Official Jon Gruden Thread 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a sad dynamic that seems to be happening.

Most folks in the football forum have ignored the Jon Gruden threads pretty much because, 'hey, that's a pipe dream, will never happen.'

But now that the chance is ramping up that CJG to the Tennessee Volunteers could be real, the media (like 104.5 the Zone today) are picking up on indicators. And the vast majority of VolNation.com's community, the folks who fill up the football forum, are noticing.

And they're coming into this thread they'd always ignored before, to find out what the word is.

The unfortunate part? They're bringing their rudeness and lack of respect for themselves and each other along. Big part of why the FF has been unbearable for the past year or so. Too many trolls, jerks, and immature troglodytes.

So, as one of the FF people who arrived here in the past 48 hours, I'd like to apologize to the Grudenite community for what's about to happen to these threads. I'm afraid the realization of your most cherished dream is going to be the very catalyst that could wreck your cozy atmosphere.

That really breaks my heart, even if I just realized that you all exist.

So...my apologies for the way things are about to go here, even as they start turning around (fingers crossed) for the Vols football program.

Tl:dr

Reactions: 5 people
I really hope it gets leaked this Sunday like the rumors suggest to stop these nay-sayers.

Here's a sad dynamic that seems to be happening.

Most folks in the football forum have ignored the Jon Gruden threads pretty much because, 'hey, that's a pipe dream, will never happen.'

But now that the chance is ramping up that CJG to the Tennessee Volunteers could be real, the media (like 104.5 the Zone today) are picking up on indicators. And the vast majority of VolNation.com's community, the folks who fill up the football forum, are noticing.

And they're coming into this thread they'd always ignored before, to find out what the word is.

The unfortunate part? They're bringing their rudeness and lack of respect for themselves and each other along. Big part of why the FF has been unbearable for the past year or so. Too many trolls, jerks, and immature troglodytes.

So, as one of the FF people who arrived here in the past 48 hours, I'd like to apologize to the Grudenite community for what's about to happen to these threads. I'm afraid the realization of your most cherished dream is going to be the very catalyst that could wreck your cozy atmosphere.

That really breaks my heart, even if I just realized that you all exist.

So...my apologies for the way things are about to go here, even as they start turning around (fingers crossed) for the Vols football program.

then the list will grow in epic proportions

Reactions: 2 people
Since we are getting the Great Grude this time around, we can laugh at this gem:

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Bluegrass, I'm afraid that response, effective as it may have been in the past, isn't going to work any better in coming days than standing on your back porch shouting it at the locusts would during a swarm. And I'm really sorry about that. Wish you had the tools to keep your community intact.

Its gone git bigs badder.

Don't know if this was brought up from the ESPN article. I skimmed through and didn't see it but this might be why Gruden is waiting to be announced: Part of the reason ESPN will conduct the moves in late November/early December, two sources said, is to get employees an additional year in the stock vesting program.

Maybe he wants that additional year of being vested in their stock.

This is the exact reason that I'd been lurking since 2012 but never made an account until recently. This thread is a breath of fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back