Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the end , Fulmer was no better than Currie and Haslam gets the last FU to the fans ?

Like I have said this University is not committed to winning anymore. Hire cheap and keep the seats full and make money.

Reactions: 2 people
Sugaray13 is one of the few with some common sense here! I know things are emotional, but chill out. Let this thing ride for a while and see what happens! Let’s WIN

I just enjoy Tennessee football. Just because we may not hire who we all wanted our players deserve our support and our coaches deserve a chance. You never know how people will respond until you give them a chance.

Reactions: 3 people
Look around. You are in the GRUDEn thread. Go post with all the good fans in Pruitt’s thread.

I’m as pissed as anyone that we didn’t land our guy. But reality is setting in and it is what it is! Our fan base has rallied during this process to get us to this point, and that’s a huge upgrade in and of itself. We all want the same thing and that is to see UT football back where it belongs, and that is at the top. So we can hang around and swim in our tears and throw our toys around the room OR we can rally like real Volunteers do and move forward! Whether some want to admit it or not, it’s time to move forward TOGETHER.

You sound as bad as the media. Yes, we would love Gruden, but can we still not be disappointed because are about the last school to hire someone and that someone is a coordinator that is all about Bama his whole life? A coordinator that was turned down by Miss St. This is Tennessee, with big boosters and huge fan support. You don't hire mediocre for the 3rd time in a row. Yet we can't be upset with it? You sound like the talking heads in the media....

You’ve read the wrong articles... Pruitt turned MSU down, not the other way around.

And you’ve had 2 weeks to prepare yourselves for disappointment. That should have occurred when Currie trotted our Schiano and caused a revolt.

Reactions: 1 person
2 time national recruiter of the year at different schools.

Credited by GA as saving their recruiting class and “one of the brightest defensive minds in the game.”

Many Bama fans want him to replace to Saban.

And that’s what he’ll do when given the chance. Kiffin 2.0

I loved my Vols. Dad and I could bond over that. Ive been on edge with this stupid search.

Right there with you Raging. Put more hope and time into this search than I should have trying to grasp what seems lost . . . the times when it was great to be a Tenneesee Vol and memories so cherished of a love one now gone. UT football means more to some of us than just a game.

I'm really just kidding. I'm not excited about having a full-blooded Bammer as a head coach, but I'd be lying to myself if I said I won't watch any games next year.

I may be largely checked-out like I was after losing to FL this year, but come Game #1...I'll be excited...I just won't show it to any of my friends or family. Lol

Pruitt will have to prove himself to me. Starts with who he hires for his staff.

No explanation necessary. I’m with you. Humor is still ok.

Yup. You got me. I’m a troll. Dang. Blew my cover. What will I ever do now.

I’ll tell you what I will do. Continue to be around the program, and watch my Vols. But, I won’t donate anymore of personal money.

I like you SHOWOFF - one of my favorites. Thanks for bringing us the info. Maybe you'll get some insight to what happened and share it with us

It’s easy to recruit at Alabama. I’ll reserve my opinion of his coaching for later. I just don’t see this as an orange blooded home run hire.

It's easy to recruit here too. The thing about Alabama is 4 stars go there and may never get real playing time. Since Pruit left from there I'm sure he can recruit against them pretty easily.

the dark days continue. Pruitt is a no win situation for us and i hope the people responsible are reminded they alone are the ones to blame.

Reactions: 5 people
I've been all Gruden this whole time...but I'm not anymore. He let this happen. Best of luck to him.

I'll back this coach. Hopefully he's more Kirby Smart/Dabo than Jim mcelwaine.

The ONLY I get out of rhis hire that I really wanted is a defensive guy as HC.

The only reason I responded to chatt's post was there seemed to be a fair amount of stupid in it, IMO.

I mentioned Peyton because he was involved in the search/interview, NOT because of any HC experience.

Also, the blanket statements that no one from Bama has/could ever work at Tennessee is just ****ing stupid.

I realize many are angry, I didn't get my guy, I get it. Just remember angry + message board is very close to drunk + message board and never seems to work out well..

So not wanting an unproven coach over any coach with experience is stupid. Wow I guess you lead a mediocre life.

Yup. You got me. I’m a troll. Dang. Blew my cover. What will I ever do now.

I’ll tell you what I will do. Continue to be around the program, and watch my Vols. But, I won’t donate anymore of personal money.

It's one or the other man. I wanted Gruden too, but when you come in here with that info this late in the game it smells fishy. I'm just shooting straight with you. Did you hear that info from a trust worthy source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back