Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually if it has been this quiet from his to this point i don't see anything coming up today on Golic

If Tee doesn’t come home. I’ll be very disappointed. Only reason I’m even remotely ok with Pruitt or Tucker is the notion that Tee comes home.

I want Tee to come home as well. The only reason I could see him returning under Pruitt or Tucker is that he’s been promised the HCIW.

Reactions: 1 person
BB was tight end coach at Bama, not UT. The UT job was between him and Johnny Majors. Majors lost.

Then the information I pulled from the web is wrong but it makes a stronger and more compelling argument that its not the first time someone who previously wore crimson changed it out for orange and was a successful coach at the University.

Actually if it has been this quiet from his to this point i don't see anything coming up today on Golic

Agree, but, at some point the elephant in the room needs to be addressed and info needs to come out.

It's tough keeping the faith. All I know is that if Gruden was interested and we made it til Monday this week, and he said no, and nothing about it is malfeasance. Unless, we subscribe to the "reality" of all outside this thread we are just crazy and there was nothing to it and nothing needs to be addressed.

I am still wishing there is a way to get Gruden, but my meter is almost bottomed out. If it has to be Tucker or Pruitt please let it be Tucker. Pruitt is Bama thru and thru. He’s only spent one year outside that God- forsaken state since he played there. Also, the last time we hired a Bama DC, that didn’t work out so well.

He spent a couple of years at FSU, coordinating that 2013 championship team

Looks like overnight sucked.

200w.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Nothing from Gruden......bad...? Good....? Does it matter anymore....?

Do we have a coach.....? Do we ever get the real story....? Are we crazy for believing?

Same as always, we wait and hope to hear something.

If Tee comes as OC, then I’ll be ok with Pruitt I guess. I hoped we would have hired a current HC and not a DC, and I’ll still hold out hope against all odds until someone is at the podium.

For me it wasn’t about Gruden per se. Gruden is symbolic of an elite class of coach and I hoped we could swing for the fences and one of those elite coaches would be ours. We shall see.

This is the only thread I post in, so after this is over I’ll resume my lurking. Keep it classy today, Grudes. Don’t attack each other, don’t let the trolls who will come in swarms tarnish your experience here. It’s been the highlight of the season for me.

Gruden definitely gave us hope for that homerun hire that would make us relevant again. I’m concerned for today’s announcement. At least it’s nearing the end.

But don’t go off lurking! I came here for the Grumors and stayed for the company. There will be another thread for us....it just won’t say Gruden on it anymore!

Gruden definitely gave us hope for that homerun hire that would make us relevant again. I’m concerned for today’s announcement. At least it’s nearing the end.

But don’t go off lurking! I came here for the Grumors and stayed for the company. There will be another thread for us....it just won’t say Gruden on it anymore!

I can get behind this.:rock:

10 is the new 6. He forgot to mention that we got worse every season BB was hfc, except once. Dickey had us set up to own the 70s and BB's crap recruiting tore it down.

I should rephrase. He is actually following it, but didn't follow it recently. In fact he follows every SEC sports page. and he follows players from TN, Vandy, TN State, TN Tech... it means NOTHING.

Good morning, all!

Well, that was flattening.

I’m ready to see an announcement made today. If it’s Pruitt with Tee and what’s-it, then so be it. We’ll recruit the hell out of things, that’s for sure.

All along, I’ve just wanted to see a determined effort to bring in Gruden. If he said no in the end, it’s because he doesn’t want to be here, and there’s not a thing in the world we can do about it.

(not to mention that I kept thinking about how much we’d have to pay his replacement when he moved on, after setting the bar so high...)

Time to reunite as Tennessee fans! Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Nothing from Gruden......bad...? Good....? Does it matter anymore....?

Do we have a coach.....? Do we ever get the real story....? Are we crazy for believing?

Same as always, we wait and hope to hear something.

I think the doesn’t matter anymore might be the most accurate. Seems like wondering for another 4-5 make the Belk bowl year 2-3 is going to be the norm then new search in 4-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back