Nuclear Option: Peyton Manning as Head Coach.

One of the things that motivates me to work hard with my business is to become a charitable alumnus and to give shady $50,000 handshakes to recruits eventually to get them to play for Tennessee because I know everyone else is doing it at other programs.

Lulz - what are the other things that motivate you to work hard with your business?

This is about an unrealistic expectation as there is. What evidence is there that he can even be a successful coach since he's never done so. And do you really think he'd have any interest on any level to come back to Knoxville? Why? Because he played here? That is not how it works or how former players think.

Peyton has no interest in coaching. Peyton also loves being a father and is enjoying his time away from the game. I can see him being an owner and perhaps a GM in the future, but not a coach.

After Harbaugh wins the big ten this year, that maye the light bulb y’all need see the potential of a former player becoming a coach.

Yeah, because Harbaugh totally didn't have 11 seasons of head coaching experience before Michigan, including 3 years at San Diego and winning the Pioneer League 2 of those years, taking Stanford from 4-8 to 12-1 and winning the Orange Bowl, then 4 years in the NFL taking the 49ers to 3 NFC Championships and coming just short of winning the Super Bowl.

Other that all that, yes completely the same.

Peyton Manning bleeds orange. He’s still a guy that kids playing now/recruits watched growing up.

There’s no way Peyton is not thinking about getting involved watching his beloved Alma mater flounder the way we have been.

I know Scott Frost at Nebraska and Harbaugh at Michigan haven’t been immediate successes—but I am very confident both of those men are going to get their Alma maters back to where they should be.

I think Michigan might win the Big Ten this year. And I think Frost is going to have Nebraska competitive in the next 2-3 years.

Peyton is a football genius. He’s known for knowing what is going to happen before anyone else on the field did. He is a gamer/strategist on the field, and I believe that will translate to coaching success.

He’s got the charisma and the ability to bring in elite staff.

Now is the time to start seriously considering getting Peyton in orange as the face of this program.

I think he will end up restoring Tennessee football and making us elite again.

Were he interested at all, do you really want to put Peyton in the same position as Johnny Majors and potentially have to fire him down the line??

At this point—we have to court him. I think we have nothing left to lose at this point.

Get the fan base clamoring for it, and the administration will consider it, and we can make it a reality.
Wait?! You mean Gruden all over because you know, if vol nation talks, we make it a reality.

Peyton doesn’t deserve our fan base . Don’t know why he would do that to himself.
The first loss would be “He couldn’t even beat Florida...”
“You know Peyton didn’t have a good track record in big games in the pros” (which is a false narrative)

It's an absolutely true narrative... What are you literally talking about???

Peyton doesn’t deserve our fan base . Don’t know why he would do that to himself.
The first loss would be “He couldn’t even beat Florida...”
“You know Peyton didn’t have a good track record in big games in the pros” (which is a false narrative)

Peyton had NINE one-and-done playoff exits in his career... NINE... 14-13 overall in the playoffs, 9-10 with the Colts... Peyton was garbage in the playoffs... Imagine being as wrong about anything else as you are about this...

never happen.

Why on earth would PM ever...EVER...take this head coaching gig?

It would most certainly end up costing him his godlike status at TN, and he'd be working all the time for way less than he makes pimping Nationwide insurance et al. Peyton is smart enough to never ever take this job. I don't blame him.

Reactions: Remy
Peyton had NINE one-and-done playoff exits in his career... NINE... 14-13 overall in the playoffs, 9-10 with the Colts... Peyton was garbage in the playoffs... Imagine being as wrong about anything else as you are about this...
Being in 4 Super Bowls and winning half of them doesn’t equate to being garbage in the Playoffs IMO.

Imagine thinking you were good at busting balls because you saw someone on social media start a sentence with “Imagine Being” and thought you should too.

Reactions: 615vols
ummm, has he ever expressed interest in being a HC before?

He has said repeatedly that the vols fan base love Him Becoming coach could easily change that. Besides that he has all the money he would ever walked. No matter how great coach we think he would be it’s not gonna happen

Why would he want to be a coach anywhere. His next big move in football will be along the lines of Elway, a GM or even an owner of a NFL team. Remember who owns a NFL team now and is a Big booster of the VOLs. Don't think that discussion has not already happened in some way.

I still find it kinda funny that every time we are not satisfied with the coaches some fans automatically start to call for our hero's of yesterday to come running back and save us. How many of those ex-players are coaching now at ANY level.....NONE and why do you think that is.....they have moved on from football and started other phases of their lives.

Peyton HC, OC, Al Wilson DC, LB, Jason Leyman OL, Jason Whitten TE, Peerless Price WR, Casey Clausen QB, Charlie Garner RB, Darwin Walker, DL , Eric Berry DB, Leonard Little LB, Bill Bates ST, ALL of the COLQUITTS punter and Fuad Reveiz K, Tee Special asst Off., Dale Carter Special asst Def. There is your staff. How many of those players are coaching at any level.

Think about it.

He won a super bowl with 2 different teams and went to 4 Super Bowls with multiple head coaches. People say Brady is a big game qb, so what was the biggest possible game that Manning and Brady could’ve went head to head in? The afc championship game. Let me know what Peytons record was against Brady in the afc title game. You don’t win multiple Super Bowls with multiple teams by being bad.

Reactions: feathersax
HA! You probably are right. I just find it depressing to start yet another coaching search after the past 2 debacles.
Don't worry. You will not see another head football coaching search (barring any unmentioned issues) for several more years.

So we should just curl up in a ball and accept we’re always going to be a sub par football program?

I chose Tennessee specifically for football and a connection to an Alma mater I could be proud of and enjoy going to games with my family.

I just got back from a long and expensive trip to Knoxville to watch a terrible product.

I’m at the point where I think we need to do something completely out of the box to ever have a chance to be where we should be.

The clock is ticking on this option having maximum firepower so the time is now.
Troll, Troll,Troll the thread......
If you chose your school of higher education "SPECIFICALLY" for football, I have serious doubts you possess the intelligence level needed to graduate.

He has said numerous times he has no interest in coaching.
Even more relevant is the fact he’s not coaching...cuz he could land a job in seconds. Same thing with broadcasting.

Reactions: Remy
Never gonna happen...He doesn't aspire to be a head coach anywhere...Keep dreaming but he has publicly said he doesn't want to coach.

VN Store

Back