Official Book Thread - What You're Reading & Everything Book Related (merged)

The Dog

Because I Can
Forgive the masturbatory self-quote but I have to throw in a couple follow-up comments.

First, I said I may have mentioned the Vonnegut re-reads before, maybe even in this thread — I just noticed I actually have... on this same freakin page. I’m clearly losing my mind.

Second, @The Dog: weird, I just realized 3 of my last 4 posts are replies to you in separate threads. Should probably say for the record I swear I’m not stalking you. As far as you know.
Great minds think alike and all that

volfan_89

Volnations resident crotch flea
Finally finished The Silmarillion. Tried in my early teens and just couldn’t get through it. It’s a great book for Lord of the Rings and fantasy fans. Tons of lore and really expands and explains the LotR universe.

C/O

Just finished reading the Poppy War Trilogy. If you like fighting and some ancient Chinese lore, this may be right up your alley.
Going to start a re-read of what is out of Saga so far. If you like graphic novels, it should be required reading, as long as you can handle the language and some of the more crazy far out there scenes.

bignewt

VN's Resident Windbag
Lab Rat
Thoughts on either of those latter 2 books?
A million heavens was good great lean writing quick read I enjoyed it. Antkind is very good so far it's a gigantic book but you can definitely hear Kaufman's voice. It's actually very funny so far and weird of course.

VN Store

Sponsors