Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is with the train of thought on Haslam submarining other coaching options. I don’t understand that line of thought. Explain it to me please

Ok. He’s rich, and is smarter than everyone. He thought he knew better than everyone else the room. Hell he owns the Browns, and couldn’t get GS hired there.

I posted yesterday that he has known Shiano since Tampa Bay days. He went after him while at Kansas St. to replace Bill Snyder. I believe now that Shiano his plan B. I believe Mullin was the target and when Kelley went to UCLA, Florida went after Mullin which left Currie with plan B Shiano. In the middle of this I believe Haslam forced Shiano on Currie because Haslam interviewed Shiano a few weeks ago for the Browns job.

:thud:

F$%^ Haslam and the boat he rode in on!

I don't think Mullen was a real Plan A. He freaking cancelled the interview with him!

Currie is nothing but a clown trying to hire his bed buddy into a position he is in no way qualified for.

Haslimes should hang for this, too.

Reactions: 5 people
Dan Wetzel from YAHOO going to be on 99.1. Could be interesting. Probably pro Schiano. He covered the Penn St story closely.

I posted yesterday that he has known Shiano since Tampa Bay days. He went after him while at Kansas St. to replace Bill Snyder. I believe now that Shiano his plan B. I believe Mullin was the target and when Kelley went to UCLA, Florida went after Mullin which left Currie with plan B Shiano. In the middle of this I believe Haslam forced Shiano on Currie because Haslam interviewed Shiano a few weeks ago for the Browns job.

:thud:

F$%^ Haslam and the boat he rode in on!

I think, given the recent info, that Schiano was plan A, B, C...there was and is no other plan. Currie and Haslam believed that we would just be overjoyed that they had selected this guy as coach because they are the only ones smart enough to do it. They, mostly Haslam, think we are all pathetically dumb and must be spoon fed.

Reactions: 2 people
Schiano was never plan B as I alluded to earlier...even sadder part is I found out about it from one of Urbans very close associates literally as it was going down Sunday afternoon with a text “did you know you are closing in on Schiano? Your crew is up here now are you aware?”

Ill elaborate more once I have time to put the rest of the puzzle together and the timing around it but rest assured this guy was never even on most of our radar until the very last second....which is clearly what Currie wanted.

I am headed to knoxville now...then off to an another location to discuss what measures will help force change. We must demand accountability....pure and simple.

This is how you get things done..... I have never met you Atlanta Vol but thank you for all you have done, are doing and will do to help right this ship :hi:

Reactions: 7 people
“Originally Posted by Atlanta VOL:
We are headed into a dark time...but we must rid ourselves of the folks who continue to bring this program down and bow to “old money” in order to truly have a chance at the future. I am headed to ktown today...if something isn’t done then many of us have no other choice than to pull funding and resources until a change is made. I urge all of you no matter how big or small a donor to let the folks at UTAD department know we expect a healthy process and fair shake....if not support other good causes and get tickets on stub hub the day of the game if you want but do not donate until resolution has come.”

Reactions: 1 person
I think, given the recent info, that Schiano was plan A, B, C...there was and is no other plan. Currie and Haslam believed that we would just be overjoyed that they had selected this guy as coach because they are the only ones smart enough to do it. They, mostly Haslam, think we are all pathetically dumb and must be spoon fed.

Spoon fed?

Haslime has a feeding tube running from his butthole to his mouth.

Reactions: 2 people
Several media radio stations are saying what they've said all along. Currie ask him weeks ago and Gruden said no thank you. We didn't listen to that and chose to listen to the so called insiders, me included.

:loco:

The way to link what we heard from Hargis, Wallace and here is to think that maybe Currie asked him under the AD plan and he said no to that. If he had said yes to a booster laid plan, he theoretically could’ve said no to the Haslam/Davenport/Currie plan. In that situation, everyone’s information could be viewed as accurate.

Google University of Tennessee Administration, it gives you a list of everyone including their email address. Don't be particular... send an email to all of them. What I did, is to draft an email, copy and paste to each person. I've yet to finish as I'm working on budget requests for next year at work. Let me know should you need additional assistance. Good luck!

Just hit send on a lengthy email to Currie and cc'd Ried Sigmon, Bev and Joe. May never be read, but it made me feel (a little) better.

Reactions: 1 person
Those of you saying “Give I*t* to Cutcliffe “ are assuming he would even want I*t*. Why would he? A man, with heart problems, very near to retirement, leaving a place he is loved and appreciated? And this is not the UT that he left. Not to mention that recruiting has fell apart, there’s an obvious war going on in the AD, and although we say now we would be ok with 5 or 6 losses next year, we all know that’s not true.

^This

He had multiple opportunities to squash the rumors and actively avoided them. He specifically requested that he not be asked about the Tennessee job. That was a chance to clear things up and he WENT OUT OF HIS WAY to avoid it.

I'm not going to completely turn on him yet.. Because it could be that he had a deal with boosters and the AD rejected it... But if thats not the case and it turns out he was never really interested.. F him.

It has been said many times by many people on here and in the media; “Jon Gruden loves the attention”. He’s never going to shut it down because it’s great publicity for him. It’s in his best interest, if we’re looking at it strictly from a business standpoint, to let these “Grumors” continue to grow.

If you don’t think his agents telling him the same thing, you’re not thinking logically.

*Again, I’m not condoning this approach, just stating the obvious.*

We are now going to be a teaching lesson for schools across the country on, PR does and don'ts. Propper vetting of new hires. The list is endless, but it will be taught with us as the butt of it all.

Thanks for response Duke.

Radio personalities don't know sh$$. Gruden himself said never say never less than a week ago. Does that sound like Currie really went after Gruden?

Currie had Sh*taNoShow sign an MOU 2 weeks ago. I don't think Currie even attempted to hire anyone else. PERIOD!

Reactions: 3 people
attachment.php

We need to see this as much as possible.

lol

UT Vols: Owner of Knoxville bar Casual Pint Northshore faces backlash

The Haslams will let Currie burn at the stake. The did the same with the executives from THEIR own company. Jimmy won't be implicated, but some of the higher ups will go to prison. This family needs to GTFO. (Hope that's ok freak, since it's no one on the board) 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back