Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
40-50% faith that Pruitt can turn it around.

He failed at Georgia and nearly cause a player revolt
He looks like a saint with a loaded roster at Bama

He better have one hell of a supporting case or we’ve been Haslam’d hard

Reactions: 1 person
Me too but it looks like that's what is happening.

And if we give it to an Alabama guy who is currently a coach at Alabama I bet Gen Neylqnd is rolling in his grave this morning.

Worse we had proven head coaches on the hook from which we could have some degree of confidence that we could expect results. I told my wife last night if these names hold true Tennessee football may never be relevant in our lifetime again.

And I know that Kirby has done it quickly at UGA but he walked into a loaded roster and what's happened with that type of hire is the exception to the rule. In other words rare and we should have absolutely no reason to believe it will be replicated at UT. We continue to play roulette with our head coach hires. Today is going to be a disappointing moment in our illustrious history.

You do realize that we have done that before right? Shortly after General Neyland passed, Bill battle was the head coach of the boys in orange after playing for the boys in crimson just a few years earlier. He served as the coach for 10 years and amassed a record of 59–22–2. He went on to eventually become the athletic director for the Alabama crimson tide.

I was hoping for a championship level hire this time around, My time is running short to hope for any championships from UT. Been following this program since '65......will be 74 in less than a month. Some of us don't have the time to wait much longer.

I hope you live to see a big turn around and many years of success.

You do realize that we have done that before right? Shortly after General Neyland passed, Bill battle was the head coach of the boys in orange after playing for the boys in crimson just a few years earlier. He served as the coach for 10 years and amassed a record of 59–22–2. He went on to eventually become the athletic director for the Alabama crimson tide.

"He served as the coach for 10 years"
Where?

Yep. I guess I should have said rolling...again.

So the power is flicking on the Titanic.
And I’m reminded of the old saying:

How highs the water Poppa?

“I’d say it’s up over the starberd Bow”

If Tee doesn’t come home. I’ll be very disappointed. Only reason I’m even remotely ok with Pruitt or Tucker is the notion that Tee comes home.

I had season tickets during BB's era. Don't believe he stayed there for 10 years though. Someone had their facts wrong IMO.

If Tee comes as OC, then I’ll be ok with Pruitt I guess. I hoped we would have hired a current HC and not a DC, and I’ll still hold out hope against all odds until someone is at the podium.

For me it wasn’t about Gruden per se. Gruden is symbolic of an elite class of coach and I hoped we could swing for the fences and one of those elite coaches would be ours. We shall see.

This is the only thread I post in, so after this is over I’ll resume my lurking. Keep it classy today, Grudes. Don’t attack each other, don’t let the trolls who will come in swarms tarnish your experience here. It’s been the highlight of the season for me.

Reactions: 5 people
If Tee doesn’t come home. I’ll be very disappointed. Only reason I’m even remotely ok with Pruitt or Tucker is the notion that Tee comes home.

There’s absolutely no reason for him to at this point.
If Pruitt works out he won’t get a shot
If he fails he’s likely fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back