Official Jon Gruden Thread 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peyton wasn't in Cleveland sightseeing. I think he's agreed to take the GM job there and he'll get JBC to coach the team. That very well explains Haslam's demeanor IMO.

I believe Peyton is going to Indy. I heard an Indy writer say that he had already been offered that job, and Peyton said he wasn't ready yet.

This is the exact reason that I'd been lurking since 2012 but never made an account until recently. This thread is a breath of fresh air.

Yeah, Max, absolutely love this thread and the folks who populate it regularly. Wish I'd found them a year ago, could've been much happier with VN.com than I have been all that time! :good!:

Reactions: 3 people
So I asked Trey Wallace why local media isn’t giving Gruden to Tennessee any attention. He said “I’d imagine they’ve been down this road before.” I take that to mean they’re not willing to give it a chance in case they may be wrong yet again. Then he went on to say he’s just reporting what he’s been hearing.

To me that’s such a load of crap if that’s our local media’s excuse. People call in to Jimmy in the afternoon, heather in the morning, and Ainge and Brian at almost mid day, and they ask about Gruden. All they get in return is to made feel like they’re stupid for asking, or they get almost insulted with their response. It’s ridiculous. When Gruden gets announced I hope people call in and give them an unfathamable amount of hell for treating callers like dogsh**

I’m 58 pages behind, but had to stop and tell you, Bravo! Jimmy Hyams hung up on me a few weeks ago and Mr. Smug will be hearing from me so much when Gruden is announced, he’ll need a restraining order.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 people
Don't know if this was brought up from the ESPN article. I skimmed through and didn't see it but this might be why Gruden is waiting to be announced: Part of the reason ESPN will conduct the moves in late November/early December, two sources said, is to get employees an additional year in the stock vesting program.

Maybe he wants that additional year of being vested in their stock.

I would think that the stock would be trending down.

Edit:Disney is weaning itself off ESPN for future earnings success - MarketWatch

ESPN will be less than 20% of Disney's earnings by 2020

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
From poster on VQ:

According to a post on TOS, Warner Agee reported that Gruden signed the deal this morning...to be announced Sunday.
I do not know the poster, but if Warner Agee reported this, I have to believe. He is not one to throw out BS.

Boys and girls, don't beat me up. Just passing along like so many do. I do know WA and he is credible and has lots of contacts.
Here is the post from TOS...a guy who has been on the site for 15 years.

My son called me a Little while ago to tell me that JG had signed earlier this morning.
He heard Warner Agee (out of Trenton TN) call into 101.5 this morning and say it was a done deal
Evidently Mr Agee has a Highly placed source.
Just throwing it out there...broadcasted this morning
and it is to be announced Sunday...

Reactions: 16 people
Peyton wasn't in Cleveland sightseeing. I think he's agreed to take the GM job there and he'll get JBC to coach the team. That very well explains Haslam's demeanor IMO.

Let me be more specific, Gruden was never in play at Cleveland.

There were a few options that were sent out to both Peyton and Gruden. One was a package deal.

Reactions: 4 people
I have too been skeptical of the Grumors; but, for some reason, it feels different this time.. I can't contain my excitement whenever the announcement is finally made.

I’m 58 pages behind, but had to stop and tell you, Bravo! Jimmy Hyams hung up on me a few weeks ago and Mr. Smug will be hearing from me so much when Gruden is announced, he’ll need a restraining order.

giphy.gif

I hope when Grude comes in he cuts Jimmy's access off.

Reactions: 5 people
Appropriate response for your demand that I "Get out". If you dont like the subject matter, breeze on by it.

Or take your own advice, and get out.

Chill snowflake. This is the Gruden thread in case you can’t read the sign above the door. People have asked over and over to talk about other coaches in their designated thread but apparently you don’t care or you’re late to the party and didn’t get the memo. So as we’ve told everyone for almost 2 months who refuse to adhere to that simple request, get out.
Now, if you’d like to turn this into a battle of sarcasm and insults, go back and forth, take up space and eventually get placed on ignore by the rest of the board, keep typing your thoughtless responses. Otherwise, enjoy the Gruden thread or, get out.

Reactions: 12 people

Work with me here.
Those of you that follow the NFL closely probably know that besides being famous for bad football, the Browns are famous for a very rabid fan base.
They have a rowdy group in the end zone that dresses like dawgs called the Dawg Pound.
Their language can get pretty colorful.
Just imagine if they get a Head Coach named Cooter.
Hide the women and cheerful, Wilbur and cover their ears.

Yeah, Max, absolutely love this thread and the folks who populate it regularly. Wish I'd found them a year ago, could've been much happier with VN.com than I have been all that time! :good!:

Many have said it...best time we have had on VN. This is the community.

I hope we do a better job of preserving the spirit of this thread after the new coach is named than we did after 2012. That fell apart pretty quickly due to the negativity that set in.

Reactions: 10 people
So a guy earlier said something big happened last night. And it will be leaked Sunday.

This morning I saw a tweet about the ink drying last night on the contract being signed with Gruden. Anyone else see this tweet, and could this be the big thing that happened last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back