Official Jon Gruden thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up. Wow.

But to answer the most pressing question...

Jeff Hall

Without his foot that September evening in 98, the rest of that season is impossible.

Also Bob and Tom Johnson. For sentimental reasons.

I have a funny Jeff Hall story. Around 2003 I was working for a company that was just beginning to offer 401k to its employees. We all had to attend meetings by the investment company. I walked in and recognized him immediately. Jeff Hall was the one running the meeting.

Reactions: 2 people
Ill be happy to host the VN golf outing somewhere...as long as we make it for a good cause.

Hell no on Cherokee....golf course sux.

Holston Hills is the crown jewel of ktown golf wise.

I’m in. Haven’t been playing very long. But I love to play. Never realized how fun the game of golf is.

MY favorite and not because of the rumors, was Dale Jones .Orange Blood just oozed out of him! Had tears in his eyes in an interview after beating Bama. Dale Jones has the passion many of us do on here IF we could play.

Reactions: 2 people
Another fun golf course is the one at Norris Lake in Tennessee! Not overly difficult and it would be easy to have a multi day event there!

That would be Woodlake. Yea it gets a little better every year. Has had a lot of money pumped into it the last few years.

Y’all having the golf discussion without me? Count me in for the annual VN charity golf classic. I vote Holston as the host.

Sounds like someone needs to start a thread... Lol... I vote for a 3 day event with blind draws. No one can bring there own team. Teams will be drawn so everyone has one great golfer, a good golfer, on ok golfer and a crappy golfer... Just an idea

Reactions: 3 people
Best bermuda greens in Chattanooga this summer....even better than the Honors. When we were out at the Honors....I couldn't believe the condition of 4 or 5 of the greens. Was shocked. Saw Mr. Stone walking around looking at a couple of them. The one I remember the most vividly was #8. My son had heard about the Honors....left after his practice round....and said the Council Fire had better greens. His last 27 holes in the City Junior at CF was +6. Black Creek has bent grass and that first big hop on bermuda....takes him a few holes to get accustomed to. He is about to graduate up to AP1 this Christmas. Got fit at Choo Choo and his coach got him all fixed up.

Nothing was holding that day for me. I’ve played a lot of links golf and even with that experience, I couldn’t bump and run from anywhere and get it closer than 10 ft. Was about 95 that day too.

That’s awesome! Keep it fun for him! I was pushed pretty hard and it got in my head at an early age. It became a chore and wasn’t fun. You keep him relaxed and fun and he’ll go far.

Btw Doug will do. Dougie not so much. 😀

Will do Doug. No reason to be skeptical as everything I said is true. The reciprocal with CCC during the renovation allowed me to play the finer courses around town.

And the Honors deal ironically was truthful wearing a TN tee shirt. Bear was the caddie master and he still owes me $25 for the return of my overalls.

Reactions: 1 person
can't believe no one has said Noonan. He almost broke a centers neck on a false start once. Back in the day before all the rule changes. I saw him the first week i was at UT and he was all of 5'9". Maybe.

I’ll write you a check. Sounds real.

There's contribution info on the website. Team Focus USA

We were getting government grants that were eliminated with the previous administration, so we need financial support. Nick Saban speaks at a banquet in Mobile every year where we raise about ¼ of our annual budget. If we had the money, we could expand to more cities.

My affiliation with Team Focus has changed my life. I know of no other charity that has impacted so many lives with so little resources. Proud to be a director and a mentor. My son is also deeply involved, starting a mentoring program with local community leaders and founding the Fairhope, AL chapter.

As you can see, I'm pretty passionate about Team Focus. Working with a guy like Mike Gottfried is an incredible honor.

Reactions: 1 person
I have a funny Jeff Hall story. Around 2003 I was working for a company that was just beginning to offer 401k to its employees. We all had to attend meetings by the investment company. I walked in and recognized him immediately. Jeff Hall was the one running the meeting.

Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back