Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow bunch of whiny school girls in here. Yeah it’s not Gruden, but it was almost,Greg freaking Schiano. If Bama is actually pissed he’s leaving - that should tell you all you need to know to give this hire a chance.

You sound as bad as the media. Yes, we would love Gruden, but can we still not be disappointed because are about the last school to hire someone and that someone is a coordinator that is all about Bama his whole life? A coordinator that was turned down by Miss St. This is Tennessee, with big boosters and huge fan support. You don't hire mediocre for the 3rd time in a row. Yet we can't be upset with it? You sound like the talking heads in the media....

I’d love them.

Well Prez, for those babies, they are at least a 2500.00 donation a ticket and depending on where in the section could be 5,000.00. So when he says he’s giving those up, it means thousands. But if you’re ready to step up, then I might have some in Section C for you too.

Reactions: 2 people
My gawd. You guys are seriously bailing on UT because it's not Gruden...or some retread like Les Miles? Because he's from Bama. Wow. Good riddance.

This. Hopefully most of it is just shock, and venting frustrations. But if you’re truly done, LET the door hit you on the way out, please.

Reactions: 3 people
My gawd. You guys are seriously bailing on UT because it's not Gruden...or some retread like Les Miles? Because he's from Bama. Wow. Good riddance.

Retread?..first off come at us corrected and educated dumbass second a coordinator over a coach that's begged for the job and has a national title ring on his finger yea bro go **** yourself

Ladies and Gents... I enjoyed the ride while it lasted. Wasn’t the ending we all wanted but time to get behind Pruitt and win some championships.

I think coaches must see us as a freaking game show.

Who wants to be a millionaire?

Reactions: 1 person
This search was an abject failure. I really thought we were finally going to hire a proven coach but all we got was more of the sos. That being said I will give the guy a chance because I am Vol to the grave. There is no other team for me.

Reactions: 2 people
So we overthrow one AD to appoint an AD who still listened to Peyton, Haslam, and Sexton.

When Fulmer has his presser, he gives coach speak about coming together so we would just buy into this bs. Talk about interviewing anyone and everyone but only interview 3 SEC dc’s and call Tee. That is horse crap. It’s laziness.

We still hired a guy that Sexton represents. That means Haslam is still involved and Peyton signed off on. So really, nothing changed at all.

We have a guy that has not been able to get enough of running the Browns into the ground, that he now has to run Tennessee into the ground.

Way. To. Go.
So. Fired. Up.

Reactions: 4 people
Well Prez, for those babies, they are at least a 2500.00 donation a ticket and depending on where in the section could be 5,000.00. So when he says he’s giving those up, it means thousands. But if you’re ready to step up, then I might have some in Section C for you too.

Meh, I’d rather buy them from the school to support our team, not some fair weather fan who bolts on his school when he doesn’t get his way.

He’s a mediocre hire. How is this hard for you to comprehend? I will support the player that I know but even he understands how we are never going to go forward with the same old CRAP.

By going to a smaller school and being a head coach there. By all means let’s keep kissing hiss butt because he coaches at Bama. We tried this once and he sucked.

When has Peyton been a head coach? Why does it matter if Peyton gives his blessing? Isn’t he the same guy whose been holding court about not wanting tee at Tennessee? Tee doesn’t get Peyton’s blessing because tee won a title with players Peyton couldn’t. When has hiring anyone from Bama or the Saban tree worked for Tennessee? I’ll wait..

The ONLY I get out of rhis hire that I really wanted is a defensive guy as HC.

The only reason I responded to chatt's post was there seemed to be a fair amount of stupid in it, IMO.

I mentioned Peyton because he was involved in the search/interview, NOT because of any HC experience.

Also, the blanket statements that no one from Bama has/could ever work at Tennessee is just ****ing stupid.

I realize many are angry, I didn't get my guy, I get it. Just remember angry + message board is very close to drunk + message board and never seems to work out well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back