Official Jon Gruden Thread 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooooo what’s new? Everybody on Twitter seems to be down and out, haven’t read through much of anything last night, seems ho-hum in here this morning.

If Gruden says no this time after all this and having the chance to put the stuff to bed I will be pissed at him. But with his son going to school there I can't see him doing that. That would just be cruel to do that to you're own son and put him through all the crap he would catch.

Apologies for the early morning ramblings: I’ve got a one-month-old Vol fan that’s keeping me and the Mrs. in zombie mode

I’ve lurked anonymously on the boards since 09 and been a VN guy since 12. In that time I’ve sorted through the trolls, Lovie Smith’s plane, Charlie Strong’s 100%, the elation of Kiffin’s hire, and the anarchy of The Night of the Burning Matresses (in fact I was on campus for the latter). Through all of that I’ve come to trust one poster above all others and thaf’s AV. Correct me if I’m wrong, but AV said if Gruden gives a hard no, he would be back to let us know, right? So until I hear it from him, I’m 100%.

I like you logic, but it is to early for such because my coffee hasn't kicked in. I'm still looking at Tues after candy.

Reactions: 1 person
What I don't understand, sorry WAY behind this morning, is if one steps back and takes a look at what has transpired over the life of this thread, how can you not be all in? For me, just too many bits of info not too. If it doesn't come to pass, it will have a really bad look nationally with the info out there. As a Vol fan, how can you not be pulling for it to happen. Plan B would really suck IMHO....

Trey Wallace said he doesn't think Gruden is taking the offer, and that's the guy that has been reporting the Gruden stuff from day 1.

I would imagine that's why everyone is on the ledge, but idk.

“Enjoy the ride” doesn’t exactly imply an immediate time table. I think we can assume end of the season Grude announcement. I know we all want a resolution now, but Currie’s comments to top recruit were before Dec 20. After Vandy would be Nov 26, still weeks before the Dec 20th deadline. Again, calm down folks, take a Zanax, go about your daily lives & believe.

What I don't understand, sorry WAY behind this morning, is if one steps back and takes a look at what has transpired over the life of this thread, how can you not be all in? For me, just too many bits of info not too. If it doesn't come to pass, it will have a really bad look nationally with the info out there. As a Vol fan, how can you not be pulling for it to happen. Plan B would really suck IMHO....

Unconfirmed reports and rumors aren't evidence. The only credible and reliable report that I have seen is Steven Hargis who writes for the newspaper in Chattanooga. Even the Jimmy Hyams tweets were suspect in that he offered no basis of his sources being reliable or credible.

I keep having this nightmare that we hire the wide receiver coach from some Division III school.

Tell me it's not happening.

Had a dream I was in the conference room with Currie and Gruden as everyone was making final push to Gruden and he agreed to terms and I watched him sign the contract. His biggest concern was what would happen if he needed to leave his World Geography class early because apparently he's a teacher in this dream lol. I was trying to take picture to post here but my phone wouldn't load Volnation. Was so vivid and I was so excited...then I woke up and was SO disappointed it wasn't real life...yet!

IF Gruden is a done deal, I don't think they announce until after the Vandy game due to coaches still in season. If a guy like Tee is gonna be on staff. That would be disrespectful to announce during season in my opinion. I don't see what the harm in announcing Gruden until then unless it has something to do with ESPN. he could name his staff at a later time. I am not sure what happened overnight but it seems there is some down people on twitter. What happened to change the tone from yesterday afternoon?
I dont see it. It is already at a fever pitch. They need to diffuse this no matter which direction.

Always remember With any reports of not going our way or south... Atl, Bubba, Beav and a couple of others would come in and say so to not let anyone have false hope. Personally I believe it is done and he is coming “Clownfish Confidence”

Reactions: 6 people
If Gruden says no this time after all this and having the chance to put the stuff to bed I will be pissed at him. But with his son going to school there I can't see him doing that. That would just be cruel to do that to you're own son and put him through all the crap he would catch.

Yeah, I keep thinking no way he would let his son take the major flak for him. I mean, dude would probably have to leave school.

Hyams is Curries leak source. Think about the firing of Butch, now the mention of Gruden saying no. Gruden may have said no at some time which isn't a lie, but I think Currie will let Hyams know when he wants the message that Gruden to the hill is a reality.

Guy shakes his head, mutters "unh-unh."

What's that mean? "No"? "I'm not telling"? "Can't answer right now"? "Not going there with you"?

I think a lot of low-grade local and national media types are learning how to interpret English, the hard way, during this coaching search.

They think they heard their source say one thing, but he meant another. They look foolish for dragging their listeners, readers, or viewers down a blind alley, only to discover the truth days later.

Another dynamic at work: waves in a kiddie pool. Wave starts in one place as a circular expansion, then hits the wall of the pool and starts reflecting back. Within seconds, there's this really complex pattern of peaks and troughs, almost impossible to believe it all started from one single pebble dropping into the water.

Like that, information in the local media, online chat rooms, and twitterverse is going out, reflecting off a wall, reflecting off another wall, and coming back to the source looking and sounding a little different. Seems like "corroborating evidence" to the original bit of news, when in fact is IS that original news, handled a few times..

We're in the quiet period. Very little news is going to escape from sources in the know. An announcement date has been decided, but the media won't be invited until 24-48 hours out.

Pretty much everything you hear during this period is a reporter misunderstanding what he thought he heard, or "reflected" information circling back again from a different angle.

I don't even think there's any truth to the idea that the university puts out negative rumors to slow the roll of the crowd. I don't think they are putting out any info at all. It just seems that way because of the dynamics above.

Good morning everyone. He's coming, and all we can do is enjoy the wait until he arrives.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 6 people
I keep going back and watching that fat cat save the little orange and white clown fish. I'm mesmerized by the simplicity and specificity of it. I think it says everything...if only people would listen.

And good morning, friends!

Boosters saving the AD (and UT) from an iron fist... (And probably himself as well.)

Trey Wallace said he doesn't think Gruden is taking the offer, and that's the guy that has been reporting the Gruden stuff from day 1.

I would imagine that's why everyone is on the ledge, but idk.

Trying to hush things down to extend the timeline for announcement. Coaches coming that are currently on other staffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back