North Korea USA Summit

There is an argument to be made that the two situations are similar.

We could go to war with Iran. But Obama talks to them and arrives at a deal that at least slows their nuclear progress. Don't do it and a neighbor like Israel may glow in the dark.

We could go to war with North Korea. But Trump angles for a deal to slow their nuclear progress. Don't do it and a neighbor like South Korea may glow in the dark.

Maybe we should give both presidents a bit of a break for having to make tough and somewhat unpopular choices.

The difference is clear.

Iran funds the killing of the US military on a daily basis and terrorism around the world. They have received billions in cash and a reduction is sanctions prior to a treaty being signed. If they ever gain a nuke they will certainly use it.

NK is a vicious dictator who harms his own people. Negotiations have reached this point without receiving any concessions or reduction in sanctions. Has nukes and has not used them.

but yes, people should stand back and let the negotiators negotiate.

The difference is clear.

Iran funds the killing of the US military on a daily basis and terrorism around the world. They have received billions in cash and a reduction is sanctions prior to a treaty being signed. If they ever gain a nuke they will certainly use it.

K is a vicious dictator who harms his own people. Negotiations have reached this point without receiving any concessions or reduction in sanctions. Has nukes and has not used them.

but yes, people should stand back and let the negotiators negotiate.

NK killed Otto Warmbier and KJ has killed many other people. Just out and out murdered them. And, we apparently agreed (evidently we lied) to pay $2 million in medical bills for Otto. NK has threatened to use nukes against SK, Japan, and boasted about being able to now hit the USA with one. NK is also linked to worldwide terrorism.

Your effort to make it seem like NK is worthy of dealing with but Iran is not is just asinine. And you know it.

NK killed Otto Warmbier and KJ has killed many other people. Just out and out murdered them. And, we apparently agreed (evidently we lied) to pay $2 million in medical bills for Otto. NK has threatened to use nukes against SK, Japan, and boasted about being able to now hit the USA with one. NK is also linked to worldwide terrorism.

Your effort to make it seem like NK is worthy of dealing with but Iran is not is just asinine. And you know it.

Yep. And the threat has always been these nukes going on the black market with non-state actors using them. With regards to the actual governments using them in a first strike scenario, the chances are equally small between NK and Iran (if they even have one).

I didn't say they were not ruthless, but mainly confined to their borders and certainly not murdering US troops on a daily basis. You said they were similar. If you can't see the clear difference there I am sorry. Iran is an evil religious controlled government that supports terrorism. They have killed US troops and Obama/Kerry are shaking their hands. The 2 boobs made concessions before they had a signed agreement and never demanded any prisoners being held by Iran be released. These are important differences with the NK negotiations and they are dissimilar.

Warmbier went to NK voluntarily knowing the danger and ignoring the warnings from the state department. Would you let your child travel to a country run by a madman? Doubt it. No one deserves that kind of treatment but it could have easily been avoided.

Missed in all of this... guess which guy with a sweet push broom stache was sent off to Mongolia while these 2 were holding hands for the cameras?

Hint: same guy that wanted to blast Iranian military assets after our drone was downed... but the crazy, unstable orange guy, in a moment of clarity, backed off at the last minute.

BTW, since JB has possibly drawn the short straw in the latest episode of The Apprentice-POTUS Edition, who would possibly fill the role of the Bad Cop in national security issues? I wouldn't mind seeing C. Powell come back. But maybe he's settled into to living out his golden years on a beach somewhere by now though.

Edit: nix that idea. He's 82 now. Sipping cocktails on a sandy beach somewhere is what/where he ought to be. Still gonna need a smart guy in that position. Surely there are some good ones retired from the military that live their country more than their political party.

Last edited:
Reactions: ajvol01
That's a good place to send him.

March 2018 zeihan.com newsletter:

Which brings us to the other news of the week. Enter John Bolton.

On March 22 U.S. President Donald Trump fired his national security advisor, General HR McMaster, a man whom many in the national security establishment have profound respect for, and replaced him with John Bolton, a man whom very few hold any respect for.

Many people might rightfully despise Bolton and all that he stands for. Critics say he has never met a country he didn’t want to bomb, a government he hasn’t wanted to overthrow, and an ally he didn’t want to intimidate. And when you look at his public statements on Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Russia, China, Japan and the Koreas it is pretty easy to come to the conclusion that the dude holds some fairly strong and mean-spirited opinions. I tend to lean toward the majority view on Mr. Bolton when it comes to his policy preferences. That, and he’s a prick.

(Cont):

But no matter how unlikable he may be, what you can not say about Bolton is that he’s incompetent or inexperienced. If you can put politics and personality aside for a moment, Bolton is one of the most skilled diplomats the United States has ever had. He was a protégé of James Baker, arguably the best Secretary of State in modern times. He knows the ins and outs of how diplomacy – both hard scrabble and polite – works and just where to dot i’s or twist arms, send flowers or send ammunition. His most infamous innovation is that he fully embraces military options as part of the “diplomatic” toolkit, something that many diplomats are too meek or polite to say publicly, but he also excels at building ad hoc international coalitions on the fly to change international law as he did to rein in North Korean missile proliferation in the 2000s. He certainly breaks the mold that claims that diplomats have to be diplomatic.

Reactions: tennvols77
His most infamous innovation is that he fully embraces military options as part of the “diplomatic” toolkit, something that many diplomats are too meek or polite to say publicly, but he also excels at building ad hoc international coalitions on the fly to change international law as he did to rein in North Korean missile proliferation in the 2000s.

Given that military action happens when diplomacy fails, that's not much of a tool.

‘Experts’ Keep Insisting President Trump Is Doing It All Wrong on North Korea

DECLASSIFIED - The Epoch Times

Published on Jul 10, 2019

Following his trip to Japan for the G20 Summit, President Donald Trump made history by becoming the first sitting U.S. President to ever set foot inside North Korea. How this event came about is a perfect example of how Trump operates. After observing Trump for a long time, I’ve learned to take very little he says at face value. People who hang onto his every word as if he literally means everything he says will never understand what he’s doing.

The same experts who allowed N. Korea to get to this point, the same experts dealing with Iran who blindly and willfully remain naive and gullible and think that what happened in N. Korea won't happen in Iran....these experts?

Interesting that she mentions face, which is exactly what I brought up about his meeting with Kim right after it happened. Face is also why that photo is hanging in the WH since President Trump knows that Kim will see that reported in the news.

North Korea launches two projectiles - CNNPolitics

North Korea has launched two projectiles toward the East Sea, also known as the Sea of Japan, according to South Korean officials.
The South Korean military told CNN that North Korea fired two unidentified projectiles from the Wonson area on Thursday morning -- Wednesday afternoon in the US -- and that the flight distance was approximately 430 kilometers.
The two unidentified projectiles were launched at 5:34 am Thursday local time (4:34 pm ET Wednesday) and 5:57 am local time (4:57 pm ET Wednesday), according to the South Korean military.

Heaven forbid I point this out because I’m positive somebody's panties will bunch straight up but I’m going to anyway .... it would be interesting to compare how many people Kim’s family has killed and how many the Queens family has killed . I know I know ... that’s shocking to hear right ? LOL

One has been going at it for over one thousand years, and the other has only had a little over 50 years...

Reactions: 0nelilreb
One has been going at it for over one thousand years, and the other has only had a little over 50 years...

I really thought I’d get hammered for that because of the Royal love everywhere . I just wanted to point out that killing is killing one just happens to look like a Pokémon and the other owns a crown .

VN Store

Back