O/U win total 7.5

Here's a screen capture that shows Tennessee (top of 2nd column):

1617036198022.png
ExqJz3NWEAUgofI

Eight wins (the optimistic half of 7.5) would be pretty nice, for CJH's first year. Probably would mean beating everyone we should beat, except for one, but losing to Bama, UGa, and Florida plus that one (please not Kentucky or Vandy, ever again).

p.s. Still too early for such predictions, imo. Before we can make guesses at how well we will do, it would be useful to know who our QB is, plus how well the lads are picking up the new offense and defense, plus how the team chemistry looks. We know practically nothing about the 2021 squad yet, except a bunch of names on a roster.

Last edited:
I'd take the under. Its a favorable schedule but you have a coach trying to run a new system with athletes recruited for a completely different system. I see 3 games that should be W's and 3 that should be L's. I see 6 games that should have a much narrower point spread. I don't see 5-1 in that stretch.

Lets worry about player development and keeping this kids in school and out of jail right now. I think the wins will take care of themselves. I can honestly see us winning 9-10 games with: motivated players; Upperclassmen as true team leaders; Competent coaching (development and game day decisions); few injuries and arrests. JMHO

Reactions: Alto1
I’ll say 5.5 and I’ll take the under!
Bigger issue will be 2022 when all this attrition, NCAA sanctions? And an oversized Senior Class this season, and normal attrition will leave the Vols with less than 46 players not counting the recruits who show up next spring.. year 2 will be brutal

Reactions: 08Vol
I think we’ll land at 7-5. Anything over 8 wins and Heupel is in the conversation for coach of the year IMO.

Reactions: kcvols1

VN Store

Back