Notice of Allegations received today Friday 7/22

Has the NCAA ever said a program handled things "exemplary" and "should be the standard" in an NOA before. This makes me think
1. Any further punishment on the University will be light ... maybe dock some visits and a few years probation. What are the chances anybody follows our "standard" if we get creamed with penalties for self-reporting and self-investigating?
2. They are going to show cause the coaches involved for a decade or more, especially since the NCAA noted that they were dishonest and uncooperative.
3. I do wonder if the NCAA found anything that we did not already self-report...

Giving money to players is SOP.
NIL does not change that aspect.
Baby momma throwing a bitch fit for something the week before say the bama game has always and will continue to open coach's wallets to keep the player's head straight.
Homesick boys wanna go home for a visit but have no money.
No beer money, out of weed.
Phone broken.
Need a couple hundred tacos.
60k for three years seems a reasonable amount to me. I think it is just taking care of the players and recruits.
The problem was some self-righteous person sitting on their high horse threatened to expose the violation. Then we go scorched earth.
Perhaps a more "snitches get stiches' attitude is needed in Knoxville.
How do you think the whistle blower would have fared in Tuskaloosa?
Being dead serious, someone would have “an accident” if this went down at Bama or Auburn. This never sees the light of day if Fulmer and Anderson hadn’t backstabbed Haslam to become AD.

Sick of the whole situation. Donnie Tindel too. If we weren't trying to gain momentum and stature in our programs, we wouldn"t be jumping at mid-tier coaches. We lucked out with Rick Barnes. So if we can escape with just what we did internally be thankful, considering it's now legal with NIL. I am proud of my Alma Mater. Been there thru thick & thin. Let's cheer them on!!

Giving money to players is SOP.
NIL does not change that aspect.
Baby momma throwing a bitch fit for something the week before say the bama game has always and will continue to open coach's wallets to keep the player's head straight.
Homesick boys wanna go home for a visit but have no money.
No beer money, out of weed.
Phone broken.
Need a couple hundred tacos.
60k for three years seems a reasonable amount to me. I think it is just taking care of the players and recruits.
The problem was some self-righteous person sitting on their high horse threatened to expose the violation. Then we go scorched earth.
Perhaps a more "snitches get stiches' attitude is needed in Knoxville.
How do you think the whistle blower would have fared in Tuskaloosa?
LOL

Yes. The NCAA president came out and said they seriously considered bringing back the death penalty for Alabama because they were repeat, repeat offenders. They committed violations twice while on probation for violations.

Thanks I didn’t know that

I don’t know the answer…..but are the athletes ever held accountable in any way? I understand that the time lag in the NCAA is terrible and they may be out of college but individual records still remain.

Reactions: GoVols15
Lmao, "notice us!"

The NCAA is all but irrelevant atp. In the era of NIL their arbitrarily enforced rules to maintain the facade of amateurism is laughable.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Imagine losing 12.6 million for paying players 60k.

Also imagine being Felton or Nieds, you get a job at a big time program but you have to cheat to keep that job. You get caught and your career is absolutely destroyed.

I don’t know the answer…..but are the athletes ever held accountable in any way? I understand that the time lag in the NCAA is terrible and they may be out of college but individual records still remain.

I mean if somebody would have won the Heisman during the cheating periods that would likely have been taken away. A la Reggie Bush. But if you think about it what could be taken away?

It may have already been mentioned, but interesting to see if anything happens to players that received the benefits, and subsequently transferred to other schools. Would their ineligibility be permanent since they received benefits, or stop when they stopped receiving benefits. You would think that some of the players involved would be big names that transferred to other schools.

What? We are the least penalized program in the SEC. Alabama, Auburn, and Kentucky set the standard for major ncaa violations cases in the league, with Ole Miss high in the rankings too.

I get that but now we are part of that group. I just hate having the cheating attached to the program I love. I mean I know we have always cheated but dang it why couldn’t we have won big? If we would have won big this crap would have never come to light.

Thanks a lot Fulmer!!!!! I blame you just as much as Gump!!!!!
Why crap on the HOF coach that should never have been offered the job in the first place? Perhaps the blame should be levied at the absolute morons that hired Hamilton through Fulmer as AD and rubber stamped unqualified bargain bin hire after unqualified bargain bin hire. It's really a wonder White was able to stabilize and reinvigorate the department so quickly. It makes the last two decades all the more maddening.

Reactions: Smallvol#1

VN Store

Back