'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true.

Had they not hit it out of the park with Watson, though, I don't think they would have taken that step up from "good" to "elite". PSU, Michigan, Texas and several other teams with good talent are struggling hard with that transition because they are lacking at QB and LSU was struggling with that for the exact same reason.

You *need* to have a consistent and elite QB in order to be elite. Look at Bama with and without Tua. It's all on the QB.

Which is why Lyle should be hung from his thumbs for persisting in not having a QB coach here.
Wasn't DeBord and Bajakian and Mike Canales QB coaches?

SCAR actually did well yesterday. They had 3 top 100 players if Burch actually signs. That’s not bad. Compare it to UF, who had only 2. UF had to sign WR and RB in this class, they struck out on both. They have one WR, #32. Leonard Manuel won’t make it in the class, and they didn’t sign a RB, they could have had EJ Smith at minimum. UT needed DL and did very well there, hit their mark.
I actually think our biggest need was LB.

I actually think our biggest need was LB.
it was the thinnest position on defense for sure. and we loaded up at ILB. really happy with that....very solid group

and i know we say we want 4 for 4 guys at LB, but pretty much all of them are more inside guys than outside.

we still need pass rushers....landing Joseph was big. i'd like to add one more if we can.

Wasn't the conversation. Someone was making UGA out as unbeatable due to their superior recruiting, thus the mention to SCAR being able to beat them without recruiting at the same level.

Top 10, SEC-E and notable Composite Team Talent Rankings:

1. Alabama
2 Ohio State
3 UGA
4 USC
5 LSU
6 FSU
7 Texas
8 Oklahoma
9 Clemson
10 Penn State
15 Florida
16 Tennessee
21 USCjr
33 Wisconsin
34 Kentucky
40 Mizzou
43 Iowa (just a noteable due to consistent success)
46 Minn (they have 5 4*s total on their team)
47 Utah

Very good day yesterday. Size, speed, high character and winners. Add Hardy, maybe Washington and 1-2 more and this class will really be great.

We got some big uglies and some guys with high motors yesterday. I’m excited about this class. Also, just think about next class..... the skilled positions are going to get some outstanding recruits.

We got some big uglies and some guys with high motors yesterday. I’m excited about this class. Also, just think about next class..... the skilled positions are going to get some outstanding recruits.

Yep. Get DW to go with speed on the outside and watch the middle of the field open up for Bailey/Washington. Win, win

i think at the end of the day, be it Metal, AV, LA or whoever...they only post information that they have at a given time.

they're not the ones "making" the news. just sharing what they've been told or made aware of. sometimes that's 2nd hand, sometimes not....

and in recruiting, being told something today, can change by tomorrow.

so my advice to anyone reading on these boards........take it for what it is. a snap shot of what they know, or have been led to believe to be true, right now.

i'm way weary of anyone that claims to be an insider and starts making predictions and looking for their "i told you so" ecred.

usually the actual trolls are really, really easy to spot. so what i've found to be the issue more times than not is those that have issues or get triggered about "insiders" are usually the ones that have been the most gullible and put waaaaaaay too much stock in what they read on a message board.

unless it comes from @Bassmaster_Vol he's the only insider here that's still batting 1.000, so if he says it.............take it to the bank.

Wasn't the conversation. Someone was making UGA out as unbeatable due to their superior recruiting, thus the mention to SCAR being able to beat them without recruiting at the same level.
Recruiting is the lifeblood, it’s of most importance for every college team (some HS too). Talent is premium at every level, NFL to pee wee. But, you are correct about losing, anyone can lose on any given day. Otherwise, Alabama would be on a winning streak of +100. If Scar plays UGA 10x, how many does Scar win? Doesn’t matter, they won the 1 time out of 10 odds. Of the other 10 odds, would it take a pick 6, 4 TO’s, 2 missed FG’s, and double OT to win? Probably

i think at the end of the day, be it Metal, AV, LA or whoever...they only post information that they have at a given time.

they're not the ones "making" the news. just sharing what they've been told or made aware of. sometimes that's 2nd hand, sometimes not....

and in recruiting, being told something today, can change by tomorrow.

so my advice to anyone reading on these boards........take it for what it is. a snap shot of what they know, or have been led to believe to be true, right now.

i'm way weary of anyone that claims to be an insider and starts making predictions and looking for their "i told you so" ecred.

usually the actual trolls are really, really easy to spot. so what i've found to be the issue more times than not is those that have issues or get triggered about "insiders" are usually the ones that have been the most gullible and put waaaaaaay too much stock in what they read on a message board.

unless it comes from @Bassmaster_Vol he's the only insider here that's still batting 1.000, so if he says it.............take it to the bank.
giphy.gif

Wasn't DeBord and Bajakian and Mike Canales QB coaches?

You're right. Jones finally got a devoted QB Coach in 2017. Bajakian only held title of OC, but might have been part-time QB coach, wasn't on his resume. He did go on to TB to be a QB coach there.

Regardless, Lyle is still a complete idiot that should be hung by his thumbs and he went 2013-2016 with no devoted QB coach in an era when most teams have a devoted coach for the most important position on the team.

@secking Honest opinion, do you think DW actually signed yesterday? If so, you think it's your boys or UT?
I know he signed yesterday, I said he would even when he tweeted he wouldn’t. As for the latter, you know I’m not answering that, he has three good choices between UT, UA, and UGA. It’s his moment, he waited (and worked) this long to have it.

Reactions: Sleegro
Top 10, SEC-E and notable Composite Team Talent Rankings:

1. Alabama
2 Ohio State
3 UGA
4 USC
5 LSU
6 FSU
7 Texas
8 Oklahoma
9 Clemson
10 Penn State
15 Florida
16 Tennessee
21 USCjr
33 Wisconsin
34 Kentucky
40 Mizzou
43 Iowa (just a noteable due to consistent success)
46 Minn (they have 5 4*s total on their team)
47 Utah
USC’s class was surprisingly bad this year. Think they’re around 70 or 80.

IMO, the silence from insiders is a good thing on DW. If we did throw him some benefits and he still turned us down for the dawgs, I don't see any issue with one of the insiders coming in here and ruining his big surprise. I wouldn't respect a kid's want to keep a secret, if he screwed us.

Reactions: Brillovol
USC’s class was surprisingly bad this year. Think they’re around 70 or 80.
only have 11! it will go up in Feb, but yea...........only 11 is a bad look. Should have cut bait with Helton when they had the chance. Obviously they couldn't find a coach they wanted. UM???

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back