Official Boxing thread

He was done as soon as he landed his right and Fury just shook it off. Honestly I think he was done as far back as the last fight when Fury got up. Had to be in the back of his mind that he just can’t keep Fury down

That right didn't hit entirely clean, imo. Fury's head movement made it a graze. Usually slow mo makes punches look more forceful and it looked worse.

After the first fight, nobody in the world thought Wilder couldn't keep Fury down so why would Wilder think that?

He was done as soon as he landed his right and Fury just shook it off. Honestly I think he was done as far back as the last fight when Fury got up. Had to be in the back of his mind that he just can’t keep Fury down

If there is a third fight, Wilder has to get inside and work the body. The referee last night was horrible. I think he actually thought he was helping wilder, but it was exactly the opposite. Wilder needed to be close, but he doesn’t know how to work on the inside. He needs dirty boxing on the inside to beat fury.

That right didn't hit entirely clean, imo. Fury's head movement made it a graze. Usually slow mo makes punches look more forceful and it looked worse.

After the first fight, nobody in the world thought Wilder couldn't keep Fury down so why would Wilder think that?
Did you see the look on his face when Fury got up? His recovery after getting up was insane. Surviving two shots like that, banging your head on the canvas, and getting up and winning the rest of the round has to be completed demoralizing for a guy known to be a glass cannon.

If it weren’t for Fury’s corner telling him he didn’t need to use his right hand, he would have won the first fight outright.

Just like Shavers, that one big punch barely means **** when you’re fighting someone who can box and has a chin when you’re a heavyweight

Fury’s reaction to getting knocked down in that first fight reminded me of the Undertaker.

It’s also worth noting repeatedly how awful Wilder’s corner was last night...complete garbage, no sense of urgency whatsoever.

Reactions: Fun coupon VOL
Being slim isn’t a bad thing. Wilder’s problem is partly that he’s been protected and he also just can’t box. Fury has never loaded up on power like he did last night and Wilder wasn’t expecting it at all.

I didn't see the fight but I understand that if what Fury said he was going to do. And he did it. I'm not sure why Wilder would've been confused. I guess I'm saying I'm not sure Wilder would hold up against powerful heavyweights of the past. I haven't seen Wilder fight but of you said he can't box but he has that stature I'm not sure how he last against technicians with power. I don't know, maybe it's just easy to dump on the guy right now.

I will say Tyson Fury is just a great name as a boxer.

I didn't see the fight but I understand that if what Fury said he was going to do. And he did it. I'm not sure why Wilder would've been confused. I guess I'm saying I'm not sure Wilder would hold up against powerful heavyweights of the past. I haven't seen Wilder fight but of you said he can't box but he has that stature I'm not sure how he last against technicians with power. I don't know, maybe it's just easy to dump on the guy right now.

I will say Tyson Fury is just a great name as a boxer.
Wilder has got by on having that huge right hand and reach on pretty much everybody. He’s fast for his size and pretty athletic, he just can’t box, bad fundamentals.

He was surprised by Fury doing what he said because Fury has NEVER shown power like that. Hes always hit like a kitten in the past.

Having bulk is not by necessity a great thing for a fighter. Having a chin comes from inherent attributes and neck muscles. Being able to throw power has very little to do with being heavily muscled as well.

You generally don’t want all that weight in a boxing match because all things equal the most important thing in boxing is breathing and stamina.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Fury’s reaction to getting knocked down in that first fight reminded me of the Undertaker.

It’s also worth noting repeatedly how awful Wilder’s corner was last night...complete garbage, no sense of urgency whatsoever.

Wilder’s corner was as bad as Foreman’s was in Zaire. No help at all, they just expected him to land the bomb

If I was Wilder the first thing I’d do would be to move my camp somewhere else. He needs better trainers imo. Go work with Freddie Roach or someone

Reactions: Gary10ec1
If this Fury/Wilder rematch actually does go down, I wonder if either of these guys would be interested in the loser fighting Mike Tyson?

VN Store

Back