Official Jon Gruden thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPQiydGW4AAMcD0.jpg:large

Is that a FFCA hat?

Looks Photoshop..Anyone able to go back when this happened?

It kinda amazes me that the modern business model for news insulates bad journalists, even crooked journalists, from the consequences of their incompetence and/or dishonesty.

For instance: let's just say that some (probably not all, but some) of the journalists reporting on Kelly or Mullen or Frost or whoever being on Currie's short list--that Currie is talking with them...even that they turned down an offer from Tennessee--let's say some of those journalists were paid under the table by a guy like Sexton to lie to the public so his clients can benefit.

Where's the penalty for such journalistic malfeasance?

In the old days, the newspaper or radio station would lose reputation, and bleed subscribers/listeners/ads. But in this day and age, not only does the employer not suffer, it might actually INCREASE revenue in the form of clicks. The more shocking, surprising, or controversial the information provided, the more clicks it gets. True or not. Yes, the host/employer's reputation takes a hit, but that doesn't seem to lower the revenues over time.

Frustrating, this evolution in the world of mass media. But what can you do?

Reactions: 5 people
mrmax86's Guide to the Gruden Threads (v3.1.40):

I’ve been putting together data using the number of times we’ve all been posting since the beginning of the Gruden Threads. [post=14636836]Here[/post] is a list of all, and [post=14641566]here[/post] is the top poster from each thread.

Below is user Atlanta Vol’s important post regarding coaching search details (click the Spoiler button):
Below is user [redacted]’s detailed synopsis of Gruden's deal and the coming days (click the Spoiler button):
Below is user HearForGrumors Manifesto of the Great Gruden Conspiracy (click the Spoiler button):
Audio/Video of Gruden's 11/15/17 appearance on Mike and Mike below, where he doesn't deny the rumors and says "As you know in life, you never say never to nothin" (click the Spoiler button):
[twitterv]930777880291835904[/twitterv]
Below is video of Jon Gruden’s interview on Seattle radio, where he brings up Rocky Top un-prompted, and the announcers discuss how he asked them not to ask him about the rumors (click the Spoiler button):
[twitterv]931213488680263680[/twitterv]
Below is the comprehensive list of all Official Jon Gruden Threads (click the Spoiler button):
  • [thread=170135]Jon Gruden thread (merged)[/thread]
  • [thread=174150]Official Jon Gruden Thread II (merged)[/thread]
  • [thread=175559]Official Jon Gruden Thread III[/thread]
  • [thread=176242]Official Jon Gruden Thread IV[/thread]
  • [thread=176862]Official Jon Gruden Thread V[/thread]
  • [thread=177953]Official Jon Gruden Thread VI[/thread]
  • [thread=179002]Official Jon Gruden Thread VII[/thread]
  • [thread=179427]Official Jon Gruden Thread VIII[/thread]
  • [thread=180280]Official Jon Gruden Thread IX[/thread]
  • [thread=180682]Official Jon Gruden Thread X[/thread]
  • [thread=181172]Official Jon Gruden Thread XI[/thread]
  • [thread=181587]Official Jon Gruden Thread XII[/thread]
  • [thread=181912]Official Jon Gruden Thread XIII[/thread]
  • [thread=182223]Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV[/thread]
  • [thread=182757]Official Jon Gruden Thread XV[/thread]
  • [thread=183227]Official Jon Gruden Thread XVI[/thread]
  • [thread=280101]Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII[/thread]
  • [thread=280784]Official Jon Gruden Thread XVIII[/thread]
  • [thread=281025]Official Jon Gruden Thread XIX[/thread]
  • [thread=281136]Official Jon Gruden Thread XX[/thread]
  • [thread=281426]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXI[/thread]
  • [thread=281622]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXII[/thread]
  • [thread=281796]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXIII[/thread]
  • [thread=281970]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXIV[/thread]
  • [thread=282227]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXV[/thread]
  • [thread=282380]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXVI[/thread]
  • [thread=282491]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXVII[/thread]
  • [thread=282592]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXVIII[/thread]
  • [thread=282761]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXIX[/thread]
  • [thread=282916]Official Jon Gruden Thread 30[/thread]
  • [thread=283019]Official Jon Gruden Thread 31[/thread]
  • [thread=283120]Official Jon Gruden thread 32.[/thread]
  • [thread=283330]Official Jon Gruden Thread 33[/thread]
  • [thread=283486]Official Jon Gruden Thread 34[/thread]
  • [thread=283575]Official Jon Gruden Thread 35[/thread]
  • [thread=283660]Official Jon Gruden Thread 36[/thread]
  • [thread=283720]Official Jon Gruden Thread 37[/thread]
  • [thread=283820]Official Gruden Thread 38[/thread]
  • [thread=283948]Official Gruden Thread 39[/thread]
  • [thread=284082]Official Jon Gruden thread XL[/thread]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • [post=14325744]preacherwebb's GIF Posting Guide[/post]. Come in here with negativity and he'll put you on his LIST.
  • [post=14448286]How to change your settings to 50 posts per page[/post]
  • [post=14437150]How to multi-quote[/post]
  • [post=14381180]How to link Twitter posts on VN[/post]
  • Other VN BB Code Details
  • Need a summary of the latest goings on? Grand Vol summarizes it all for you every morning, midday, and evening. Check Here to find the latest iteration of "The Grude News".
-------------------------------------------------
  • THIS IS THE JON GRUDEN THREAD. Not The Dan Mullen Thread, or the Scott Frost Thread, or the Chip Kelly Thread. Get it?
  • NO POLITICS.Doesn't matter if you voted for Trump, Hillary, Peyton, or Rupert.
  • NO TROLLING. Quit playin’ games with our heart.
  • Everybody be nice, or Freak will boot your butt. Just ask Grude_Awakening. Pecker. Need an example of what's allowed and not allowed? [post=14635331]Freak has you covered[/post].
  • Most Vol Nugs are crap. Please refrain from posting and quoting them.
  • Our AD is John Currie, not Curry like chicken curry, and not Jon.
  • It's Jon Gruden, not John.
  • It’s Haslam, not Haslem.
  • It’s Charlie Ergen, not Ergin.
-------------------------------------------------
  • Plane tracking is encouraged.
  • Off-topic discussion is acceptable.
  • Please keep everything as PG as possible! Standard VN rule there.
  • Remember when this is all done, Gruden or no Gruden, these threads have made some fond memories for all of us. Let’s make it memorable!

That’s a ton of work and thanks....what do you think of adding the post below as the Grudenite mantra?

VFLnSFD
I do think we are constitutionally different from the others. I believe that we are the ones who remember that we are one of the most storied programs in college football. We remember a time when there was swagger involved with being a Tennessee fan. We remember a time when, if we were down by 4 and Peyton got the ball back on his own 20 with a minute twenty seconds left, you had full confidence he could drive it those 80 yards. We are the ones who believe that a coach of the highest caliber, the single most sought after coach of our time not only would come here, but that the University of Tennessee would be the job he'd pick and want over every other single job on the planet. We are the ones who continue to believe in the strength of our history to propel us forward.

Reactions: 3 people
Not sure why you are getting ****. You have been pretty respectful in here and I think that is all anyone really wants.
i'm good. and if didn't think i could be respectful, i wouldn't have posted in these threads, i know the point of them.

i was asked question, i answered it, and got blindsided with a response by other posts of mine from other threads with another set of questions about those.

just responding in kind. i have no issue with anyone...including jp:thumbsup:

oh, and great win for the guys today....

Reactions: 1 person
I have a theory...

What if we're seeing the culmination of events that were supposed to have taken place two years ago?

Now, if only a sharp lady would check her email...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back