Official Jon Gruden Thread 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I can vouche for all of volnation across the world, it's going to be A GREAT DAY to watch us play LSU & not have to see or hear any Butch Jones, I'm all smiles today ladies and gentlemen. & #Soon 😁

If not Gruden then for me in order:

1. Petersen
2. Patterson
3. Franklin
4. Gundy
5. Mullen
6. Pray we don't get to this point

I would probably rather have some on this list than Gruden but Jon can heal so many wounds here, and his upside is enormous.

1. Would love it
2. Would really like it
3. Can't support that. Dude is just shady and you'll never convince me he wasn't privy to that rape case at Vandy. Replace with Kelly
4. Would like that, though he has yet to take that next step
5. Hell...to...the...no...
6. Frost, but he's likely to get snatched up by Nebraska or UF
7. Norvell, but at $3.5M starting. Make him prove himself before we start throwing big money at him.

Reactions: 1 person
You must be a hit at parties. I’m sure you are probably okay with a coach like Norvell or Mike Bobo. It looks better if we roll the dice big and miss versus decades of hiring google coaches. The positive in the Gruden scenario is recruiting.

Do you realize Belicheck makes 7.5 million a year? You wanna pay Gruden 10? And no, I wouldn’t be happy with Bobo or Novell. Currie isn’t as dumb as you are.

So I believe the post that said Currie was not going to do or say anything until after the season to let the seniors have their time and to keep it about football while football is being played not about coaches. However, IF we lose today would the process be sped up? No bowl game to play for in the last game. I think the guys are going to come out and play inspired football in front of the home crowd and put a whoopin on them tigers tonight.

don't want.

Just imagine a TSIO game called by a called-out-of-retirement Lundquist.

"The Vols, led by Coach Jon Gruden and with all star quarterback Seth Guaranormandy and All American RB Carlin Kelly Fils take the field against Nick Saban and the Rolling Red Tide!"

Reactions: 1 person
Just imagine a TSIO game called by a called-out-of-retirement Lundquist.

"The Vols, led by Coach Jon Gruden and with all star quarterback Seth Guaranormady and All American RB Carlin Kelly Fils take the field against Nick Saban and the Rolling Red Tide!"

Mr. SFD likes to call him Quentin Tarantino. He also called Callaway Caldwell for the first 6 games. To be fair though you can't see his name on his jersey.

Do you realize Belicheck makes 7.5 million a year? You wanna pay Gruden 10? And no, I wouldn’t be happy with Bobo or Novell. Currie isn’t as dumb as you are.

Coaching salaries are dictated by demand. If demand dictates paying 10 mil, then pay him 10 mil. It’s not like our AD is hurting for money. Would you pay Saban 10 mil? Harbaugh? Kelly? Swinney?

You were told right, but his son is done with the treatments. As far as I know.

Yes, his son had cancer as a child, but is completely recovered and done with treatment. That's not a limitation anymore.

If we couldn't have Gruden, I would want Petersen/Patterson as 2a 2b. No question about it.

Reactions: 6 people
I can’t fathom those numbers.

$10M Gruden
$13M Staff

Someone please explain what it would take for the Athletic Dept. to get an acceptable ROI in 3 years on a $69 million coaching staff payout. (Can't make myself call it an investment.)

SEC Champs, Top Four, get to playoff, win the national title.

yada yada....Show me some numbers.

1. Would love it
2. Would really like it
3. Can't support that. Dude is just shady and you'll never convince me he wasn't privy to that rape case at Vandy. Replace with Kelly
4. Would like that, though he has yet to take that next step
5. Hell...to...the...no...
6. Frost, but he's likely to get snatched up by Nebraska or UF
7. Norvell, but at $3.5M starting. Make him prove himself before we start throwing big money at him.

I don't understand people's hate for Mullen. MSU is such a tough place to win and Mullen has done well there. He knows how to develop players, especially QBs. With our recruiting prowess and finances, he would do very well here.

I'm sure most Vol fans would be bending the knee today if Mullen had beaten Alabama last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back