Official Jon Gruden Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I was told the 30th. That is the date I was told a couple of weeks ago. I really don't care what date it's announced, just that it is.

Reactions: 5 people
I disagree... An announcement today, although would be a splash, would be old news on Saturday. Not saying it is what's happening, but you will have a lot of viewers Saturday, if it is fresh news it will be discussed in front of a huge audience, great for recruiting.

Gruden would not be old news by Saturday. Gruden will not be old news by New Years. It's a huge boulder splash which will ripple for a while.

Reactions: 3 people
I think if the timing of the announcement has anything at all to do with media coverage, that's a fair point to consider.

If we were announcing a fairly big time hire, we would want to announce far away from any sort of event like the SECCG, because we would want to get coverage, not compete with the big game.

If we were announcing a jaw dropping hire (Gruden), we would want to announce right before the SECCG to take media coverage away from the rest of the SEC.

Of course, the timing could have nothing to do with that, or the rumor could be altogether false.
disagree. media is going to be focusing largely on this game. would be nice having the orange T all over tv at the same time.

FYI

Barrett Sallee‏@BarrettSallee

RT @KySportsRadio: OFFICIAL: KSR can confirm Mark Stoops will be named Kentucky football coach this afternoon

The thing, guys who will be calling the SEC game are going to have some discipline, just like the team did last night on MNF. If JG is hired its going to get a mention in the SECCG but its not going to be the overriding story. That's just the way it is.

Reactions: 2 people
The Gruden train is heading for the cliff that is Friday. Will we fall to our death or rise as an SEC Phoenix to glory?

Too bad CBS is doing the championship. If it was ABC/ESPN I could see Gruden on the halftime or pre game shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back