Official Boxing thread

Watched the replay of Charlo/Castano fight, yesterday. Hell of a fight, I thought Charlo was a little lucky to get a Draw. I had Castano by one round, but a Draw was probably the correct verdict. Possibly, the best fight I've seen this year, but I haven't seen as many as I usually watch

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
Gawd yes...please. I'm stunned that people are paying to watch garbage. One more rant and I know no one cares, but can we please stop this fake drama at the weigh-ins? It's just stupid.
Last fight I paid to watch was Tyson v Fury 2. Can’t wait for the next installment.

Reactions: CAVPUT
How many rounds will Fury allow Wilder tonight? I’m thinking Fury in the 5th.
I think it will be about the same as last fight except this time the corner won't stop it. TKO in 9 by ref stoppage. Tyson is extremely smart, he knows Wilder can end it with a single punch. He'll spend the first 5 rounds feinting, jabbing, and throwing looping punches confusing Wilder all while leaning on him in the clinch. He's just gotta wear him down and make him fight going backwards just like last time. He has no power when punching off of one foot due to forward pressure and terrible footwork. He landed a couple of clean right hands in the 2nd fight that didnt even make Fury blink because he was going backwards. I think Wilder made a serious mistake trying to "reinvent himself". He's not going to be able to stop the bigger faster Fury from doing what he wants (leaning on him). He needed to work on his stamina, not technique. You can't learn new technique in one training camp, at least not enough to best Fury at boxing. He should have just focused on stamina, and the thing that got him to where he is, which is landing that power right hand. It saved him in the first fight (even though 90% of people agree he lost that fight despite the knockdowns). It's saved him numerous times when better boxers were out classing him. His best bet is catching Fury late with that big right, but it will be too late as he will be too tired to KO him.

Last edited:
I think it will be about the same as last fight except this time the corner won't stop it. TKO in 9 by ref stoppage. Tyson is extremely smart, he knows Wilder can end it with a single punch. He'll spend the first 5 rounds feinting, jabbing, and throwing looping punches confusing Wilder all while leaning on him in the clinch. He's just gotta wear him down and make him fight going backwards just like last time. He has no power when punching off of one foot due to forward pressure. He landed a couple of clean right hands in the 2nd fight that didnt even make Fury blink because he was going backwards. I think Wilder made a serious mistake trying to "reinvent himself". He's not going to be able to stop the bigger Fury from doing what he wants (leaning on him). He needed to work on his stamina, not technique. You can't learn new technique in one training camp, at least not enough to best Fury at boxing. He should have just focused on stamina, and the thing that got him to where he is, which is landing that power right hand. It saved him in the first fight (even though 90% of people agree he lost that fight despite the knockdowns). It's saved him numerous times when better boxers were out classing him. His best bet is catching Fury late with that big right, but it will be too late as he will be too tired to KO him.
I love watching someone like Fury box. I refused to watch a Mayweather fight the entire last half of his career due to his style.

I love watching someone like Fury box. I refused to watch a Mayweather fight the entire last half of his career due to his style.
Im not a Mayweather fan at all, but I don't know how anyone can't respect his defensive skill. It's impressive to watch.

Im not a Mayweather fan at all, but I don't know how anyone can't respect his defensive skill. It's impressive to watch.
Don’t get me wrong. I respected the hell out of his game, 1 of the greatest ever. I just couldn’t watch due to the lack of entertainment for my personal taste.

These last couple rounds suck. This is barely boxing. Fury goes in for the punch and either connects or doesn't and then wrestles Wilder and puts his weight on him and he's been tiring him out. I guess that's boxing but it fkn sucks to watch.

Fury gets the KO, but he better give Wilder his respect. Joshua would have knocked out tonight's Fury, but AJ has to beat the Cruiserweight first, before he gets his chance. Fury destroys the Cruiserweight, too big, too good of a boxer

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Fury gets the KO, but he better give Wilder his respect. Joshua would have knocked out tonight's Fury, but AJ has to beat the Cruiserweight first, before he gets his chance. Fury destroys the Cruiserweight, too big, too good of a boxer
If Wilder can't KO him, Joshua definitely won't. Fury beats Joshua easy, he's too fast for him. Fury looked fantastic tonight, he battered that man. His confidence got him caught in the 4th. If you noticed, he was fighting with his hands down a lot near the end cuz Wilders power was gone. He knew he had it after the 7th. He had no power after that. Wilder could barley stand on his legs from exhaustion.

Reactions: EricStratton

VN Store

Back