Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Our football teams, in recent years, have struggled for a variety of reasons, but through it all we have been supported by the most passionate fan base in the country. These great fans deserve teams that make them proud.” - Phillip Fulmer

Reactions: 12 people
Tweet Davenport thank you for the rest of the day.

For her to come out and make it clear he bs will not be entertained proves to me she’s with us

Reactions: 5 people
I am back in GRUmors for first time in awhile. Since it became apparent that Currie was gonna bring a bum for a coach. Put steam back on boys.

#SOON

It's Beginning to look a lot like GRUDEN
everywhere Paul Revere goes,
he's riding through campus and telling the folks,
everything he knows!

I'm hearing we are closer than ever to GRUDEN HIRING as Phil is even more committed to Grinding this out than anyone. He backstabbed Currie in true Phil fashion and we will prevail! Nice job vol fans!!!!!!! WE did it!!!:rock:

Phil may be a lowdown backstabber, but he's OUR backstabber. and he WINS!!!! Lets just hope he doesn't get backstabbed again. lot of daggers up on the hill. always have been.

might be a little longer than I expected, but I'd say by sundown Monday we will have our new Coach. You can book that. Thank y'all for the support (most of you) and those few haters can apologize next week. I'm sure you'll still be in a good mood.

I can't wait to see that little orange man with the blonde bowl cut on the sidelines! Nothing like a blonde Mo Howard cut and a good Valencia orange grimace to fire up the boys! I've been a fan for years of the man. Silly faces and all!!!

I like the way you talk

“Our football program has the history, facilities, the tradition, and the resources to play with anyone, anytime and that’s what were gonna do again.” - Phillip Fulmer

Reactions: 16 people
another round of emails ...

"Thank You for hearing the fans. I think I can speak for all of us ... we've never felt like we mattered to the administration before. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. I feel such pride in my beloved Vols right now, and much gratitude to all involved, especially Chancellor Davenport. Thank You so, so, so, very much. It seems like it's the first thing we've done right in over a decade. Now, we just pray that our proud new Athletic Director goes out and recruits the right man for the job.

Thank You one more time.
Go Vols!
---- Webb
preacherwebb@yahoo.com
Vol For Life"

Reactions: 10 people
JMO. Think Bev realizes she messed up letting HoH pick the previous AD.
She prolly said... Phil, get me the fawk out of this mess.

VN, we tore her down, now build her back up and send thank you emails and tweets. Let her know we know how hard it was to go against the Haslam cartel.

This... Met her very briefly last summer. She was very excited to be here and at the event we met she seemed a bit overwhelmed. She did what we have been asking the past few days...

Reactions: 3 people
another round of emails ...

"Thank You for hearing the fans. I think I can speak for all of us ... we've never felt like we mattered to the administration before. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. I feel such pride in my beloved Vols right now, and much gratitude to all involved, especially Chancellor Davenport. Thank You so, so, so, very much. It seems like it's the first thing we've done right in over a decade. Now, we just pray that our proud new Athletic Director goes out and recruits the right man for the job.

Thank You one more time.
Go Vols!
---- Webb
preacherwebb@yahoo.com
Vol For Life"

Perfect

We are all thankful for Chancellor Davenport's decision today! Give her a call, email, tweet, etc and let her know!

I just called and the receptionist almost broke down into tears and said that a sincere thank you was the nicest thing that she has heard all day!

Let her know how grateful we are for making the right hire.

Reactions: 12 people
Bev didn't mince words in saying, three separate times by my count, that she now understands the power of the Volunteer Nation fan base. That she has heard us, that she appreciates what we have to say, that we are passionate, and vocal, and steadfast in reminding her and the university leadership what's important. She even sent us a clear message about where we are today: "our goals are the same."

She was talking directly to us through that press conference. Couldn't be bothered with John Adams or the press, they were just a medium to get word back to us.

She actually (or if she had help, her scriptwriter) did a very good job of crafting her opening comments. Listen again: there's some subtle genius in them.

It’s nice to know she heard us and that we all had a part in that voice.

Reactions: 2 people
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I interpreted Phil's "may have guys interested now that weren't interested before" as talking to recruits not coaches... Anyone else agree?

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back