEN
everywhere Paul Revere goes,
he's riding through campus and telling the folks,
everything he knows!

I'm hearing we are closer than ever to GRUDEN HIRING as Phil is even more committed to Grinding this out than anyone. He backstabbed Currie in true Phil fashion and we will prevail! Nice job vol fans!!!!!!! WE did it!!!:rock:

Phil may be a lowdown backstabber, but he's OUR backstabber. and he WINS!!!! Lets just hope he doesn't get backstabbed again. lot of daggers up on the hill. always have been.

might be a little longer than I expected, but I'd say by sundown Monday we will have our new Coach. You can book that. Thank y'all for the support (most of you) and those few haters can apologize next week. I'm sure you'll still be in a good mood.

I can't wait to see that little orange man with the blonde bowl cut on the sidelines! Nothing like a blonde Mo Howard cut and a good Valencia orange grimace to fire up the boys! I've been a fan for years of the man. Silly faces and all!!!

Reactions: 26 people
JMO. Think Bev realizes she messed up letting HoH pick the previous AD.
She prolly said... Phil, get me the fawk out of this mess.

VN, we tore her down, now build her back up and send thank you emails and tweets. Let her know we know how hard it was to go against the Haslam cartel.

Already tweeted my thanks to her and that next on her checklist should be to bring Jon home, bring Tee home and bring Kevin home.

Reactions: 2 people
Bev didn't mince words in saying, three separate times by my count, that she now understands the power of the Volunteer Nation fan base. That she has heard us, that she appreciates what we have to say, that we are passionate, and vocal, and steadfast in reminding her and the university leadership what's important. She even sent us a clear message about where we are today: "our goals are the same."

She was talking directly to us through that press conference. Couldn't be bothered with John Adams or the press, they were just a medium to get word back to us.

She actually (or if she had help, her scriptwriter) did a very good job of crafting her opening comments. Listen again: there's some subtle genius in them.

I agree. I was hearing the same thing. There’s a reason Currie’s choices kept getting blocked.

Reactions: 2 people
A little off topic but I wanted to share. My son has been struggling with depression for a while. A few weeks ago he almost made a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Luckily, we got to him before anything could happen. He is doing better now but today,when Currie was fired and Fulmer was announced as the AD, is the first time I have heard him laugh and act happy in a long time. He has a long way to go but this gives me hope. Thank you to Volnation and all those in the Gruden thread. You made a change in Tennessee football but also probably in a young mans life. I pray for his health more than anything but also for the the return to the dominance of Tennessee football. I want him to see it and not just here my stories about it. Go Vols!

Prayers for your son - something good to build on today, much more than football.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thy own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back