Not a good day to bring this up...but it is VERY IMPORTANT

That's a logical flaw; you aren't seeing the mountain for the molehill. No one's satisfied with that loss - or even the GA loss - but damn, you don't get to ignore there's nine wins on the board, and several of them much better than SC.

Our defense has telegraphed all year a CFP run - hell, even 9 wins - is a Cinderella story that shouldn't happen. You start choking that off in year TWO, and see what happens.

GA won by a slim 10 points @ Lexington where we blew them out. Logically, we should have beaten GA, but the game doesn't work that way. This team is dramatically improved but still needs *s and depth, and probably a new DC.

Should Heupel be the 11th-rank salaried coach in the SEC?
Logically you should not have beaten UGA. I don’t know where that thought process originates.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
After the Vandy game, give him the raise and extension.
After vandy embarrasses the defense too right? That's how football works. Jimmy sexton threatens a better deal somewhere else and even if you lost a major game you still get a raise and an extension because Jimmy sexton could sell Christianity to Richard Dawkins.

Reactions: UTFanHades
Yep, saw it and edited as you posted - apologies, amigo.

No worries my man.

Tensions are a smidgen high around here right now. LOL

The team and fan base needs a big win over Vandy next week to cleanse the palate of this loss.

Take care of Vandy, win a decent bowl game, then get Heupel up to middle of the pack in average salary.

Save the distraction of contract talks until they finish strong.

I think there is some credence to the locker room dissension talk. The defense has been shaky all year but last night was the first time I thought they weren't putting out the effort. Heuepel needs to be focused on that right now.

After vandy embarrasses the defense too right? That's how football works. Jimmy sexton threatens a better deal somewhere else and even if you lost a major game you still get a raise and an extension because Jimmy sexton could sell Christianity to Richard Dawkins.
There's no doubt he deserves a raise and extension, regardless of the outcome of the Vandy game. How much of a raise and extension should depend on the outcome of the Vandy game.

Turning over offensive staff would be dumb. Turning over defensive staff not named Rodney Garner could be good turnover.

Life is a lot of failure. You come out and fix that failure.
I'm not disagreeing that changes need to happen but Monday? Step back from the ledge.

Expect better results, get the coaches together, watch the film, evaluate the overall performance of staff, and make decisions.

This take of: you had an unacceptable game and shouldn't have a job tomorrow is setting yourself up to not be able to hire assistants because you're overly emotional about the business.

It's clear to everyone changes need to happen. One of those changes is Heupel needs to be rewarded for the turnaround of TN football.

As someone else has mentioned, is Josh Heupel really deserving of being the #11 paid coach in the SEC? Is that where you think he stands among his peers?

Some people on here obviously don't work in the dog eat dog real world.

Yes it is and good employees would tell you to go Acree yourself before working for you if the guy you just got rid of gave you your best season in almost two decades.

Heupel needs a contract extension and raise now!! Kentucky just gave Stoops.an extension through 2030 and raise to a guaranteed $9 Million per year and an increased buyout!! Now is the time to dispassionately think long term, Tennessee cannot afford to risk another coaching change!! Heupel is an incredible talent and must stay!! We will go 10-2 and to a major bowl this year, beaten top 10 teams and in the running for the national championship...astounding by any objective measure
Needs to promise to commit to improving that "D"..Even if it means staff changes..

Heupel needs a contract extension and raise now!! Kentucky just gave Stoops.an extension through 2030 and raise to a guaranteed $9 Million per year and an increased buyout!! Now is the time to dispassionately think long term, Tennessee cannot afford to risk another coaching change!! Heupel is an incredible talent and must stay!! We will go 10-2 and to a major bowl this year, beaten top 10 teams and in the running for the national championship...astounding by any objective measure
You're right...it's not a good day to bring that up. Still, I'm certain you've already sent in some contribution money to UT for the Heupel raise initiative you're so passionate about? One would certainly hope so.

Reactions: tbones0711
I'm not disagreeing that changes need to happen but Monday? Step back from the ledge.

Expect better results, get the coaches together, watch the film, evaluate the overall performance of staff, and make decisions.

This take of: you had an unacceptable game and shouldn't have a job tomorrow is setting yourself up to not be able to hire assistants because you're overly emotional about the business.

It's clear to everyone changes need to happen. One of those changes is Heupel needs to be rewarded for the turnaround of TN football.

As someone else has mentioned, is Josh Heupel really deserving of being the #11 paid coach in the SEC? Is that where you think he stands among his peers?

How I would rank them on what they "deserve" financially

Saban
Smart
Stoops
Kelly
Leach
Pittman
Kiffin
Heup and beamer tied
Jimbo
Napier
Lea
Eli
Cadillac

And honestly everyone between leach and Napier can be jumbled up in there somewhat.

Reactions: UTFanHades

I know many are against it but with the number of high profile openings this year it is ABSOLUTELY the time to lock him up. Nothing like the nonsense at eATMe but something to discourage others and keep CJH happy and in the fold. He’s earned it.

Logically you should not have beaten UGA. I don’t know where that thought process originates.

It does if you take the context of only looking at TN and GA against a common opponent, offsetting the poster's dismissal of better wins than SC while only emphasizing SC. That's why I stated the game doesn't work that way.

Realistically, there should've been no - zero - expectation of beating GA; I sure as hell didn't. Until we've a secondary and broader depth, we'll be wishing to beat the best teams more than doing it. If the AL game is in Tuscaloosa this year, probably been a loss.

I wouldn't dare give him a raise or an extension. I think the fat little coach is a poser who happened to get lucky a few times.

I believe Danny White will take care of him…

Reactions: tbones0711

VN Store

Back