Official Jon Gruden thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the guys are talking about golf and Gruden at the same time. I'm sitting here hitting refresh like a mad woman while I watch Fifty Shades Darker. Talk about polar opposites. I just think it's funny. But we can all come together on our love for the Vols.

Lol! I had such high hopes for the 50 shades series. The actress is fine, but the guy? Supremely disappointed they picked him. I like the movies but they could have been so much better.

Camelot...wow. Learned to play on that course. Lost more balls in the fairway in that straightaway 600 yard Par 5 than I care to remember...all because they always left the cut waaaaay too long.

They sure did. That is the only golf course I ever had to keep checking for ticks lol. But I loved playing there.

Reactions: 1 person
I beat my hubby every time we play mini golf..every time it’s mentioned in a conversation he says “you’ll probably beat me next time”..I say to him that its not guaranteed..lol..:crazy:

BTW, I noticed that you are currently stationed in Tacoma, WA which is where my dad was years and years ago..Went up to visit him a couple of times..He made it up to Master Sargeant status..Served 20 yrs in the Air Force..Thank you for your service!!:hi:

SOON

Thank you.....I love it up here.....might stay.

Reactions: 2 people
IMO, that's really big. BabyVol got burned big time in 2012 and was hurt when so many people turned on him when the Gruden deal was killed by Hart. He brought 100% spot on info, but when it didn't happen, a bunch of idiots blamed him for their disappointment. It takes a lot of courage for him to come back and lay it on the line again. I don't think he's ever brought any info that was not spot on.

I also was here in 2012. Felt bad for him..

Al Wilson, just because he was everything a young me thought a football player should be.

Also Chad Clifton. Wore 67 in high school after him, and also had one of my middle school teachers/packers fan falsely convinced that he was my uncle.

Atlanta, have you ever played The River Club in Atlanta? I had a chance to play it when I was at The Masters this year. I know the owner. Didn't get to play it during the trip this year but I'm gonna get back over there.

Never played it but the biggest bass of my life was caught from the island green on 17.. or is it 18?

I'll never forget when he went down at the Bama game. Daryl Dickey was the unsung hero of the 85 Vols.

Yes, the 85 Sugar Vols is my favorite team. Hands down. Prefer them over the 98 team. Just a great season.

The Queen of East Ridge. As for '85 team one of my favs also. Graduated and was gone Missed like 4 seasons. Imagine 4 seasons without Tennessee football. 1985 was my first season back. Never have had season tix but made about every home game that year.Never forget them carrying SEC logo after winning the SEC. It had been so long never imagined we would have a longer drought but here we are.

Last edited:
Nothing was holding that day for me. I’ve played a lot of links golf and even with that experience, I couldn’t bump and run from anywhere and get it closer than 10 ft. Was about 95 that day too.

That’s awesome! Keep it fun for him! I was pushed pretty hard and it got in my head at an early age. It became a chore and wasn’t fun. You keep him relaxed and fun and he’ll go far.
He started hauling clubs before he could walk. Was diagnosed with Leukemia at 3.5 years old. Took chemo everyday for 3.5 years. Played in the US Kids World Championships as a 12 year old. Won every Sneds Tour Event he played in this last year. Missed out on TofC because he wanted to play at Sewanee and Sweetens Cove. Shot 39 and 37 and missed out on a chance to play a par 34 golf course that would have punched his ticket. He still cannot play 'contact" sports due to some effects of chemo. Great kid. Don't push him at all. I promised my wife after he was born that he could do whatever he wanted to do and I would support to the best of my ability. So far....so good.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back