Official Jon Gruden Thread 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
College Game Day would be the best time to announce. Would be good for ESPN and would be good for UT.

If it’s a done deal. They’ll prob announce today or early tomorrow. That’ll get the team jacked and could help us get a win tomorrow! I’m sure they’ve considered that. We could still make it to a bowl, after all.

Reactions: 1 person
I say disregard everything you hear, period. Until someone else is announced coach he is always a possibility I say!

Morning, all.

I don’t know how, but I’m calm. Maybe my feels are just busted at this point, don’t know.

Hope ya’ll have a really Grude day.

giphy.gif
You are sensible! I can't understand everyone freaking out. I think he's coming. However, if we threw 10 million at him, and he said no, we gave all we could. Nothing to be ashamed of

Gruden doesn't do that little bit at the end of the Seattle interview if he hasn't already accepted IMO. He was giving us a nug.

Everyone stay calm. Bubba came in here and said it was done. Beav hasn't said anything contradictory. The other OGs are standing strong.

If anything, it sounds like smoke got to thick, gas was being poured on the fire, and now it has to be put out until at least after the LSU game when bowl contention is off the table.

Keep Calm and Grude On.

Reactions: 3 people
Why does all the people that actually do reporting for a living say Gruden is a bad idea, or he is not coming. But fans seem to think Gruden is the next saban.

Gruden was barely over .500 as a NFL coach. I don't get the attraction.

head coaching record 100-85

Who is all? I hope you are not talking about WMNL AM990. That station is a huge part of the problem why UT can't get over the hump. What other SEC school has to put up with their flagship radio station broadcasters poor mouthing the football program they cover not only to the fans in Knoxville but also to other stations they are invited to interview on? I've heard quite a few people who cover college football, both those that cover UT regularly or in the national media say there is a real possibility that Gruden goes to UT. Several have said its 50/50.

If Gruden says no this time after all this and having the chance to put the stuff to bed I will be pissed at him. But with his son going to school there I can't see him doing that. That would just be cruel to do that to you're own son and put him through all the crap he would catch.

3 or 4 media people said hed told us no last night.

Okay, let's look at the timeline rationally, if that's an option. It could happen today. If not today, it is unlikely to be before next Tuesday. Like it or not, Gruden is expected to be in Seattle for MNF. There is a remote possibility it could happen Sunday, but that seems unlikely based on the commitments I assume he has in conjunction with MNF. Mostly what I'm saying is that I wouldn't look to Monday being a drop dead date. I'd look at tuesday.

I forget what poster said look for an announcement Sunday and presser on Tuesday. May have been TOS. I'm not expecting anything today. I hope I'm wrong of course. :)

Who forgot to give out the meds last night? I see a lot of bodies scattered below local bridges.

Stay Calm
And
Gruden On

I am going to repeat this for the third time...

Has Jon Gruden officially stated that he has no interest in the head coaching job at Tennessee?
If not, I see no reason for concern at this time.

Reactions: 15 people
Jimmy Hyams.
Enough said.

I guess he is still sucking a lemon.... I am not worried about Hyamns at all.

I have decided to hold my Grud-o-metor right where my source has his at 50% and disregard all the things posted here ... I know him face to face and have for years ... He has been right on every coaching search from Kiffin on so I will stay with him

This way I shouldn't be all over the board on my emotions

50%

“doesn’t sound like it’s worked”. Is Wallace only saying this because there’s no word that Gruden has accepted? Or has Wallace (or anyone else) ACTUALLY heard that he hasn’t accepted? I take this as Wallace only thinking out loud as opposed to making a claim.

Attachments

• 1F518016-DA64-4767-AF37-20987145F83F.jpeg
    1F518016-DA64-4767-AF37-20987145F83F.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Still full Grude this morning.

Probably should watch and see Currie's movements the next few days. If he keeps interviewing other coaches then we'll see these rumors of flights.

Still full Grude this morning.

Soon.

I keep going back and watching that fat cat save the little orange and white clown fish. I'm mesmerized by the simplicity and specificity of it. I think it says everything...if only people would listen.

And good morning, friends!

Is your phone broken?

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back