Notice of Allegations received today Friday 7/22

What are we thinking in terms of penalties? Bowl ban, scholarships removed or just paying fines?
Talking on the radio, seems the 12 scholarship reductions, and firing of coaches, and players leaving might put us in the clear. They are saying, and i think stated above, the NCAA is dropping bowl bans because it rarely punishes the guilty.

The final two paragraphs are very reassuring:

The NCAA is in the final stages of adopting an infractions policy overhaul with a penalty structure that focuses less on postseason bans. The intent is to avoid penalties that would affect players who were not at the school when the violations occurred, with sanctions focused more on those specifically at fault, such as coaches.

According to the NCAA’s new penalty structure, Pruitt is at risk of having sanctions follow him to other jobs, if he ever receives another one in college sports. The NCAA holds him primarily responsible for the alleged violations....

The one thing that worries me is that they might take away a couple of years' worth of wins. Which will hurt us in the record books, particularly the 8 wins from 2019.

Other than that, I think we're fine. They're going after Pruitt, Neidermeyer, & Co. Our lads are gonna be fine.

Go Vols!

For me all of this is tracked back to one person... Mike Hamilton... He set this all in motion when he initially fired Fulmer and hired Kiffin. And the Curse of Fulmer descended up on us. I always said Dooley was the worst hire we ever made, well Mr. Fulmer mustve heard that and said "Hold my beer". To think of all the coaches who wanted to come here and we passed on for the clown shoes we hired is disheartening. But even so I wear my Orange, and sing Rocky Top. Go Vols and God Bless the University of Tennessee.

why would you think that? Tennessee had coaches, staff and boosters giving at least 60 k in cash and gifts away?
I do not see anything in the article about boosters....only coaches and staff and a wife.

EDIT: NVM....the SDS article mentions booster but SI did not....who knows.

$60,000 sounds pretty insignificant for a 2 year period. Texas AM spent that in a month.
I expected a sum far more than $60k especially since it appears to have been going on during his entire 3 years .

Also will Dan Patrick walk back his McDonalds story now?

"On at least two occasions, the staff spent $225 at McDonald’s for prospects and their families, though the fast-food bags included only food and not cash, as was erroneously reported by TV and radio host Dan Patrick. Staff members also bought Chick-fil-A breakfasts for recruits. "

Mustard bottles, golf balls now documented cheaters. That’s what our football program is now known by. Absolutely pathetic. I mean we all know UGA and Bama cheats but it’s not been documented like us. Good grief. I just hope this doesn’t hurt recruiting.

Mustard bottles, golf balls now documented cheaters. That’s what our football program is now known by. Absolutely pathetic. I mean we all know UGA and Bama cheats but it’s not been documented like us. Good grief. I just hope this doesn’t hurt recruiting.

Oh, Bama's cheating has been documented for years. They just rarely get punished.

VN Store

Back