Official Jon Gruden Thread 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing earth shattering here but for those giving credence to LWS, he seems to be changing his tune.....

“ThickStripe said: ↑
If A&M lands him and Florida gets Kelly, only Gruden will suffice for Tennessee fans.”

“agree..”
60 LWSVOL, 39 minutes ago

TAM lands who?

Finebaum would change his tune quicker than a teenage girl trying on prom dresses if Gruden came to Tennessee. He'd be our numero uno fan.

a lot of people would. i can think of 3 national media members that have already declared to show their new found fandom in rather public settings.:thumbsup:

If not Gruden then for me in order:

1. Petersen
2. Patterson
3. Franklin
4. Gundy
5. Mullen
6. Pray we don't get to this point

I would probably rather have some on this list than Gruden but Jon can heal so many wounds here, and his upside is enormous.

Reactions: 4 people
It was 13 million for staff.

That would be one of the highest paid staffs in the country!

:loco:

image.ashx

a lot of people would. i can think of 3 national media members that have already declared to show their new found fandom in rather public settings.:thumbsup:

Even Verne Lundquist would probably come out of his retirement to slobber over Gruden and profess his love for the Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
And the quiet period marches on.

For the folks who are hoping to hear something substantive about the coaching search today, fact is, all we're gonna get today is some football. Hoping the lads pull off a big surprise upset with Brady Hoke changing things up just enough, and lining talent up with opportunity on the field.

Okay, okay, you gotta have something? Then keep an eye out for John Currie before, during and just after the game...see if he's hanging out with anyone interesting. Same for Beverly Davenport, though sightings of her at football games are less common. I'm not saying there's anything to see, I'm no insider, just saying that's about the ONLY kind of hints we could possibly get out of today's game. No one's announcing anything.

Today's about football, not football coaching searches.

At the same time, we may continue to hear "news" from the media types who continue to catch whispers reflected off the kiddie pool walls. This morning, apparently had a rash of "back from the dead"-themed reactions...just more waves reflecting off the walls.

So have a great day of football watching, including our lads against the Swamp Tigers. Hoping for an early Christmas gift win.

Go Vols!

I’m actually excited about it just being football today. I think our coaches are excited to show what they can really do. Watch Larry Scott call a decent game... I think we’re too banged up to change a whole lot but I bet there’s more energy in that stadium than there’s been all year.

Reactions: 2 people
Do you guys even listen to yourselves?? If that’s true, you’re making a guy that hasn’t coached in 10 years (and proven nothing at the college level) the highest paid in the country. And nevermind the fact he was a good (not great) coach in the NFL. This is literally what would happen if they put one of you fools in charge of the AD. You roll the dice on something like that, and it doesn’t work out, then the program is the laughing stock of the entire country. Oh and what’s the buyout on a contract like that? If he’s not winning championships in year one with those numbers I know you guys will want him fired.

Do you not read the defeatism in your words?

We rolled the dice on an unproven and inconsistent coach because he interviewed well and promised to bring his all-world dad along to coordinate the defense.

We ran a risk with an unproven mid-major coach because he interviewed well and his last name sounded just like that of a guy who was a darn good coach in an armpit somewhere down in backwoods Georgia.

We took a chance with an untested coach who had teams built for him because the men in charge were in panic and down to the last man on their list.

None of these men achieved anything of any note at any point of their lives. None of them were connected to Tennessee in any respect. None of them understood or respected our traditions.

Now you say we are fools for wanting someone who has achieved the highest honors in his profession? We are fools for wanting someone who understands Tennessee? We are fools for wanting someone who gets our traditions and want to do his best to live up to them?

If that is what a fool makes, then give me the Pantone 151 dunce cap and I will wear it with honor.

Reactions: 13 people
Twitter is quiet this morning! I think I prefer that over Gruden never coming, and he'll be a horrible coach!

im not saying im a bLeaver, but his timeline on first the disinfo and then the 'would be a bad coach' scenario has played out near exact. And he layed out that time line a month ago... Soon?

Reactions: 6 people
And the quiet period marches on.

For the folks who are hoping to hear something substantive about the coaching search today, fact is, all we're gonna get today is some football. Hoping the lads pull off a big surprise upset with Brady Hoke changing things up just enough, and lining talent up with opportunity on the field.

Okay, okay, you gotta have something? Then keep an eye out for John Currie before, during and just after the game...see if he's hanging out with anyone interesting. Same for Beverly Davenport, though sightings of her at football games are less common. I'm not saying there's anything to see, I'm no insider, just saying that's about the ONLY kind of hints we could possibly get out of today's game. No one's announcing anything.

Today's about football, not football coaching searches.

At the same time, we may continue to hear "news" from the media types who continue to catch whispers reflected off the kiddie pool walls. This morning, apparently had a rash of "back from the dead"-themed reactions...just more waves reflecting off the walls.

So have a great day of football watching, including our lads against the Swamp Tigers. Hoping for an early Christmas gift win.

Go Vols!
:clapping::thumbsup:
regardless how one feels abuot the grumors, i do agree with this. i'm having the whole family over tonight, looking forward it. been a while since we've all gotten together for a game, and there not be a cloud hanging over it.

gonna be nice to just sit back, watch and root for a win, wiht no real strings attached, other than just the fun of it.

Reactions: 1 person
I’m actually excited about it just being football today. I think our coaches are excited to show what they can really do. Watch Larry Scott call a decent game... I think we’re too banged up to change a whole lot but I bet there’s more energy in that stadium than there’s been all year.

This is the most excited I've been about TN football since the FL game this year. I think the team is excited to play tonight too. I believe the Vols will pull off the upset. GBO

Do you guys even listen to yourselves?? If that’s true, you’re making a guy that hasn’t coached in 10 years (and proven nothing at the college level) the highest paid in the country. And nevermind the fact he was a good (not great) coach in the NFL. This is literally what would happen if they put one of you fools in charge of the AD. You roll the dice on something like that, and it doesn’t work out, then the program is the laughing stock of the entire country. Oh and what’s the buyout on a contract like that? If he’s not winning championships in year one with those numbers I know you guys will want him fired.

You must be a hit at parties. I’m sure you are probably okay with a coach like Norvell or Mike Bobo. It looks better if we roll the dice big and miss versus decades of hiring google coaches. The positive in the Gruden scenario is recruiting.

Do you not read the defeatism in your words?

We rolled the dice on an unproven and inconsistent coach because he interviewed well and promised to bring his all-world dad along to coordinate the defense.

We ran a risk with an unproven mid-major coach because he interviewed well and his last name sounded just like that of a guy who was a darn good coach in an armpit somewhere down in backwoods Georgia.

We took a chance with an untested coach who had teams built for him because the men in charge were in panic and down to the last man on their list.

None of these men achieved anything of any note at any point of their lives. None of them were connected to Tennessee in any respect. None of them understood or respected our traditions.

Now you say we are fools for wanting someone who has achieved the highest honors in his profession? We are fools for wanting someone who understands Tennessee? We are fools for wanting someone who gets our traditions and want to do his best to live up to them?

If that is what a fool makes, then give me the Pantone 151 dunce cap and I will wear it with honor.

Well put.

*Insert slow clap gif

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back