Official Bracket Watch Thread

No, I don’t get off on losing. I don’t like watching us coming off with two really good years with a bad season this year because of inexecusbale recruiting and roster building over a three year period. Unlike a lot of posters in this forum, I don’t find Rick Barnes to be the savior of basketball or think he should put on some sort of pedestal.

I mean if you guys want me to post more bitching about this this season I could try and see if I could do that since you guys seemed to be concerned about it but I don’t want that and I doubt you guys would like that.

I just don’t see the point of watching nor keeping up with the game threads if you’re that disappointed in the team.

Most of us with a brain knew this would be a down year.

1. Lost Williams, Bone, Schofield, and Turner.
2. Bad luck.
3. Calls that didn’t go our way.

There were some good moments this year and also a lot of bad ones. That’s the way it went and nothing can be done about it. You suck it up and move on.

Next year should be a really exciting season. We’ll be back in the NCAA Tournament again.

I just don’t see the point of watching nor keeping up with the game threads if you’re that disappointed in the team.

Most of us with a brain knew this would be a down year.

1. Lost Williams, Bone, Schofield, and Turner.
2. Bad luck.
3. Calls that didn’t go our way.

There were some good moments this year and also a lot of bad ones. That’s the way it went and nothing can be done about it. You suck it up and move on.

Next year should be a really exciting season. We’ll be back in the NCAA Tournament again.

I try and read every post in this forum to mod it. I haven’t really kept track of the game threads lately I will admit. This forum means a lot of me, but I don’t like posting as much anymore for multiple reasons.

I knew this wasn’t a top ten team and anyone that wasn’t crazy knew that. I don’t think officiating played a part in why we didn’t go the tournament, I think that’s crazy but Turner getting injured was unfortunate (and having Vescovi early eligible was fortunate so it kind of balanced out luck wise).

They should be good next year. I’m excited to watch Springer and Johnson. I still have some concerns but we should be back to a tournament team.

Yes, because not constantly bitching about him and pointing out how much he makes means people are "putting him on a pedestal".

No but anytime a criticism is made or a negative point about him is made it’s a ridiculous amount of WHO YA GONNA GET and WHY DO YOU WANT TO FIRE BARNES and HES WON 700 GAMES WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE. It’s ridiculous.

No but anytime a criticism is made or a negative point about him is made it’s a ridiculous amount of WHO YA GONNA GET and WHY DO YOU WANT TO FIRE BARNES and HES WON 700 GAMES WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE. It’s ridiculous.

Lol probably because the vast majority of cricitisms are either snarky ass digs or people getting a little to giddy about getting the chance to bitch.

Reactions: Thunder Good-Oil
Lol probably because the vast majority of cricitisms are either snarky ass digs or people getting a little to giddy about getting the chance to bitch.

I saw the same thing with Pearl, it’s not just a Barnes thing. The complete undying loyalty to a good coach. Not even a great one. Tennessee fans hate their football coach too much and love their basketball coach too much seems to be narrative I see on VN.

I saw the same thing with Pearl, it’s not just a Barnes thing. The complete undying loyalty to a good coach. Not even a great one. Tennessee fans hate their football coach too much and love their basketball coach too much seems to be narrative I see on VN.

You and I must read different posts; I think Pruitt gets way too much praise based on what he's done.

You and I must read different posts; I think Pruitt gets way too much praise based on what he's done.

I think the second half has turned that the other way. But like Butch Jones and Dooley (Dooley deserved it) was always ridiculous.

Pruitt was getting HEAT after the Florida game and I thought got some unfair criticism after year one (and I gotta say I was the same way I was livid about Georgia State).

Saturday’s Games:
Wisconsin vs. Indiana
South Carolina vs. Vanderbilt
Kansas
vs. Texas Tech
Rutgers vs. Purdue
UCLA vs. USC
Oklahoma State
vs. Texas
Arkansas vs. Texas A&M
Utah State vs. San Diego State
Oklahoma vs. TCU
DePaul
vs. Providence
Ole Miss vs. Mississippi State
Washington State vs. Arizona State
Rhode Island vs. UMASS
Temple
vs. Cincinnati
Butler vs. Xavier
Stanford vs. Oregon
I know nobody wants to hear this, but if we could’ve won that one everything else for the most part has gone our way so far...

Wisconsin wins
Vanderbilt wins
Kansas wins
Rutgers wins
USC wins
Oklahoma State wins
Texas A&M wins

I know nobody wants to hear this, but if we could’ve won that one everything else for the most part has gone our way so far...

Wisconsin wins
Vanderbilt wins
Kansas wins
Rutgers wins
USC wins
Oklahoma State wins
Texas A&M wins
Figures. We are Tennessee, after all.

I think the second half has turned that the other way. But like Butch Jones and Dooley (Dooley deserved it) was always ridiculous.

Pruitt was getting HEAT after the Florida game and I thought got some unfair criticism after year one (and I gotta say I was the same way I was livid about Georgia State).

There were a lot of people on here who sniffed Butch's jockstrap until the very end.

In general, I think a bulk of VN doesnt like the posters who have undying loyalty to a coach and those posters that will defend everything. Vice versa, most people dont like those who are critical just to be critical.

In totality, Barnes has done a very good job here and next year looks bright. With all that being said, there's a lack of talent on this team caused by recruiting shortfalls, injuries, poor roster management, and missed evaluations.

There were a lot of people on here who sniffed Butch's jockstrap until the very end.

In general, I think a bulk of VN doesnt like the posters who have undying loyalty to a coach and those posters that will defend everything. Vice versa, most people dont like those who are critical just to be critical.

In totality, Barnes has done a very good job here and next year looks bright. With all that being said, there's a lack of talent on this team caused by recruiting shortfalls, injuries, poor roster management, and missed evaluations.

After year 3 true, the tide got ugly after year 4. Going 4-8 doesn’t help lol

I think that’s fair. Next year should be a good team, that needs to be a top 20 team next year.

Wisconsin wins
Vanderbilt wins
Kansas wins
Rutgers wins
USC wins
Oklahoma State wins
Texas A&M wins

Win 3 in the tourney might be good enough

No I said I didn’t get super excited about the win regarding the overall success of the season. Doesn’t mean I wasn’t happy we won. Y’all are looking for something that isn’t there

VN Store

Back