Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gawd. You guys are seriously bailing on UT because it's not Gruden...or some retread like Les Miles? Because he's from Bama. Wow. Good riddance.

Are you really dense enough to think this was because we didn't hire Gruden?

Would any of our peers hired Pruitt? Did the ones that had openings try to hire Pruitt? Why do you think that is?

Reactions: 2 people
Epic fun posting with all of you in the Gruden threads! Cheers to all who had higher aspirations for UT and our VOLS!

We covered it all didn't we? Best threads on VN bar none. I imagine people will be scattered to the four winds when these threads end, but I thoroughly enjoyed almost every one of you :D

GBO! Doyle...that party needs to happen no matter what. I don't give a rat's ass about the "black tie" party, but yours has to be a go at some point.

Ditto. The ride was fun. Hopefully after the flames die down I’ll see many of you elsewhere. Now, it’s off for a good nights sleep in a long long while.

See some of you in the morn.

My gawd. You guys are seriously bailing on UT because it's not Gruden...or some retread like Les Miles? Because he's from Bama. Wow. Good riddance.

Haven't bailed yet. But I'll assume they are because, we didn't go hire a head coach while every other competitor did. We went the cheap up and comer route again. You see how that worked out? You want to win, you do what it takes to get somebody proven. Brohm is a better hire then pruitt. Miles proven. Nope we get "here have another $hit sammich."

Ladies and Gents... I enjoyed the ride while it lasted. Wasn’t the ending we all wanted but time to get behind Pruitt and win some championships.

Sugaray13 is one of the few with some common sense here! I know things are emotional, but chill out. Let this thing ride for a while and see what happens! Let’s WIN

Reactions: 1 person
by the way, what happened to miles/tee/steele or chavis?

Allotta sad Preach. Allotta sad.

I will say my favorite thing from these threads is watching a preacher learn to gif.

I have the voice of the little girl in Miracle on 47th St. when I say, "Teacher says every time a preacher gifs, an angel gets its wings."

Good news is my husband gets me back.

Bad news is I'm in a bad mood.

Nah, really, I've enjoyed being in here with you crazies.

See ya around! :)

Reactions: 4 people
Pruitt is one of the best recruiters in college football. Everything he’s worked on has been exceptionally successful.

Best hire ever? No.

But based on the circumstances, this is pullin a rabbit out of a hat.

Very good hire. Pruitt will do well here.

Reactions: 11 people
So we overthrow one AD to appoint an AD who still listened to Peyton, Haslam, and Sexton.

When Fulmer has his presser, he gives coach speak about coming together so we would just buy into this bs. Talk about interviewing anyone and everyone but only interview 3 SEC dc’s and call Tee. That is horse crap. It’s laziness.

We still hired a guy that Sexton represents. That means Haslam is still involved and Peyton signed off on. So really, nothing changed at all.

We have a guy that has not been able to get enough of running the Browns into the ground, that he now has to run Tennessee into the ground.

Way. To. Go.
So. Fired. Up.

You nailed it!

:loco:

Classic. Lmao

I'm really just kidding. I'm not excited about having a full-blooded Bammer as a head coach, but I'd be lying to myself if I said I won't watch any games next year.

I may be largely checked-out like I was after losing to FL this year, but come Game #1...I'll be excited...I just won't show it to any of my friends or family. Lol

Pruitt will have to prove himself to me. Starts with who he hires for his staff.

So we overthrow one AD to appoint an AD who still listened to Peyton, Haslam, and Sexton.

When Fulmer has his presser, he gives coach speak about coming together so we would just buy into this bs. Talk about interviewing anyone and everyone but only interview 3 SEC dc’s and call Tee. That is horse crap. It’s laziness.

We still hired a guy that Sexton represents. That means Haslam is still involved and Peyton signed off on. So really, nothing changed at all.

We have a guy that has not been able to get enough of running the Browns into the ground, that he now has to run Tennessee into the ground.

Way. To. Go.
So. Fired. Up.

I feel the exact same way. The definition of insanity is repeating the same actions over and over and expecting a different result

2 time national recruiter of the year at different schools.

Credited by GA as saving their recruiting class and “one of the brightest defensive minds in the game.”

Many Bama fans want him to replace to Saban.

This deservedly will be the narrative from the media with this hire. Well done Fulmer!!

Attachments

• D765FEFC-A8F1-401F-8C7A-03926E707D2E.jpg
    D765FEFC-A8F1-401F-8C7A-03926E707D2E.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 11
Pruitt is one of the best recruiters in college football. Everything he’s worked on has been exceptionally successful.

Best hire ever? No.

But based on the circumstances, this is pullin a rabbit out of a hat.

Very good hire. Pruitt will do well here.

It’s easy to recruit at Alabama. I’ll reserve my opinion of his coaching for later. I just don’t see this as an orange blooded home run hire.

SHOWOFF.

He tried to get in one last troll job before Pruitt was announced. Unless he was the gullible one and was just sharing something he heard.

Yup. You got me. I’m a troll. Dang. Blew my cover. What will I ever do now.

I’ll tell you what I will do. Continue to be around the program, and watch my Vols. But, I won’t donate anymore of personal money.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back