Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys it’s been a fun time. I wanted Gruden, but I’m gonna go against the concensus in here and give Pruitt a shot. I just wanna see what staff he pulls together and go from there. We know he can coach a D and recruit, just sucks he’s a Bama man.

Reactions: 2 people
Yup. You got me. I’m a troll. Dang. Blew my cover. What will I ever do now.

I’ll tell you what I will do. Continue to be around the program, and watch my Vols. But, I won’t donate anymore of personal money.

I have appreciated all the info you brought and I really don’t care what anyone else thinks. I still don’t think this is over......

I just enjoy Tennessee football. Just because we may not hire who we all wanted our players deserve our support and our coaches deserve a chance. You never know how people will respond until you give them a chance.

Don't we have a decade of evidence how mid range hires respond?

Reactions: 1 person
I like you SHOWOFF - one of my favorites. Thanks for bringing us the info. Maybe you'll get some insight to what happened and share it with us

Thanks man! Appreciate I‎t. We all want the Vols succeed, I just don’t know how this fits the orange blood and come together theme.

Reactions: 8 people
Simonton on VQ

"If deal goes through as most expect...

With Pruitt at Tennessee, expect…
* A defined vision, plan
* A revamped S&C program
* A staff with lots of SEC ties
* An added emphasis on support personnel
* More physical practices
* Relentless effort on the recruiter trail"

Reactions: 4 people
Please remember UT football is never all about the head coach. This isn't a Gruden or Petersen hire, but even if it had been, this is about more than one name. It wasn't Butch's program, it wasn't Dooley's, and it sure as hell wasn't Kiffin's. This madhouse is ours, the players, the lifelong fans, and the ones coming up.

I have no doubt he will perform better than Dooley or Butch did. Hopefully we can wash that bama stink off of him, teach him the words to Rocky Top, give him the staff required to win, don him in Orange and whoop some asses this season.

So in the end , Fulmer was no better than Currie and Haslam gets the last FU to the fans ?

Like I have said this University is not committed to winning anymore. Hire cheap and keep the seats full and make money.

Well if it don't work and don't show signs of life quick, the fans will flock away quick this time. As loyal as Tennessee fans are, this hire will make the University work to get them back. I would say if things go that way the renovation project will make the Gruden thread look like a new York minute.:rock:

The deal is done. The negative postings and reactions are unfounded given our situation. So tired of the nega Vols. So yeah, either support the team or don’t. Simple.

Is that why you are here instead of starting your own "Yay Pruitt" thread? Seriously, you can copy and paste that if it suites you.

Folks are disappointed for a variety reasons in here. You came in here. We didn't come into your yet to be manifested "Yay Pruitt" thread and start complaining. So if the general mood here really bugs you simply go away. It's easy.

Wow bunch of whiny school girls in here. Yeah it’s not Gruden, but it was almost,Greg freaking Schiano. If Bama is actually pissed he’s leaving - that should tell you all you need to know to give this hire a chance.

It never should have been Shiano either...

Leach, Brohm, Kiffin, Fisher, Kelly, Mullins, Peterson, Patterson.....

All there when we started

Reactions: 3 people
The deal is done. The negative postings and reactions are unfounded given our situation. So tired of the nega Vols. So yeah, either support the team or don’t. Simple.

Leave the thread, you come in here knowing that we don't want pruitt, yet you stay and keep posting. So yeah, either support for a real hire or don't. Simple.

I hate to be a sore loser but Gruden will receive a boooo from me every time I see his face or hear his name from this day forward.

Reactions: 7 people
You need to move over to the appropriate thread and quit being a little b****. Enough. I’ve fired a warning shot. Next time I aim.

This thread doesn’t signify anything anymore. Fire away. Gruden will not be our next head coach. It can’t get any more clear. So everyone that wants to throw a fit, trash Fulmer, and boycott the Vols can GTFO.

It’s easy to recruit at Alabama. I’ll reserve my opinion of his coaching for later. I just don’t see this as an orange blooded home run hire.

It’s a college football big time hire.

Look at his history.. it’s not just bama. It’s at FSU, and UGA.

He will give us what we want on the recruiting trail and in the weight room. I’m confident he’s better the Jones on game day... so I think he has great potential.

No, he’s not Chris Petersen... but he will succeed

200.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back