Official Jon Gruden Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got through reading back a few pages and seeing the dialog of OrangeCrush and RagingOrange. They share the orange blood but more importantly are brothers that worked through communication issues because each realized that they are committed to the same person of Christ. Christ came to redeem and unify us for the Father. In unity we are strong and can accomplish great things. In disunity we are a house divided, which fails to accomplish our mission.

So here we sit as a house divided as the Volnation. This has been going on for quite awhile. A unifier has been competing for championships. Yet, those have been few and far between of late and never a consistent season by season journey. Majors vs. Fulmer. Fulmer vs. Hamilton. Kiffin vs. Fumerites. Dooley vs. well, about everything now. Many posters say all we need to do is win and all will be well again. I beg to differ. If history is the best predictor of future behavior we already know that winning only lasts for a short period when it is the most important thing.

To have a consistent, long term winning program requires worthy goals. Then you have to hire the best leadership that can be found to build the program right from the bottom up. Be honest, CDD was not who you had in mind after the Fulmer decline and termination was he? Very few were Kiffinites for very long were they? All you had to do was look at his past history to know it would not end well in both cases. Lots of people have great ideas, very few actually are capable of implementing them.

At this point in time in UT's history there has to be a hiring of the best to build the program correctly on a solid foundation if the goals established by UT and its fan base is to be the best. That is why I am a Grudenite. Could another coach get it done? Possibly. Will support whoever as long as they are a top performer prior to being hired. But none fit the orange blooded craving better than Jon Gruden IMO. With him at the helm every doubt is removed about coaching.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Well, yea, I was probably loose with saying "nothing to do with money." I just know that I can access the assessor and register sites quickly and don't get charged with anything on the site. Now, I am not a real estate attorney and don't need it very often. I assumed the state let the populated counties have their own because of the higher number of properties and thus, data, associated with that county. You are right though, a discussion for a different day.

Wow, a reasonable and rational response. I expected to get blasted or have some sort of crazy gif posted in response. Much respect, sir...

That caller to TB's show was Big Will who has given out info before that was accurate. He was the first person to say Cam Clear was a problem. Basilio confirmed what he said and was crucified by some for it.

Big Will also says that Gruden is coming to Knoxville. Dooley is gone after Kentucky. TIFWIW

Reactions: 2 people
Big Will also says that Gruden is coming to Knoxville. Dooley is gone after Kentucky. TIFWIW

Don't know if he knows anything about Gruden or not (I HOPE HE DOES) but he sure knows people in that program because he has said things that are confirmed by the media at later dates.

Just got through reading back a few pages and seeing the dialog of OrangeCrush and RagingOrange. They share the orange blood but more importantly are brothers that worked through communication issues because each realized that they are committed to the same person of Christ. Christ came to redeem and unify us for the Father. In unity we are strong and can accomplish great things. In disunity we are a house divided, which fails to accomplish our mission.

So here we sit as a house divided as the Volnation. This has been going on for quite awhile. A unifier has been competing for championships. Yet, those have been few and far between of late and never a consistent season by season journey. Majors vs. Fulmer. Fulmer vs. Hamilton. Kiffin vs. Fumerites. Dooley vs. well, about everything now. Many posters say all we need to do is win and all will be well again. I beg to differ. If history is the best predictor of future behavior we already know that winning only lasts for a short period when it is the most important thing.

To have a consistent, long term winning program requires worthy goals. Then you have to hire the best leadership that can be found to build the program right from the bottom up. Be honest, CDD was not who you had in mind after the Fulmer decline and termination was he? Very few were Kiffinites for very long were they? All you had to do was look at his past history to know it would not end well in both cases. Lots of people have great ideas, very few actually are capable of implementing them.

At this point in time in UT's history there has to be a hiring of the best to build the program correctly on a solid foundation if the goals established by UT and its fan base is to be the best. That is why I am a Grudenite. Could another coach get it done? Possibly. Will support whoever as long as they are a top performer prior to being hired. But none fit the orange blooded craving better than Jon Gruden IMO. With him at the helm every doubt is removed about coaching.

I agree with everything. And BTW, nice job tying Gruden in to make it relevant to the thread :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Derrick Brooks sounds amazing at LB coach position...Does anyone think Sal will be retained but at a lesser roll? I know he has a ton of recruiting ties.

These Gruden threads are clearly the best in the history of VN. We've had bold predictions, name-calling, stalking, orange boners, red ducks, photoshops, gifs, religious evangelism, title searches, upside down boobies, electioneering, jeering, sneering...and wall to wall Gruden! This has been the most fun I've had lurking on any forum, ever. Thanks to everyone who is making it all happen! Keep up the entertainment, GBO, and GET GRUDEN!

Reactions: 3 people
I have just been asking would you Gruden lovers accept his career if that's what he does at Tennessee.

He started with two .500 records. If he replaces Dooley how many years you going to give him?

If he has two .500 seasons at Tennessee you going to keep him?

His NFL coaching record is good, but not great.

In 11 seasons he has 3 losing years, 2 .500 years,

He has 1 Super Bowl Championship
4 other playoff teams. 2 of which lost in the first round.

My point is if you take out the 1 Super Bowl year, he has a so so record as a head coach.

So what basis do you have such confidence that this guy is a "homerun" hire. I don't see it. Spurrier and Saban were in my opinion.

First of all, why are you in a UT message forum, other than to stir up crap? I have never and will never visit a Bama site. No reason to. Second, no one, even Spurrier and Saban are sure things. They are doing very well at their current schools and will probably continue to be successful. IF Gruden is hired by UT, he may come in and struggle at first, but he will bring excitement to our fan base just like Saban did at Alabama and Spurrier did at SC. I know you enjoy watching other teams fans suffer in misery. If i was a betting man, I would say you have two windows open on your computer. One harassing Vol fans and one harassing Auburn fans. Now please exit stage right and allow us to enjoy our day.

These Gruden threads are clearly the best in the history of VN. We've had bold predictions, name-calling, stalking, orange boners, red ducks, photoshops, gifs, religious evangelism, title searches, upside down boobies, electioneering, jeering, sneering...and wall to wall Gruden! This has been the most fun I've had lurking on any forum, ever. Thanks to everyone who is making it all happen! Keep up the entertainment, GBO, and GET GRUDEN!

But we all badly want and need an exorcism followed by a resurrection!

Reactions: 1 person

Indeed. I just wonder which would make Freak happier, 50 gazillion hits on VN or Gruden coaching the Vols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back