Official Boxing thread

Still, nobody's watched the Spence/Porter fight ? Damn shame, boxing is really, slowly fading away

Still, nobody's watched the Spence/Porter fight ? Damn shame, boxing is really, slowly fading away

Sad but true. MMA filled the void left by the lack of a boxing superstar for about 2 decades. I love watching a good fight.

Reactions: The Dog
Wanted to send a public Congrats to local fighter and title holder Caleb Plant, got married this weekend. Can't wait until his next fight.

Wanted to send a public Congrats to local fighter and title holder Caleb Plant, got married this weekend. Can't wait until his next fight.
When I found out Plant was from the Nashville area, he instantly became one of my favorite fighters. Still, I've only caught 2 of his fights and the last one I saw was an easy win over an overmatched opponent. Congrats to the man for getting married and hoping to see him continue to improve his boxing skills.

Canelo with an impressive 11th round KO of Kovalev. Boring fight, but it was close and could have went either way, imo, until the big right, followed by a nice left hook and the big right, that ended it, in the 11th

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Anybody watching Ruiz/Joshua? Joshua looks so good and Ruiz belongs in the ring with him. The first fight was no fluke.

Just watched a good one Harrison vs charlo. Charlo knocked him down twice 10 rd ref stopped after not returning punches. Heck of a fight. I loved boxing but it never comes on anymore. Fights like this could cause a resurgence

Reactions: The Dog
Caleb Plant, u all, mad impressive, tonight. Ashland City kid, 168 pound champion, with his 2nd defense in Nashville. Not the greatest opponent, but dude could punch. Benivedez/Plant unification bout would be fun

Reactions: FallCreekVols
Last nite wasnt a fight. Plant dismantled that guy from the opening bell.

Shout out to Ty Tomlin, another Cheatham Co kid who was on the undercard last nite. He won as well.

Reactions: KB5252
Who you guys got for Wilder Fury II? Was thinking Tyson May have a shot but heard today he is talking retirement after his “win”. Any fighter with that idea in the back of his dome is looking for a nap.

Who you guys got for Wilder Fury II? Was thinking Tyson May have a shot but heard today he is talking retirement after his “win”. Any fighter with that idea in the back of his dome is looking for a nap.

I wouldn't read much into anything Fury says.

Caleb Plant, u all, mad impressive, tonight. Ashland City kid, 168 pound champion, with his 2nd defense in Nashville. Not the greatest opponent, but dude could punch. Benivedez/Plant unification bout would be fun
He called him out post fight with the boxing community watching, it is almost a sure thing now.

Last edited:
Last nite wasnt a fight. Plant dismantled that guy from the opening bell.

Shout out to Ty Tomlin, another Cheatham Co kid who was on the undercard last nite. He won as well.
Ty is a decent prospect, interested to see how he develops. Agree about Plant, he dominated the fight but he boxed smarter than he has been recently, took fewer chances. This was what I wanted to see out of him. It is a testament to his trainers as he they are grooming him for the next step in unification, this was a mandatory dress rehearsal if you will.

VN Store

Back