Official Jon Gruden Thread 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hanging my hat on MIT_Beaver... When he says to abandon all hope, I'll go back to despair.

Right now, I'm riding the Gruden train.

Well, that, and getting ready for work.

Question: could it be that the parties(UT & Gruden)involved have agreed, but with Gruden and all his endorsements, an official announcement can’t be made until the NCAA approves of compliance within the contract, thereby delaying said announcement?

Reactions: 3 people
Didn't someone on VQ (chatt?) Say to expect to hear some "no reports" today but not to listen and ride it out?

Why does all the people that actually do reporting for a living say Gruden is a bad idea, or he is not coming. But fans seem to think Gruden is the next saban.

Gruden was barely over .500 as a NFL coach. I don't get the attraction.

head coaching record 100-85

One, it's not true. Most of the nation (real people, not media types) barely know that Tennessee's looking for a coach. They see and hear none of this.

I disagree. This is a sports-crazed nation and the rumors are mentioned on national sports shows. I’m in Dayton, OH, and a lot of people around here know about the Gruden craze.

John Currie needs to give a brief official statement on the "State of the Search".

A void of legitimate information will be filled with potentially harmful rumors, speculation, and disinformation.

Currie, do us a solid.

Soon

It would be a horrible idea to comment on the state of the program during contact negotiations, if this is the case, sure fire way to create mistrust and pressure in an already difficult situation.

Unfortunately we just have to ride it out.

I think if Gruden does not take the job this time he is afraid to get back into coaching and fail. ESPN is tanking and he knows that.

Reactions: 1 person
For me, it's Gruden until he's not the one at the podium. No angst or worry.

Same here buddy. I've remained skeptical of any info being brought here except for a couple of posters, but I still feel confident until I see Currie say he's off the table. I have to admit, I broke into the scotch a little early last night. :)

And there’s MUCH more at play than just the fans’ feelings.

I'm not sure what your point here is. Perhaps you were replying to someone? If so, you didn't quote the post. Can you name those other things that are play? I am sure other are other things, but what are they and what priority should they be in considering a coach at a program like UT? To me, if the fans don't like the coaching hire, whoever comes to the Hill will be fighting a huge wave of dissent from the start and could be doomed to fail.

So I saw on Jayson Swains live stream rumors of Gruden saying no is there any legit truth to this? I know the man hasn't said yes but he hasn't said no either. If he says no who is our next target? Frost? Durkin? Norvell?(God for bid).

If so, shut the football program down. Chain lock any and all doors pertaining to the football program.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok I can’t do this anymore. I actually have to get work done. I’ll just wait for the news story about a massive server fire before I get my hopes up because this is taking up too much time. Keep the faith! Go Vols

Same here buddy. I've remained skeptical of any info being brought here except for a couple of posters, but I still feel confident until I see Currie say he's off the table. I have to admit, I broke into the scotch a little early last night. :)

What did you think about the Macallan?

Why does all the people that actually do reporting for a living say Gruden is a bad idea, or he is not coming. But fans seem to think Gruden is the next saban.

Gruden was barely over .500 as a NFL coach. I don't get the attraction.

head coaching record 100-85

Not only that, but I heard he won his ONLY Super Bowl with Dungy's players! Ugh. Do not want.
:banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

Morning, all.

I don’t know how, but I’m calm. Maybe my feels are just busted at this point, don’t know.

Hope ya’ll have a really Grude day.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people
If so, shut the football program down. Chain lock any and all doors pertaining to the football program.

I mean conflicting reports are saying Patterson said no and he has no interest, to Patterson is 2nd choice. Come on Currie quit yanking out chains and let us know!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back