Official Jon Gruden Thread 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, shut the football program down. Chain lock any and all doors pertaining to the football program.

Swain said he was still 50/50. But I stopped listening to him. He is as bad as people on here. He changes his mind with every tweet or post he reads. He knows nothing or knows all and is playing us.

This is the sort of post I've enjoyed reading during the Gruden sleight of hand game that has been taking place for weeks. How many straw men like this have already been set up weeks ago, "lawyers" certifying their authenticity and agreeing yes, this is exactly what has taken place, and rubes take another swallow of the swill produced??? Folks, per your Pied Pipers weeks ago MOUs signed, even contracts have said to have been signed, so which is it? Do you buy what your Pied Pipers piped or are you one of the ones setting up straw men and rationalizing why they apply to this very day? Soon? Rather LOON.

Still here?

Ok so riddle me this. Gruden goes on a Seattle radio station(an ESPN one) and requests for the coaching search not to be brought up. Instead of just staying away from it though he does the whole spill about rocky top be the best song yada yada. Unprompted bringing up of Tennessee. I just don’t get it if he hasn’t accepted the job pretty much. If this is a University, fan base, and team that he loves why would he do that? Especially with his son being here another full year! He will put his son through living hell after doing that if it was simply to troll our fan base! So why would he do that?? That’s my question for everyone here? Would you put your son through hell just to troll? Don’t say he can just transfer either, because I’ve transferred from college and it’s an annoying long process especially if you have only one year left. My answer is he is probably taking the job, because he wouldn’t do that if he hadn’t. Especially if he truly loves Tennessee. What say you Grudenites?

I agree 100%

Reactions: 1 person
I am going to repeat this for the third time...

Has Jon Gruden officially stated that he has no interest in the head coaching job at Tennessee?
If not, I see no reason for concern at this time.

But, but, but MULLEN!

1zj7mu.gif

Reactions: 9 people
Lee, you are your own little echo chamber.

I don't mean that in a bad sense, so am I and everyone else who interacts with people. We bring our interests with us, and those around us get connected to our interests to a degree, just as we become connected to theirs.

I know a whole lot more about equestrian sports, and stained glass crafting, and pokemon go, and a ton of other subjects than I care to, because of those around me. And that's just my immediate family.

What I'm getting at: the people you work with know a bit about Tennessee's coaching search because of you.

Try this experiment: walk out into the street outside your office (or go downtown if your office is not near a pedestrian area). Pick 10 random strangers in a row, and ask them to tell you what they know about the University of Tennessee's coaching search. Right there in Ohio.

My money says 7 of the 10 will give you a blank stare...will have no idea what you're talking about. Two others will say, "yeah, I saw you guys fired your coach; sorry, don't know anything more than that." And there is a chance (not certain, but a chance) that one person will be able to have a real conversation with you about it.

Try it; you'll see. Sports is HUGE to us, but we are a fanatical minority, to follow it this closely. 95% of Tennessee Volunteer fans don't do forums or twitter rumors or even watch SEC-N except on game day.

I absolutely cannot argue with anything you are saying. So I won’t. I disagreed with you, and now I don’t.

Reactions: 3 people
You are sensible! I can't understand everyone freaking out. I think he's coming. However, if we threw 10 million at him, and he said no, we gave all we could. Nothing to be ashamed of

I don’t know if sensible should be used to describe me, but I can’t stop now. Gotta see it through. I personally think No’s are being put out right now to reign in some of the madness. I think it’s done, but something is wrong on timing. I hope, I hope, I hope.

I guess he is still sucking a lemon.... I am not worried about Hyamns at all.

I have decided to hold my Grud-o-metor right where my source has his at 50% and disregard all the things posted here ... I know him face to face and have for years ... He has been right on every coaching search from Kiffin on so I will stay with him

This way I shouldn't be all over the board on my emotions

50%

Probably a wise decision.
I'm going at it from another direction.
I am going ahead and bumping mine up to 100%.
I'm going all in until there is rock solid reason to be all out.

Reactions: 7 people
I agree... until either Gruden or Currie says something I am still here

The longer this goes with no announcement on Gruden, I see three scenarios.

1. Gruden is very close to saying yes. Yes!
2. Currie and donors are trying very hard to change Gruden's mind. Good for them, but they really need to give a deadline very soon. The Grumors should be history before Thanksgiving or this turns toxic.
3. Gruden has either told UT "no", but Currie has no clue how this is impacting the fan base. We may be looking for a new AD come first of the year.

lets face it... 99% (and maybe even 100%) of those posting and sharing things online and on radio stations don't know the exact truth on whether or not he has officially signed or officially turned us down

I'm at 50/50 - waiting to see - but this waiting game is killing me - something needs to come out soon one way or the other

“doesn’t sound like it’s worked”. Is Wallace only saying this because there’s no word that Gruden has accepted? Or has Wallace (or anyone else) ACTUALLY heard that he hasn’t accepted? I take this as Wallace only thinking out loud as opposed to making a claim.

I read that as meaning the big boys put the pressure on to get a decision but Gruden didn't give them one.

I dont understand Malzahan to Arkansas. Why would he trade a Porsche for a Gremlin? I could see it if were a lateral move but Arkansas is not in Auburns league.

Less pressure (no Saban in his backyard), equal money, he's from Arkansas, Auburn was ready to run him out on a rail not too long ago. Like Cuonzo Martin did here, he may be looking to leave for a program that he feels may appreciate him more and reset his clock.

Still full Grude this morning.

Probably should watch and see Currie's movements the next few days. If he keeps interviewing other coaches then we'll see these rumors of flights.

Still full Grude this morning.

Soon.

Agreed - but important question. Has anyone even seen Currie since Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back