O/U win total 7.5

Apparently some people still haven't figured out it's not good to day drink, do "analysis", and post on twitter. Had they been sober, they would have set the O/U at 4.

UNDER,
It depends on the QB if we can have a dynamic QB that can buy the extra time to make up for OL. This could keep the D off balance helping RB's & WR's as well as the QB. That would make UT top out at 8 wins. The ordinary QB type from JG, Dormandy, Worley, Simms. Could put us as low as 4 wins.
Buckle up it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

I've been saying all along that we'll miraculously go undefeated but won't be able to do anything due to the sanctions (obviously I don't think this will happen, but like you said, it'd be such a UT thing to do this and then go 4-8 in 2022).

That happened to Auburn one year under Terry
Bowden
don't remember what they did to get the sanctions.

UNDER,
It depends on the QB if we can have a dynamic QB that can buy the extra time to make up for OL. This could keep the D off balance helping RB's & WR's as well as the QB. That would make UT top out at 8 wins. The ordinary QB type from JG, Dormandy, Worley, Simms. Could put us as low as 4 wins.
Qb shouldnt need extra time. The offense is designed for him to get the ball out quickly. That should make the OL look great.

6.5 wins. Losses to UF, Bama, UGA, Mizzou and Ole Miss. Pitt is a toss up.
Im right with you my man im thinking 6-7 wins. To me every game that's not Bama, UGa, or Fla are tossups. Mizzou's QB had 7 TD's to 6 int's last year. Bailey had better numbers with less PT in a horrible offense. OM has one of the worse defenses in the entire country. Its not that I think we will be world beaters. I just think we have one of the most favorable schedules we have seen in years. We just played 5 schools last year that were ranked in the top 10 at some point last year. The KY & Ark losses are unexcusable but the KY game was sandwhiched between UGA & Bama. The Ark game was sandwhiched between Bama, Auburn, & Fla. The schedules of 2020 & 2021 are night & day. Im going to exlclude those big 3 that are guaranteed losses next year and make my judgement on the 9 games that are certainly winnable. 6-3 in those other games shouldnt be too much to ask for.

So turnovers are not part of the game? How many times have people bragged about us having a halftime lead in the UGA game and forgotten about it being because their center snapped the ball over the QB's head into the endzone on their first play? I'm not saying we can't beat Kentucky this year, we certainly can, but I don't pencil it in as a W, just like I disagreed with the guy who said Missouri was an L. We beat their arse last year, granted they got better last year and we didn't but on the road it's a toss up too.

Last edited:
It was 17-0 before the defense and special teams even made it out the lockeroom
We went into the locker room down 10. A good team rallies in the locker room but then they came out and ran it right down our throats on their first possession of the second half. They wanted it more, a lot more. They are a physical football team, we will have to play with 10 times more heart this year to beat them. I am not prepared to assume that is a given at this point.

UNDER,
Yep, with our defense it will more than likely be 4 wins unless the 85 Bears transfer in.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
We went into the locker room down 10. A good team rallies in the locker room but then they came out and ran it right down our throats on their first possession of the second half. They wanted it more, a lot more. They are a physical football team, we will have to play with 10 times more heart this year to beat them. I am not prepared to assume that is a given at this point.
Bro if you get blitzed 17-0 before you are halfway through the 2nd quater 9 times out of 10 that game wont be close. You will lose for sure if the turnovers are 4-1. For as physical as you say they were we still spotted them 17 points. That game was much more about what we didnt do then what they did. KY didnt even get 300 total yards and they only ran for 12 more yards then we did so I guess their defense wasnt physical either huh?? They didnt quit the Qb's just played like crap

Bro if you get blitzed 17-0 before you are halfway through the 2nd quater 9 times out of 10 that game wont be close. You will lose for sure if the turnovers are 4-1. For as physical as you say they were we still spotted them 17 points. That game was much more about what we didnt do then what they did. KY didnt even get 300 total yards and they only ran for 12 more yards then we did so I guess their defense wasnt physical either huh?? They didnt quit the Qb's just played like crap
We lost 34-7, the 17 points did not matter, they still won by 10 without them. Pathetic that you can't own up to it.

Last edited:
I've been saying 6-8 wins is reasonable for this roster against this schedule. Glad to see some affirmation.

IMO, linebacking play will be the difference between 5-6 wins and 8-9 wins. Don't we have like 5 seniors on the DL? Offensively, I predict good, if not great, play. Good skill at RB; may have the best group of receivers in a while. Of course, I'm depending on our HC working his magic with whoever is the starting QB.

Reactions: sjt18
IMO, linebacking play will be the difference between 5-6 wins and 8-9 wins. Don't we have like 5 seniors on the DL? Offensively, I predict good, if not great, play. Good skill at RB; may have the best group of receivers in a while. Of course, I'm depending on our HC working his magic with whoever is the starting QB.
I know that Banks isn't Monte Kiffin. Who is? But... what Monte did with the LB's in 2009 tells me it can be done if you get good play from other groups and simplify/minimize the responsibilities.

I kind of expect UT to play with 2 LB's most of the time and 1 LB some of the time. They'll have to beat running teams by forcing them out of their gameplan by scoring lots of points.

Under.

Losses: UA, uga, FU

Likely Losses: Mizzou & Ole Miss

Toss Ups: KY, Pitt

Don't Get Too Comfy: Vandy & USCe

Beat the other 3 non-cons.

VN Store

Back