Official Boxing thread

The Dog

Because I Can
Wanted to send a public Congrats to local fighter and title holder Caleb Plant, got married this weekend. Can't wait until his next fight.
When I found out Plant was from the Nashville area, he instantly became one of my favorite fighters. Still, I've only caught 2 of his fights and the last one I saw was an easy win over an overmatched opponent. Congrats to the man for getting married and hoping to see him continue to improve his boxing skills.

The Dog

Because I Can
Canelo with an impressive 11th round KO of Kovalev. Boring fight, but it was close and could have went either way, imo, until the big right, followed by a nice left hook and the big right, that ended it, in the 11th

vol445

End zone !!!!!
Just watched a good one Harrison vs charlo. Charlo knocked him down twice 10 rd ref stopped after not returning punches. Heck of a fight. I loved boxing but it never comes on anymore. Fights like this could cause a resurgence

Gary10ec1

Loyal Member
Who you guys got for Wilder Fury II? Was thinking Tyson May have a shot but heard today he is talking retirement after his “win”. Any fighter with that idea in the back of his dome is looking for a nap.

KB5252

Pepperidge Farm Remembers
Caleb Plant, u all, mad impressive, tonight. Ashland City kid, 168 pound champion, with his 2nd defense in Nashville. Not the greatest opponent, but dude could punch. Benivedez/Plant unification bout would be fun
He called him out post fight with the boxing community watching, it is almost a sure thing now.

Last edited:

KB5252

Pepperidge Farm Remembers
Last nite wasnt a fight. Plant dismantled that guy from the opening bell.

Shout out to Ty Tomlin, another Cheatham Co kid who was on the undercard last nite. He won as well.
Ty is a decent prospect, interested to see how he develops. Agree about Plant, he dominated the fight but he boxed smarter than he has been recently, took fewer chances. This was what I wanted to see out of him. It is a testament to his trainers as he they are grooming him for the next step in unification, this was a mandatory dress rehearsal if you will.

VN Store

Sponsors