Official Jon Gruden Thread 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it was explained to me in one of the previous Gruden threads, Chris Petersen's son had a rare medical condition that can only be treated in a few locations nationwide. That's why U Dub was a good landing spot for him because they have a program specifically for that care.

Or so I was told.

You were told right, but his son is done with the treatments. As far as I know.

You know that Stokely bought Gatorade for peanuts, and made billions? Gatorade has given far more to UT than UF. So drink up knowing those $$ come home!

Its true... You do learn something new everyday. And knowledge is power.. Or so I'm told.

Ok..... so here is what I think about this. :)
1) There would be stability with retaining coaches because no school would offer asst. coaches that kind of money unless it's for HC jobs.
2) With that being said, I can't help but think how Saban ruined the SEC with his recruiting and coaching......... this kind of money would ruined college football all together because other schools would have to anty up also for good asst's in their future.
In short..... Saban ruined SEC and Tenn ruined coaching in CFB......... daddy likey! :)

Where you from in South Ga?

I think Patterson could be a Plan B option, too. I had heard from a friend that (he thought) Currie was in Dallas last week, and then someone else posted about hearing the same and said they thought he was our potential backup plan. Can't remember who that was...I'm getting all of my insiders confused at this point. Let's hope we don't need Plan B, though!
As far as a plan B goes I look at it as 1B instead

As it was explained to me in one of the previous Gruden threads, Chris Petersen's son had a rare medical condition that can only be treated in a few locations nationwide. That's why U Dub was a good landing spot for him because they have a program specifically for that care.

Or so I was told.

That’s true. Family friends son plays for Washington.

Do you guys even listen to yourselves?? If that’s true, you’re making a guy that hasn’t coached in 10 years (and proven nothing at the college level) the highest paid in the country. And nevermind the fact he was a good (not great) coach in the NFL. This is literally what would happen if they put one of you fools in charge of the AD. You roll the dice on something like that, and it doesn’t work out, then the program is the laughing stock of the entire country. Oh and what’s the buyout on a contract like that? If he’s not winning championships in year one with those numbers I know you guys will want him fired.

Anyone that thinks Gruden would do anything but kill it here is the fool. Especially with a 13 million dollar staff. Lmao.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah. What we've been doing has worked so well there's no reason to try something drastic. Most fans will give Gruden time to get his players and system in place, although I'm sure you'd be around at every stumble to ***** and moan. GTFO.

HB, i like you. you and i see eye to eye on most things.

but i find it humorous that you're calling out folks for pre-emptive b****ing/moaning about the possible new coach.....:eek:lol:

keep in mind, i do agree, w:thumbsup:e can't/aren't going to, do the same thing again with an underwhelming hire.

And the quiet period marches on.

For the folks who are hoping to hear something substantive about the coaching search today, fact is, all we're gonna get today is some football. Hoping the lads pull off a big surprise upset with Brady Hoke changing things up just enough, and lining talent up with opportunity on the field.

Okay, okay, you gotta have something? Then keep an eye out for John Currie before, during and just after the game...see if he's hanging out with anyone interesting. Same for Beverly Davenport, though sightings of her at football games are less common. I'm not saying there's anything to see, I'm no insider, just saying that's about the ONLY kind of hints we could possibly get out of today's game. No one's announcing anything.

Today's about football, not football coaching searches.

At the same time, we may continue to hear "news" from the media types who continue to catch whispers reflected off the kiddie pool walls. This morning, apparently had a rash of "back from the dead"-themed reactions...just more waves reflecting off the walls.

So have a great day of football watching, including our lads against the Swamp Tigers. Hoping for an early Christmas gift win.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
You know that Stokely bought Gatorade for peanuts, and made billions? Gatorade has given far more to UT than UF. So drink up knowing those $$ come home!

Originally produced and marketed by Stokely-Van Camp, the Gatorade brand was purchased by the Quaker Oats Company in 1987, which, in turn, was bought by PepsiCo in 2000. As of 2010, Gatorade is PepsiCo's 4th-largest brand

Stokely had it from 1969 to 1983

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back