Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked her. She seems pretty no nonsense to me. I also sincerely felt that after this social media storm that she finally GETS what Tennessee is about.

Phil had me crying tears of joy and redemption for him. It’s a good day to be a Tennessee Vol.

Seemed she was emotional at first. Almost like she gets it now...I hope she does.

A little off topic but I wanted to share. My son has been struggling with depression for a while. A few weeks ago he almost made a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Luckily, we got to him before anything could happen. He is doing better now but today,when Currie was fired and Fulmer was announced as the AD, is the first time I have heard him laugh and act happy in a long time. He has a long way to go but this gives me hope. Thank you to Volnation and all those in the Gruden thread. You made a change in Tennessee football but also probably in a young mans life. I pray for his health more than anything but also for the the return to the dominance of Tennessee football. I want him to see it and not just here my stories about it. Go Vols!

Tell that young man UT is comin and he's comin with us!

Reactions: 7 people
Cut her some slack. You can tell she is overcome with emotion. I care less about how she looks in the press conference than the decisions that she makes. For that, we owe her a good bit of gratitude.

I would much rather her make the best decision as opposed to look good in the press conference and make the wrong decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
I had the goosebumps the entire time CPF talked. It was like the mob boss had arrived, and you better listen to what he had to say or you will regret it. I also had goosebumps because I know how much him returning after all the crap of the last few years meant to him and the fan base. :rock: :rock: :rock:

Reactions: 1 person
Couldn't watch the press conference live but actually teared up a little just reading the responses on here. Been a long 6 weeks....

Let's finish this thing!!!

Reactions: 5 people
Bev seemed like she now understands. Hopefully that wasn't just a show for all of us. She really sounded like she has been educated in this process since arriving here. Great job to all that put the pressure on and let your voice be heard. I am hopeful she heard and truly gets it now. Tell the national media we don't care what you think and let's ride. We're VOLUNTEERS because we don't need anyone to tell us when to do the right thing.

Reactions: 5 people
I have access to some great resources regarding this. Such a tough subject. Let me know if you need anything. Glad your son is doing well and will continue to pray for well being.

DTO,

Thank you. If you have anything helpful I'm willing to try. feel free to email me at bkwvols@hotmail.com. Thank you again for the offer and kind words.

A little off topic but I wanted to share. My son has been struggling with depression for a while. A few weeks ago he almost made a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Luckily, we got to him before anything could happen. He is doing better now but today,when Currie was fired and Fulmer was announced as the AD, is the first time I have heard him laugh and act happy in a long time. He has a long way to go but this gives me hope. Thank you to Volnation and all those in the Gruden thread. You made a change in Tennessee football but also probably in a young mans life. I pray for his health more than anything but also for the the return to the dominance of Tennessee football. I want him to see it and not just here my stories about it. Go Vols!

Thank you for sharing this. Your family, especially your son, will be in my prayers.

Reactions: 4 people
She said what she needed to without going off. Sounded like she wanted to punch Currie.

VF, I wasn't so much knocking Bev in my prev post as to point out that the team of Bev and Currie (mostly Currie), just couldn't work, I know this decision was tough on her

Bev didn't mince words in saying, three separate times by my count, that she now understands the power of the Volunteer Nation fan base. That she has heard us, that she appreciates what we have to say, that we are passionate, and vocal, and steadfast in reminding her and the university leadership what's important. She even sent us a clear message about where we are today: "our goals are the same."

She was talking directly to us through that press conference. Couldn't be bothered with John Adams or the press, they were just a medium to get word back to us.

She actually (or if she had help, her scriptwriter) did a very good job of crafting her opening comments. Listen again: there's some subtle genius in them.

Reactions: 15 people
JMO. Think Bev realizes she messed up letting HoH pick the previous AD.
She prolly said... Phil, get me the fawk out of this mess.

VN, we tore her down, now build her back up and send thank you emails and tweets. Let her know we know how hard it was to go against the Haslam cartel.

Reactions: 27 people
Aaaaaaand, after a slight derailment of everything, we're back to waiting on Gruden.

jg_smoke.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back