Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: 2 people
can or has anyone proven Currie offered the job to anyone but GS...
this is the pit of misery...I am so angry over this...I almost stopped breathing when I heard the news yesterday...
We as VOL NATION deserve so much better and so much more than Currie is bringing us...
Selling a Caddy and push in a pinto...

The cancer in athletic department is the Haslams, Currie and Davenport. Clean the house.

The Tennessee Legislature should commence an investigation of the athletic department using subpoena and search warrant powers.

Reactions: 5 people
F*** wetzel, anyone who can call and see if they'll take the call please do so, doubt it will be taken, but this motherF***** and his article demand an ass whooping very few have ever seen on this earth, seriously, hope he gets the worst life has to offer, and f his employer, and most of all, him.

Just because Gruden signed a MOU does not mean that Currie signed it.

All we need is a DIFFERENT Athletic Director to sign it.

Gruden hasn't shot it down because he is in play until someone else takes the podium.

Reactions: 11 people
There are actual humans at work on the other end of the phones. They are taking names and numbers. You and I know we'll never hear back from anyone personally, but that's not the point. The point is to be heard, as one in a vast number of calls and emails and tweets and facebook posts! Call them. Operators are standing by. They will talk to you, take your name and number, and pass it on up the chain. It's another form of petition.

BE HEARD.

Reactions: 3 people
Once Tennessee was known as Rocky Top
King's of the S E C
Now we are a laughing stock
Thanks too John Currie
OOOO U T
A D
F you See K Currie
F
You
See
K
John F'in Currie

Reactions: 1 person
And that wouldn’t be fair to Brohm. He deserves a fair shake somewhere that is a tad less dysfunctional.

Rev, at this point it's not about the coach, it's bigger. You could bring in the nicest guy with solid credentials and no baggage, but with Haslam and his agent at AD, things will continue to be a circus.

Personally, I can't be involved in giving my support to a program that has those individuals making the top decisions. No offense to the players or any other coach that may be hired.

This isn't about Gruden anymore. I still think he would be the best option for our program, but the leadership issues have to be solved first and foremost.

I've sent my emails today. I encourage everyone else to do the same. Be respectful and polite, but firm. We can't support this program as long as Haslam is driving.

Reactions: 8 people
Several media radio stations are saying what they've said all along. Currie ask him weeks ago and Gruden said no thank you. We didn't listen to that and chose to listen to the so called insiders, me included.

:loco:

Oh he said no thank you. Well why didn’t we just give up then? There is no way we could’ve raised our offer, or even said please? Look at Bama with Saban as the example of not giving up. When Saban said no thank you. They just called another truck full of $$. He even had a press conference saying he would not be their coach. They called another truck full of $$. Saban eventually said yes.

Wetzel basically saying we should not convict(painting on the rock) Schiano when there is no evidence he was involved in the Sandusky case.

We are now going to be a teaching lesson for schools across the country on, PR does and don'ts. Propper vetting of new hires. The list is endless, but it will be taught with us as the butt of it all.

This is Tennessee, don't be like Tennessee.

Wetzel basically saying we should not convict(painting on the rock) Schiano when there is no evidence he was involved in the Sandusky case.

Wetzel can stop being a little *****, because Schiano is by almost all accounts a terrible human being even outside of the Pedo State stuff.

F*** wetzel, anyone who can call and see if they'll take the call please do so, doubt it will be taken, but this motherF***** and his article demand an ass whooping very few have ever seen on this earth, seriously, hope he gets the worst life has to offer, and f his employer, and most of all, him.

See first quote, F him.

I They, mostly Haslam, think we are all pathetically dumb and must be spoon fed.

^^^^This x 1000. It's how the wealthy view the masses. Let them eat cake....

They are arrogant and have never been held accountable. They didn't see this revolt coming and trust me. They still don't care. I doubt Haslam can even figure out what all the fuss is about.

Wetzel quotes:

- Recap of deposition b/w State Penn and insurance over Sandusky
- “Double heresay, not admissible in court”
- Mcqueary was star witness, never publicly told the story (Schiano) again
- “If anyone thought they could’ve gotten Schiano over this, they would have; no corroborating evidence”
- “In being fair, due process, if you don’t want him as coach, fine, but to paint rock/put out on social media that he ‘covered up child rape’ is wrong”

Summary is Schiano was basically convicted of something he didn’t do because of social media. Just rehashing over and over.

EDIT: I clearly win the Jimmy award.

Fire Davenport

Fire Currie

Boycott Pilot

Boycott Casual Pint @ Northshore

Hire Blackburn

Gruden To The Hill!

Reactions: 5 people
I get the feeling that Currie is not going to be the one making this hire, sure he might still be employed but I'd bet folding money that someone else within the AD is running the search right now. I very much doubt Currie makes it to next season as the AD, he has pissed way too many people off at this point.

Why would he not be? Currie was doing what his boss (Haslem) told him to do. I can't see Haslem letting him be fired.

They control all the cards right now. From the Governor's mansion, to the BOT, the UT President, the Chancellor, and everything in between.

I like your optimism, but I don't see any place for it right now.

It has been said many times by many people on here and in the media; “Jon Gruden loves the attention”. He’s never going to shut it down because it’s great publicity for him. It’s in his best interest, if we’re looking at it strictly from a business standpoint, to let these “Grumors” continue to grow.

UTPaul, I'm not to sure what to think about you. Most of your posts are spot on but when you miss, oh boy.

Unless you embrace the Cas Walker approach to publicity as being "I don't care what they say about me as long as they spell my name right" then there becomes a point where too much publicity can be a bad thing. Case in point is no further away than John Currie. While everybody thought he was going to bring us the best coach possible he was a rock star. Not so much any more. Gruden has to know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back