Official Jon Gruden Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a direct first hand contact in the President's office. I asked this precise question about whose side the Prez is on and he said he's not even sure.

I get the sense that everyone has been so blown away by all this nobody knows what to do.

Even more reason to keep the pressure on.

I have a question that I hope someone may have insight into. Maybe I'm "misremembering", but early in this process, weren't reports that part of what made Gruden possible, was that PM was onboard for some marketing/fundraising to persuade or sweeten the pot for some entity so that it could happen?

If this is the case, then why all the reports now that PM was onboard with the Schiano hire?

What happened that made this deal go so far south as far as Peyton is concerned?

I think Peyton's name was thrown out there after all the backlash from naming Schiano

wasn't it Monday afternoon before they said he was on board, surely to sh*t they would've said that upfront but well all know who we're dealing with

This may not make sense, or maybe it's already been discussed, but hear me out.

The reason tee hasn't gotten a call would line up with Gruden coming and tee being oc, I mean it lines up with that, if all this other bull **** is happening that sure as hell could make sense. All these names are just bs....Gundy was never coming. Hell I don't know, I'm lost.

Reactions: 4 people
So what happened to Currie being fired if Doeren was not hired today? I am starting to think we have an entire group of boosters with no balls. The longer he is still employed the less I have faith in anybody doing anything about him. It seems that while we may want him fired, there are still a bunch of people supporting him internally. Are you telling me that NOBODY can or will stand up to Haslam? Nobody else can turn the tide and actually help us get a good coach that fits Tennessee?

Reactions: 9 people
I understand your frustrations completely. I’ll address this once because I don’t want this to spiral and distract us. What’s done is done.

This has gone completely sideways on us. In the beginning, the belief was, everything was kosher and going to planned. A few, took it on their own accord to get in contact with some candidates they had a relationship with and for the most part, it seemed like everyone was ok with this.

Well, the only way I can rationalize what I’m about to say (and excuse me for being blunt is) “someone” or “some people” got *utt hurt that this happened without their blessing and didn’t invite “them” to the party, so to speak.

I’m not going to go into great detail what happened next because I don’t have enough time... I could write a book on it. The short story is, we were all taken off guard and surprised. The reason Bev didn’t sign off is because Bev wasn’t even in the loupe. It was rushed in order to try and get it done quickly, so there could be no objections.

Thankfully, someone close to Currie did, in fact, leak what was happening. If it weren’t for him/ her, this deal would have been done and Schiano would have been trotted out to EVERYONES surprise.

So there you have it. I know this doesn’t come as a surprise. Of course, like you said, this is purely from my perspective. I’m not going to comment on it anymore. We have more important things to focus our energy on, but we have won every battle since this all went down.

I'm not frustrated, Paul, I'm objective (from my perspective, of course).

In the grand scheme of things, the next coach for a football team is really small potatoes, you know? Keeping your soldiers alive, accomplishing really tough missions, raising your kids right, staying in love with that gal you married (or guy, for some of us) ... those are the really big challenges that merit getting worried about when they aren't going well.

This is about football.

I love Tennessee football, have all my life. Rooted for Tennessee over Army when I was a cadet at West Point, have never wavered once in my love for our lads and lasses and teams. But it's still just a pastime, a sport, a form of entertainment.

I try to keep it all in perspective.

So when I say we're at the 2-to-4 range right now on that 1-10 scale, I mean that objectively. Not speaking out of frustration.

But thanks for the concern. :salute:

Reactions: 1 person
I have a question that I hope someone may have insight into. Maybe I'm "misremembering", but early in this process, weren't reports that part of what made Gruden possible, was that PM was onboard for some marketing/fundraising to persuade or sweeten the pot for some entity so that it could happen?

If this is the case, then why all the reports now that PM was onboard with the Schiano hire?

What happened that made this deal go so far south as far as Peyton is concerned?

Yea, it's 1 of maybe 962 unanswered questions we're working on right now. Be patient.

Reactions: 4 people
This may not make sense, or maybe it's already been discussed, but hear me out.

The reason tee hasn't gotten a call would line up with Gruden coming and tee being oc, I mean it lines up with that, if all this other bull **** is happening that sure as hell could make sense. All these names are just bs....Gundy was never coming. Hell I don't know, I'm lost.

That's the screenplay version. :)

It just wouldn't make sense to make UT look so incompetent.

So what happened to Currie being fired if Doeren was not hired today? I am starting to think we have an entire group of boosters with no balls. The longer he is still employed the less I have faith in anybody doing anything about him. It seems that while we may want him fired, there are still a bunch of people supporting him internally. Are you telling me that NOBODY can or will stand up to Haslam? Nobody else can turn the tide and actually help us get a good coach that fits Tennessee?

I am starting to wonder this as well....they don't seem to care much about this that 'I' can see.

What are your thoughts on Davenport?

In some ways I believe she’s on our side (like the janitorial services & possibly not signing Brohm’s deal ) however I’m on the fence with her

If it was a public trial she'd be acquitted by a hung jury. She has stopped, (or could have), 2 hires from going thru. If she was a Haslam puppet her name would have been on the Shiano contract. There's a reason it wasn't. I don't know the original offer to Brohm but apparently it was enough already. She has to be conferring with someone and it has to be Joe. I personally think she's well aware of the effort being made by the boosters and that why she's holding off on bad hires. I disagree with anyone wanting her fired. The reason is we're already walking around with 2 black eyes this year. 1 from Jones and 1 from Currie. Enough is enough. She simply went along with Haslam in hiring Currie and now sees the error in that. That's the only fault I can find with her. There's more to it than we're seeing. Maybe she knows something we don't at the moment. :twocents:

for the sake of argument and conversation, playing devil's advocate here..

how plausible would it be for JG to have been in play all along? no talks of anyone leading up 'til Sunday and all of a sudden the Schiano nuke? Around the time JG allegedly signed and asked for this 7 day roundup if you will of staff. Over the next few days reports fly out of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th.. coach approached or talked to for the job, while all the work was already done on our end. Beav said PM would take one for the team on this, what if that was the upfront brunt of the mess to hopefully sooth over the fan base to keep what happened from happening. Which leaves to question, maybe the play was JG and the last few days have been nothing more than stories to keep fans pacified for maybe, 7 days or so? Especially with everything looking as if it's coming full circle "within 48 hrs, if we make a call"?

There's no question the Haslam influence has obviously been an issue for a while I don't disagree with, and even more so for certain people. Could this possibly be for some a perfect time to push personal agenda's like say oust one and replace with another? It's just been pretty obvious the current AD hasn't been very popular for a while with some. which rightfully so, he's not been very popular with many since Sunday, but the were a lot all ears and smiles when he promised to "open the checkbook" and deliver a "homerun hire". replies, comments, feel welcome. conspiracies are always intriguing

like I said for the sake of argument and conversation, I do not necessarily feel this way but begs to question being a possibility?

never say never to anything

Guys, just stop. I've been on the Gruden train this whole time, but there's no way Peyton, Currie, haslam, fulmer, and Davenport are committing career suicide and ruining another coaches reputation as well as theirs justbto hold off on announcing gruden. Think about this for a minute...

Reactions: 6 people
Fire CURRIE! Folks keep pressuring the administration. They are the ones looking stupid by not FIRING CURRIE! Fire Currie NOW! Hire Blackburn!!!!

the only flaw in Deerhiunter's story is that he said he was told by two (2) different camps about Gruden coming. If they separately told the Deer, I'm sure they told other as well, the others told others and the next thing you know we all know. Just say'n......

Exactly...

Guys, just stop. I've been on the Gruden train this whole time, but there's no way Peyton, Currie, haslam, fulmer, and Davenport are committing career suicide and ruining another coaches reputation as well as theirs justbto hold off on announcing gruden. Think about this for a minute...

No some are just commiting career suicide by keeping CURRIE! Fire CURRIE ASAP!

Deer hunter forgot that there is a lady vols thread with a bunch of passionate gals over there that know their history😉😊 we will know soon

Just what if SchiaNO was Haslam's guy but Currie botched it up so bad said he vetted but I doubt it. It got severely beat down vetoed. Fan base revolts. So Haslam to save face throws out some names the he knows will never come nor will the fan base other boosters will support further making Currie look like a clueless douche. Haslam has no other choice fire Currie hire Blackburn and Gruden. He comes out looking like a hero. Naive sheep will fall for it. He remains in control so do speak. But none of the blame falls on him. Just like the Pilot rebate scam everyone else takes the fall. Media praises him and reports that after everything we definitely don't deserve Gruden. Played out just like the puppet master he is.
I've been drinking so my mind is thinking up all kinds of weird SH!T.
OH and Sexton and his guys go to bank.

We need to get together and discuss this over some good grub.

Maybe get together and have some good grub, but Im damn near done with discussing this crap. Im really close to putting my troll britches on and just having some fun. Hell, nobody else is.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back