Official Coaching Search Thread

tenor.gif

Malzahn would be a solid hire that immediately gives us an upgrade from Pruitt, and stabilizes the program and recruiting. With the potential exodus of auburn players to k-town, it could also patch up our roster.

Beyond that, there’s some good options - I highly doubt that Tennessee touches Freeze with the baggage but I could be wrong - and I believe we’ll ultimately go with someone like a Chadwell.

We could do a whole lot worse than Chadwell manning the offense and Steele being the interim Auburn stabilizer guy who winds up as Defensive Coordinator.

No, no, no, no, no to Malzahn. As someone who lives in Alabama, you don't want him. He's a great guy and a decent coach, but it you want someone to take UT to the top, he's not the one. I believe if Lyle Butch "Brick by Brick" Jones would not have snagged up the job, Malzahn would be on the Gus Bus back to Arky State to retire.

Won't be Freeze due to NCAA issues. Won't be Campbell bc he's waiting for just the right spot. Won't be Malzahn with Steele on board.

Get ready to be disappointed IMO and be prepared for whoever it is to have 5 years.
then let’s try chadwell. Leave Steele as DC

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
For anyone who thinks we are going after freeze, needs to go jump in a ice pond and cool off. It is not going to happen under any circumstance. We are under investigation by the NCAA over recruiting violations and benefits. Freeze got in trouble by the NCAA over the same stuff. You all have lost your mind. Keep hoping, dreaming, and being delusional. My personal favorite for coach would be the following 3 in order: Gus Malzhan, Matt Campbell, and Luke Fickell.

You lost me at Gus

VN Store

Back