North Korea USA Summit

It's bad. Nothing material changes from today, and N. Korea gets an international win.

Yep. Everytime Trump holds hands with Kim he legitimizes the regime, unless there's a meaningful concession from the DPRK - it's a net loss.

Photo ops are far more important than substance with Trump.

Reactions: tvolsfan
I wonder where they got that crazy idea from?

"best not" should have been accompanied with finger snaps. I'll bet he practiced the "fire and fury, like the world has never seen" in front of his bathroom mirror between Big Macs.

Is there a single person here who thinks there will be an agreement (with enforcement) for North Korea to give up its nuclear program before Trump leaves office?

Show of hands.

Yep. Everytime Trump holds hands with Kim he legitimizes the regime, unless there's a meaningful concession from the DPRK - it's a net loss.

Thats ridiculous, his regime was legitimized when he first tested a nuclear weapon. That put him in an elite group which demands respect, which is why he doesn't want to give them up. Trump is trying to defang him, not an easy task when dealing with a madman. The thought of opening his country up to economic prosperity also scares the boy king because he will lose control, too many moving parts.

Last edited:

Riiiiiiight

You’re trusting the same media that claimed Trump would start a nuclear war with North Korea.

Incredible.
You know what's incredible, Is you not being able to have a conversation with anyone, So you think Trump is going to get NK to denuke like the far right media wants you to believe. Not going to happen little Q-boy.

You know what's incredible, Is you not being able to have a conversation with anyone, So you think Trump is going to get NK to denuke like the far right media wants you to believe. Not going to happen little Q-boy.
That’s funny, I thought we were having a conversation.

What about my post that you quoted offended you so much to think otherwise?

That’s funny, I thought we were having a conversation.

What about my post that you quoted offended you so much to think otherwise?
Assigned me a BS position. Either you can agree with me that a "freeze" might be the best we can hope for.or you can disagree and commit to a belief that Trump or anyone else will get NK to denuke. So If you are through with your false right wing talking points you can state your beliefs on the probability of NK denuking.

Is there a single person here who thinks there will be an agreement (with enforcement) for North Korea to give up its nuclear program before Trump leaves office?

Show of hands.
Not at all. But the fact he has nukes means we should be talking to him. Trump has not legitimized the NK regime. The backing of China is what legitimizes the NK regime. Any war with NK involves China IMO.

Riiiiiiight
r1zkgjwxio731.jpg

Assigned me a BS position. Either you can agree with me that a "freeze" might be the best we can hope for.or you can disagree and commit to a belief that Trump or anyone else will get NK to denuke. So If you are through with your false right wing talking points you can state your beliefs on the probability of NK denuking.
I disagree with you.

If you believe Trump is getting played by DPKR that’s your right, but I don’t believe that.

I’d say better than 50% chance that North Korea goes through with complete denuclearization by 2030 if Trump is re-elected in 2020.

If Trump loses the election, then I’d say less than 5% chance.

In my opinion, Trump is allowing Kim to save face to slowly give in on denuclearization by opening the door to the same type of economic prosperity enjoyed by South Korea.

The media has been mostly negative on Trump’s outreach to North Korea since the first summit was announced early last year. The media would be wise to focus on reporting instead of editorializing.

This type of change happens in years not days.

I disagree with you.

If you believe Trump is getting played by DPKR that’s your right, but I don’t believe that.

I’d say better than 50% chance that North Korea goes through with complete denuclearization by 2030 if Trump is re-elected in 2020.

In my opinion, Trump is allowing Kim to save face to slowly give in on denuclearization by opening the door to the same type of economic prosperity enjoyed by South Korea.

The media has been mostly negative on Trump’s outreach to North Korea since the first summit was announced early last year. The media would be wise to focus on reporting instead of editorializing.

If he is Reelected there's a 50% chance and if not 5%. Lol. Trump would be doing excellent if he could get Kim to actually freeze production.

If he is Reelected there's a 50% chance and if not 5%. Lol. Trump would be doing excellent if he could get Kim to actually freeze production.
I said 5% generously. I don’t think a single candidate in the Democratic field has a chance to negotiate denuclearization with North Korea.

You’ve convinced me. There is 0% chance of a 2020 Democratic candidate for president successfully negotiating denuclearization with North Korea.

I said 5% generously. I don’t think a single candidate in the Democratic field has a chance to negotiate denuclearization with North Korea.

You’ve convinced me. There is 0% chance of a 2020 Democratic candidate for president successfully negotiating denuclearization with North Korea.
I don't think there is anyone in the world that could get NK to denuclearize except China.

I disagree with you.

I think we are missing one of the main points of these negotiations by assuming Kim wants economic prosperity in NK. We would want that but Kim is a different story. His main concern is staying in power. The only way he can do that is maintain complete iron fist power over his people. He knows along with prosperity comes the eventual end of his regime. Tightrope walk for him with all the enemies he created in NK.

I wonder if we’ll ever elect a President smart enough to use economic leverage on China via tariffs.
I wonder if we are dumb enough to believe Tariffs on China will have that effect. Let's throw some sanctions at them while we're at it.

The world is going to have to pry those nukes out of his cold dead hands..he may ultimately bend on many things to join the rest of the world but I really don't see his nukes being one of them.

I really, really hope time proves me wrong.

VN Store

Back