Official Bracketology Thread

You no more than I do about this, I realy like reading your posts. Golf and you are verry knowledgeable about vol basketball. I don't realy get why we would still b behind Carolina if Virginia beats them. Is it because they beat us earlier in the year?

They’ve played the tougher SOS and have the better wins

We win tomorrow we're 26 - 7, Carolina is now 25 - 10 . We play in a conference with 8 teams making the dance. I think that merits us being ahead of NC. That's just my opinion, which isn't worth much... Lol

ACC also has 8 teams getting in

I would be perfectly content if we stayed a 3 seed right where Lunardi has us in Nashville. Not much difference between a 2 or a 3 as far as first and second round opponents. Then if you advance past the weekend, you play each other while avoiding the 1 seed until regional championship.

What is sweet about his bracket is the potential matchup in the second round. If they could win their play-in game and then pull an upset over Miama(6seed) we could be looking at a UT vs ut (11seed) game on the weekend. Imagine coach Barnes' team putting a beatdown on Texas. That would cap off the season, regardless of the next week's outcome.

I would be perfectly content if we stayed a 3 seed right where Lunardi has us in Nashville. Not much difference between a 2 or a 3 as far as first and second round opponents. Then if you advance past the weekend, you play each other while avoiding the 1 seed until regional championship.

What is sweet about his bracket is the potential matchup in the second round. If they could win their play-in game and then pull an upset over Miama(6seed) we could be looking at a UT vs ut (11seed) game on the weekend. Imagine coach Barnes' team putting a beatdown on Texas. That would cap off the season, regardless of the next week's outcome.
Damn that potential match up with Texas would be sweet. Hoosier I'd b content with this bracket if we don't get the 2 . Playing in Nashville would b great also.

Damn that potential match up with Texas would be sweet. Hoosier I'd b content with this bracket if we don't get the 2 . Playing in Nashville would b great also.

I'd prefer to pass on seeing TX in the NCAAT right now. Playing in a holiday tournament or in the NCAAT if Texas had a better résumé works for me though.

We win tomorrow we're 26 - 7, Carolina is now 25 - 10 . We play in a conference with 8 teams making the dance. I think that merits us being ahead of NC. That's just my opinion, which isn't worth much... Lol

H2H win, #1 SOS, #4 RPI, and they are a blue blood.

Tennessee will likely be seeded ahead of a few teams with better records for some of those reasons too. Gonzaga comes to mind.

It’s not necessarily about record in comparing us and UNC. They have the toughest schedule in the country and have the most high quality wins in the country. Even with their bad loss against Wofford earlier in the season that still puts them ahead of us. And on top of that they not only beat us but beat us on the road. The committee has changed their selection process this year and have 4 different quadrants based on rpi. If we’re going off strictly rpi then we probably should be a 2 seed but they don’t select that way anymore.

Tickets going up in price quick on stub hub. Anyone with experience scalping for NCAA tourney games. Will they be cheaper on the street?

Let's talk about this more in depth. I plan on scalping or using the Prime Sports fan exchange for the Sunday game in Nashville if we end up there.

Is Nashville in the South Region? Is it likely that we could end up Nashville and then Atlanta?

I could do the whole weekend in Atlanta...

Finally, will UT offer tickets through TN fund for NCAA?

Thanks guys

Let's talk about this more in depth. I plan on scalping or using the Prime Sports fan exchange for the Sunday game in Nashville if we end up there.

Is Nashville in the South Region? Is it likely that we could end up Nashville and then Atlanta?

Thanks guys

Being in Nashville doesn't mean a team is in south region. Sites aren't linked to specific regions unless I am missing something

Reactions: 1 person

Thanks guys

Nashville is hosting games for both the South Region (a 6 v 11 seed matchup and a 3 vs 14) and the MidWest Region (a 7 vs 10 seed matchup and a 2 vs 15 matchup).

Reactions: 1 person
Being in Nashville doesn't mean a team is in south region. Sites aren't linked to specific regions unless I am missing something

Correct. It relates to the actual seeding. And Nashville is hosting games for both the South and Midwest regions.

Nashville is hosting games for both the South Region (a 6 v 11 seed matchup and a 3 vs 14) and the MidWest Region (a 7 vs 10 seed matchup and a 2 vs 15 matchup).

Yes, thank you. I have been having trouble finding a bracket that describes this as clearly as you have.

Now, do we have any idea which session the 3 vs.14 seed is likely to play in on Friday 3/16?

So these seeds are set for Nashville?

I didn't think that was correct

Last edited:

I need to copy and paste this message as many times as I’ve typed it...

Those aren’t set, all Nashville is assured of is hosting NCAAT games Friday and Sunday

Joe Lunardi just said regardless of what Cincinnati does, if Tennessee wins today we’re the last 2 seed

VN Store

Back