Official Jon Gruden Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
79402108.png

tumblr_maff5kM7Ww1rss9sh.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Gruden 100-85 He coached 11 seasons. Take away the Super Bowl year. He has an 85-81 record in the other 10 years.

So all of you Gruden lovers. Would you be satisfied with this type record?

Let's equate it to college. Fire Dooley now and Gruden wins the National Championship in his first year with Dooley's team.

Then over the next 6 years. He has two losing seasons and wins the East Division twice but loses in the SEC championship game both times.

Would you be happy?

Chuck Knoll 209-156-1 He coached 23 seasons. Take away the four Super Bowl years. He has an 161-145-1 record in the other 19 years.

Thats a winning percentage of .524429967 only slightly better than Grudens winning percentage of .512048193...

Would you be happy?

See, I can do this to...

Reactions: 1 person
These Gruden threads are clearly the best in the history of VN. We've had bold predictions, name-calling, stalking, orange boners, red ducks, photoshops, gifs, religious evangelism, title searches, upside down boobies, electioneering, jeering, sneering...and wall to wall Gruden! This has been the most fun I've had lurking on any forum, ever. Thanks to everyone who is making it all happen! Keep up the entertainment, GBO, and GET GRUDEN!

I agree. I hope UT waits until after the UK game to fire Dooley just to keep this fire going...

Not what I was told....but you may be right. I thought Tressel was already gone. That is how it was explained to me.

As far as the announcement, my post may have been confusing, if so I'm sorry. They don't want an interim coach, and that has nothing to do with the timing. I understand the timing has more to do with keeping the "search" off the grid to the media. With Dooley in place they simply don't have to talk about it.

They only possibility of an interim would come if we made a bowl game, and that would be after the Gruden announcement.

Since this technically a "state" job doesn’t it have to posted publicly for a certain amount of time? I remember something about this during the baseball HC search and our posting requiring a college degree.

Since this technically a "state" job doesn’t it have to posted publicly for a certain amount of time? I remember something about this during the baseball HC search and our posting requiring a college degree.

Gruden is all vol, ya groober.

Yes, but usually the job is posted only after a candidate has been identified.

Nothing new. Lots of rumors, but nothing concrete. Hart is quiet with things. He's visiting with Dooley. He's fighting with Cheek over things.

Cheek won't be involved in any decisions on a coach in my opinion.

-Hubbs

Fighting with Cheek corroborates what was said here. Hubbs knows. I'd think soon he is going to spill some news.

SIAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back