'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he signed yesterday, I said he would even when he tweeted he wouldn’t. As for the latter, you know I’m not answering that, he has three good choices between UT, UA, and UGA. It’s his moment, he waited (and worked) this long to have it.

Then we'll likely see the other teams pursuing new options soon, a new TE offer and you know its game, set, match.

Reactions: StoVol
I know he signed yesterday, I said he would even when he tweeted he wouldn’t. As for the latter, you know I’m not answering that, he has three good choices between UT, UA, and UGA. It’s his moment, he waited (and worked) this long to have it.
hmmmm.

I actually think our biggest need was LB.
That’s fair, did well there, 3-4 stars and a 3 star, correct? Including a guy I’m rooting for in Whitehead. I just think UT knocked it out of the park yesterday at DL. Possibly adding Hardy there as well. Speaking of...
The other is 4-star strong-side end Jay Hardy of Tennessee. Hardy apparently was out of state for a basketball event Wednesday. That said, he still could have signed, he simply chose not to. Do the Tigers have anything to worry about -- like the in-state Vols perhaps? Maybe, but our sources say Auburn still thinks Hardy is solid and will end up in the class come February. Nonetheless, that will be something to monitor the next month and a half.
AU 247

Figured and never saw your previous post. Assuming you're saying you know where.

I already thought UGA because (apologies) figured Kirby would be an ass, just seems like him. But you making sure to include Bama makes me 2nd guess🤔😅

This has Alabama written all over it. Apparently yesterday during his press conference Saban referenced having more signees who didn't want to be made public yet and it wouldn't shock me at all if he flips out of nowhere to Bama. I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: barrylee
just watched a 40 minute signing day recap by Hubbs, Simonton, Price, and Packer and tellingly, not once was the name darnell washington mentioned, the highest rated guy we are pursuing

Seemed mighty odd

Recruiting is the lifeblood, it’s of most importance for every college team (some HS too). Talent is premium at every level, NFL to pee wee. But, you are correct about losing, anyone can lose on any given day. Otherwise, Alabama would be on a winning streak of +100. If Scar plays UGA 10x, how many does Scar win? Doesn’t matter, they won the 1 time out of 10 odds. Of the other 10 odds, would it take a pick 6, 4 TO’s, 2 missed FG’s, and double OT to win? Probably
Point being, games are played for a reason. Sure, recruiting is the lifeblood, but it's not the only factor. Coaching, key injuries, performance, these are all key to winning any individual game. It's not all based on recruiting, because even 5* recruits can fall victim to poor coaching or poor game plans or a poor performance or injury.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
This has Alabama written all over it. Apparently yesterday during his press conference Saban referenced having more signees who didn't want to be made public yet and it wouldn't shock me at all if he flips out of nowhere to Bama. I hope I'm wrong.
If not here, would rather have him at Bama rather than UGA.

That’s fair, did well there, 3-4 stars and a 3 star, correct? Including a guy I’m rooting for in Whitehead. I just think UT knocked it out of the park yesterday at DL. Possibly adding Hardy there as well. Speaking of...
AU 247
Talking about recruiting, why didn't Broderick Jones sign? No, I'm not suggesting he's opening his recruitment or anything, I was just wondering why he didn't sign?

Yes, if no one they want is available use on good instant impact transfers. If none of those are available then save the spots for next year.
this. i'd be good with that. we could unload some red tape this year by short signing and load up next year w/out signing up for the future debt

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Wasn't the conversation. Someone was making UGA out as unbeatable due to their superior recruiting, thus the mention to SCAR being able to beat them without recruiting at the same level.
Yes, that was the first SEC East game UGA had lost in 3 years. Upsets happen just like our 1996 team losing to Memphis. But overall if you want to play in Atlanta and have a chance at the CFP your recruiting rankings need to be Top 5.

Nasty.

If I remember correctly, it sounds eerily similar to the WR Perkins from last year. It was thought to be down to us and Auburn and he signed with Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back